• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What do you feel is wrong with Islam?

MFaraz_Hayat

nobody kidnapped the bombers kids ,they did it in the name of islam and i dont see the funny side of it.
They purposely set out to kill innocent people on the buses and tube nobody kidnapped their kids
I am basically trying to imply that we cannot accuse someone without sufficient prove. This was a response to the statement that whether we can call other Muslims, to be not so good Muslims.
I have not talked to the suicide bombers. Neither have I carried out any investigation. There might be chances that SOME ( i used word "some" previously too) might have been used: for instance they were asked to deliver a box etc.
We cannot blame without sufficient proof.

EiNsTeiN

Boo-h!
So what religion do they practice in Saudi Arabia, Iran, Pakistan, Afghanistan and so forth?
And what religion was it when muslims contributed in science and technology for about 700 years?...and what was it when all other religions were living peacfuly also in the same era?

and what was it the religion that spread just by watching the ethics of muslims in the far eastern countries??

wasn't that islam too??

You are judging 100 years and ignoring the other 1300!!

EiNsTeiN

Boo-h!
How about that death penalty for apostates thing? What's your position on that?

It only applies for those who converted to islam, then backed off..

And what?...couldn't you convince me with the previous stuff, so you came up with new things?:rolleyes:

EiNsTeiN

Boo-h!
What I want to point out is that, we (muslims) know that we are too bad to be called muslims, and so far, most of our acts give bad reputation to islam..

We do know that even better than you...But when it comes to judging, don't judge Islam by judging our acts...

Judge Islam the way it was sent, and the way God proposed to the humanity

Sahar

Yeah, that driver's license thing. Also the right to walk out your front door, to go where you want when you want, to function as a human being in society, to receive an education and get paid, to have custody of your children, to vote, serve on juries, testify in court, and wear what you damn well please. Those are the just a few of the issues that I have with Islam--except that for some reason it's not Islam's fault that Islam denies these rights to women in Islamic countries. I'll just take a wild guess that you enjoy all these rights, am I right?
I do enjoy all these rights. I can drive a car, I can go where I want, I can wear what I want, I can go voting, I can be judge and testify in courts, I go to college, oh yeah and I function as a human being in my society and guess what I live in a Muslim country. What do you think of this kind of Islam, my dear? Or only Islam is there in Saudi Arabia?!

EiNsTeiN

Boo-h!
I do enjoy all these rights. I can drive a car, I can go where I want, I can wear what I want, I can go voting, I can be judge and testify in courts, I go to college oh yeah and I function as a human being in my society and guess what I live in a Muslim country. What do you think of this kind of Islam, my dear? Or only Islam is there in Saudi Arabia?!

Panda

42?
Premium Member
And what religion was it when muslims contributed in science and technology for about 700 years?...and what was it when all other religions were living peacfuly also in the same era?

and what was it the religion that spread just by watching the ethics of muslims in the far eastern countries??

wasn't that islam too??

It is the past 100 years that is important. Can a murderer get away with it if they had been a good person before they killed? No of course not.

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank

wasn't that islam too??

Well I'm really talking about now cuz, uh, it's now, y'know?

But if you want to talk about history--Islam spread "just by watching the ethics of Muslims?" Pull the other one, it's got bells on. Islam has been a warrior religion spread through conquest since its inception. You know, like the conquest of Syria in 637, Armenia in 639, Persia around the same time. Egypt, Afgahnistan, Pakistan, etc...all of these were conquered by invading Muslim armies that subjugated the native populations and made it in their substantial interest to convert to Islam. Then, unsurprisingly, they did. Or wasn't that the real Islam either?

Now, as I was asking, you you were not answering, what religion is practiced in Saudi Arabia? What kind of revolution did they have in Iran, and who is in power there?

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
I do enjoy all these rights. I can drive a car, I can go where I want, I can wear what I want, I can go voting, I can be judge and testify in courts, I go to college, oh yeah and I function as a human being in my society and guess what I live in a Muslim country. What do you think of this kind of Islam, my dear? Or only Islam is there in Saudi Arabia?!

Where do you live?
What religion do they practice in Saudi Arabia? Pakistan? Iran? Afghanistan?

MFaraz_Hayat

Where do you live?
I am a Pakistani and I know that Islamic laws have not been implemented fully. Only part of these laws ( a portion) which alone serves to political purpose has been enforced.

EiNsTeiN

Boo-h!
It is the past 100 years that is important. Can a murderer get away with it if they had been a good person before they killed? No of course not.
Of course no, cuz there have been many generations of muslims...While a criminal is just a one person!

EiNsTeiN

Boo-h!
Where do you live?
I will just quote my post again:

EiNsTeiN said:
What I want to point out is that, we (muslims) know that we are too bad to be called muslims, and so far, most of our acts give bad reputation to islam..

We do know that even better than you...But when it comes to judging, don't judge Islam by judging our acts...

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank

So ignore everything that actual Muslims actually do, and just read the Qu'ran? O.K., although I suspect there's some relationship between Islam and Muslims, but if you say so.

2:222 They question thee (O Muhammad) concerning menstruation. Say: It is an illness, so let women alone at such times...
2:223 Your women are a tilth for you (to cultivate) so go to your tilth as ye will...
And they (women) have rights similar to those (of men) over them in kindness, and men are a degree above them.
2: 282 And call two witness from among your men, two witnesses. And if two men be not at hand, then a man and two women...
4:11 Allah chargeth you concerning (the provision for) your children: to the male the equivalent of the portion of two females, and if there be women more than two, then theirs is two-thirds of the inheritance, and if there be one (only) then the half.
4:24 And all married women (are forbidden unto you) save those (captives) whom your right hands possess.
4:34 Men are in charge of women, because Allah hath made the one of them to excel the other, and because they spend of their property (for the support of women). So good women are the obedient, guarding in secret that which Allah hath guarded. As for those from whom ye fear rebellion, admonish them and banish them to beds apart, and scourge them.
4:176 They ask thee for a pronouncement. Say: Allah hath pronounced for you concerning distant kindred. If a man die childless and he have a sister, hers is half the heritage, and he would have inherited from her had she died childless. And if there be two sisters, then theirs are two-thirds of the heritage, and if they be brethren, men and women, unto the male is the equivalent of the share of two females.
24:31 And tell the believing women to lower their gaze and be modest, and to display of their adornment only that which is apparent, and to draw their veils over their bosoms, and not to reveal their adornment save to their own husbands or fathers or husbands' fathers, or their sons or their husbands' sons, or their brothers or their brothers' sons or sisters' sons, or their women, or their slaves, or male attendants who lack vigour, or children who know naught of women's nakedness. And let them not stamp their feet so as to reveal what they hide of their adornment.

Now you want to know what kind of problems I have with what the Qu'ran says about women? Or are you going to say something about the Qu'ran being above question, being the Word of God and all?

Panda

42?
Premium Member
Of course no, cuz there have been many generations of muslims...While a criminal is just a one person!

What do the past generations matter? Yes the Islamic world used to be great. Full of tolerance, rich in culture and science. However this is no longer relevant because it is the here and now we are talking about. In the here and now Islamic terrorism is running riot. I mean people wanted to kill a teacher for letting her children call a teddy bear Muhammad. When a cartoon of Muhammad was shown an embassy was blown up!Then there were the London Bombings, and of course 9/11. All of this was done in the name of Islam.

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
I am a Pakistani and I know that Islamic laws have not been implemented fully. Only part of these laws ( a portion) which alone serves to political purpose has been enforced.
O.K. Is Pakistan a Muslim country? Are women in Pakistan allowed to take up any job they wish? Or are there rules about where they can and cannot work? How are rape victims treated there? Do honor killings take place there? Are they punished? How do the Hudood laws work? Who is in favor of keeping them, the Islamists, or the more secular aspects of Pakistani society?

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
What do the past generations matter? Yes the Islamic world used to be great. Full of tolerance, rich in culture and science. However this is no longer relevant because it is the here and now we are talking about. In the here and now Islamic terrorism is running riot. I mean people wanted to kill a teacher for letting her children call a teddy bear Muhammad. When a cartoon of Muhammad was shown an embassy was blown up!Then there were the London Bombings, and of course 9/11. All of this was done in the name of Islam.

A Danish newspaper had the effrontery to express their opinions about Muhammed and Islam in the form of some cartoons, for heaven's sake, and eventually:
For weeks, numerous demonstrations and other protests against the cartoons took place worldwide. Rumours spread via SMS and word-of-mouth.[47] On February 4, 2006, the Danish and Norwegian embassies in Syria were set ablaze, although with no injuries. In Beirut, the Danish Embassy was set on fire,[48] leaving one protester dead.[49] Altogether, at least 139 people were killed in protests, most due to police firing on the crowds,[50] mainly in Nigeria, Libya, Pakistan and Afghanistan. Several death threats and reward offers for killing those responsible for the cartoons were made,[51] resulting in the cartoonists going into hiding.
[wiki] About some cartoons, for heaven's sake. And you want to know why the rest of the world has a problem with Islam? Now you're going to explain that those weren't actual Muslims, they were Danes with good tans and long, dyed beards just pretending to be Muslims and burning down their own embassy?