• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What do you feel is wrong with Islam?

Popeyesays

There are many Muslims who consider the Qur'an the best hadith and take all the other Hadith with a couple grains of salt. Technically one could consider that ever since the Toleration Edict was signed by the Sultan of Turkey the battle with "the Jews" has been going on. So why consider this some kind of prophecy to come, when it is true today from more than one point of view.

The outcome will eventually be peace, and it does not look like it will bethe peace of the grave at all.

Regards,
Scott

EiNsTeiN

Boo-h!
So one day will fight the jews
yeah, and there can be hundreds of scenarios for such a battle..

Popeysays said:
There are many Muslims who consider the Qur'an the best hadith and take all the other Hadith with a couple grains of salt. Technically one could consider that ever since the Toleration Edict was signed by the Sultan of Turkey the battle with "the Jews" has been going on. So why consider this some kind of prophecy to come, when it is true today from more than one point of view.

The outcome will eventually be peace, and it does not look like it will bethe peace of the grave at all.

Regards,
Scott
Only God knows when the prophecy will be fullfilled..

But it's one of the "major" signs for the the Hour, which is an era, many muslims believe we didn't reach yet..

The "minor" prophecies are all fullfilled so far...But nothing from the "major" ones yet..

The major prophecies are characterized by being very close to the Hour day, and their appearance indicate that the Hour is actually very close..

Those major prophecies are also characterized by being "fictionous" looking, like for instance the appearance of a speaking demon in Mekka!
In contrary with the minor signs that are more reasonable..

Anyway, we can't predict how those signs will occure..They just explain themselves once they appear..

Popeyesays

In other words, Einstein, they may be metaphoric rather than literal.

In any case, Baha`i's believe the Hour has struck-in 1844 CE (1260 AH) and all those prophecies were made manifest with the second blast upon the trumpet.

Regards,
Scott

kai

ragamuffin
Perhaps another thread would be appropriate, to compare how Christianity, Islam and Baha`i interpret the idea of the "End of Days". It would get pretty far off-topic here, I think.

Regards,
Scott
i dont agree if the end of days for muslims becomes a reason to kill jews, or one of the criteria. then thats something wrong with islam .

MFaraz_Hayat

i dont agree if the end of days for muslims becomes a reason to kill jews, or one of the criteria. then thats something wrong with islam .
It is the belief of the Muslims, that when Anti-Christ ( known as Dajjal) will arrive, Jews will take him as their messiah. He will wage wars against Muslims and Jews will participate in these battles. In such battles will Jews be killed. What will your reaction be if someone attacks or declares war against you and comes to kill you? Check this info up.

Popeyesays

It is the belief of the Muslims, that when Anti-Christ ( known as Dajjal) will arrive, Jews will take him as their messiah. He will wage wars against Muslims and Jews will participate in these battles. In such battles will Jews be killed. What will your reaction be if someone attacks or declares war against you and comes to kill you? Check this info up.

I used the symbol of the Dajjal in my science fiction novel. It does not deal with an actual appearance of the Dajjal, but a fundamentalist cleric who thinks he is bui8lding an army of conquest to become3 the sword of the Mahdi, when actually it is the sword of the Dajjal he is creating. The imagery of a shattered blade was useful in the book.

Now do I believe there will be a one-eyed man riding a donkey who becomes the Islamic anti-Christ?

No.

I believe the whole idea of the world-ending is an ungodly idea. I also believe that whenever a new Messenger comes the old world does end on the spiritual plane and a new one comes into being. But it is a material symbol for a spiritual event. Muhammed uses many symbols in the Qur'an (or rather God directed Him to use those symbols in the Qur'an) to express spiritual truths--even more so in the recorded hadith.

Regards,
Scott

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member

My reaction would be to to fight back failing diplomacy but is'nt that what the jews are doing,fighting back.

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
This is the problem with most of the major religions,hey live in the past and think about the end of the world instead of dealing logically with the present.
All the terrorism and fighting will change nothing,indeed it blocks any hope of a solution and the use of religion,islam and judaism but predominately islam to carry out acts of terror against innocent unarmed people is just unacceptable.
In this thread i have read many times that the people who carry out these acts are not real muslims however hamma slways uses the qur'an so does al qieda and they are all muslims and the suicide bombers with their promise of paradise are muslims too,would you have the courage to tell hammas for example you people are not real muslims,i would be surprised if you did.

MFaraz_Hayat

My reaction would be to to fight back failing diplomacy but is'nt that what the jews are doing,fighting back.
Fight back failing diplomacy when they are coming for war? Let me tell you that according to Muslim belief " Dajjal " would be intent on destroying them. He will not negotiate unless Muslims will accept him as God. Now personally, if someone would want to enforce his belief on me and would be ready to wage war and try to kill me, I would not be dumb enough to not fight back.
However, all of this is speculation. Until the event actually happens, it is pointless to argue. I do not see any problem with the Hadith, if in fact , it tells me to fight back when someone declares war unjustly and comes to make me believe in him, via force. To me it seems logical.
Just imagine a scenario where someone is actually coming to forcefully convert you. You know that he will fight against you, if you will resist ( despite the fact he is wrong). It's your choice then, either to succumb or fight back.

MFaraz_Hayat

This is the problem with most of the major religions,hey live in the past and think about the end of the world instead of dealing logically with the present.
All the terrorism and fighting will change nothing,indeed it blocks any hope of a solution and the use of religion,islam and judaism but predominately islam to carry out acts of terror against innocent unarmed people is just unacceptable.
In this thread i have read many times that the people who carry out these acts are not real muslims however hamma slways uses the qur'an so does al qieda and they are all muslims and the suicide bombers with their promise of paradise are muslims too,would you have the courage to tell hammas for example you people are not real muslims,i would be surprised if you did.
Islam talks about the end of world, to make people realize that Judgement awaits. This is done, so that people may mend their ways and lead a good,honest life.
I don't know about Hamas but if Al-Qaeda is using quotes, probably you can shed light on it. I mean, I will show you how verses are being used out of context.

doppelganger

Through the Looking Glass
The biggest shortcoming of Islam is the same as the biggest shortcoming of any creative mythology that becomes the basis for a human social institution: it is its own antithesis.

MFaraz_Hayat

doppelgänger;1040650 said:
The biggest shortcoming of Islam is the same as the biggest shortcoming of any creative mythology that becomes the basis for a human social institution: it is its own antithesis.
I am sorry but I did not understand what you meant. Can you include more details, please. Thank you.

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
Fight back failing diplomacy when they are coming for war? Let me tell you that according to Muslim belief " Dajjal " would be intent on destroying them. He will not negotiate unless Muslims will accept him as God. Now personally, if someone would want to enforce his belief on me and would be ready to wage war and try to kill me, I would not be dumb enough to not fight back.
However, all of this is speculation. Until the event actually happens, it is pointless to argue. I do not see any problem with the Hadith, if in fact , it tells me to fight back when someone declares war unjustly and comes to make me believe in him, via force. To me it seems logical.
Just imagine a scenario where someone is actually coming to forcefully convert you. You know that he will fight against you, if you will resist ( despite the fact he is wrong). It's your choice then, either to succumb or fight back.

Of course i know of this scenario as islam tried to invade europe once and impose its religion on its inhabitants,the crusaders conquered the holy land and imposed itself on the inhabitants,so what that was then this is now.

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
Besides there is more than one muslim belief ie sunni etc so all muslims are not dancing to the same music so although your view is one of peace another is one of terror.

iLL_LeaT

From what I can tell there is nothing wrong with Islam. There is just something wrong with people who take passages out of context to justify killing people.

Every religion has done it though.

MFaraz_Hayat

Of course i know of this scenario as islam tried to invade europe once and impose its religion on its inhabitants,the crusaders conquered the holy land and imposed itself on the inhabitants,so what that was then this is now.
I did register your use of word "Islam" for actions of Muslims and "crusader" for actions of Christians. Why not use the word Christianity there? Biased????