• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What do you feel is wrong with Islam?

Panda

42?
Premium Member
It's not about Islam, but about Muslims.

No it is about Islam.

It wasn't better, but the best, and it remain the same, and will be.

Quite a bold statement which I, obviously, will disagree with. Are you really trying to claim that Islamic culture is the best in the world and has no problems? If you are then you really need to wake up and take a look around to see how wrong you truly are.

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
I am not trying to impose my values on anyone. We were discussing freedom to choose. Would I go into a tribe of Pygmies and try to make the women cover their breast? No! But I wouldn't want them moving into my neighborhood without making some adjustments to assimilate into our culture. The agenda for a lot of Muslims is to intergrate and then change the culture and laws to suite them. A good example is the U.K.
YouTube - Muslims Invade Britain & Begin On USA
YouTube - England - Islam Victory in Europe - Muslims

Yes i agree with you that in the UK muslims make no attempt to integrate,instead they build communities that are basically home from home which is no good for anyone.
I get really angry when for example on St Georges day i am told it is provocative to display my countrys flag and feel if anybody who lives here should respect it.

MFaraz_Hayat

doppelgänger;1042212 said:
Maybe. Let's try this: What do you think is wrong about Sufism?
Well in Sufism, one becomes to much involved with religion. He does not give importance to this world and only worships God . On the face it might sound good, but personally ( I don't know if I am right) I think that Sufism is an extreme. As Quran says:
"People of the Book! Do not go to extremes in your religion, asserting other than the truth, and do not follow the whims and desires of people who were misguided previously and have misguided many others, and are far from the right way." (Surat al-Ma'ida: 77)
Secondly, I have even heard a saying of Prophet: "Next to obligation of daily prayer is the obligation to earn a honest living" ( Can't exactly remember the reference).
One has to live this life and prepare for the next. But in doing so he must not completely abandon this life.
I am open for correction, however, for this I believe is my view. Any other Muslims may criticize me. ( But I hope they will provide A hadith or verse to support their cause).

Yes i agree with you that in the UK muslims make no attempt to integrate,instead they build communities that are basically home from home which is no good for anyone.
I get really angry when for example on St Georges day i am told it is provocative to display my countrys flag and feel if anybody who lives here should respect it.

Look, there are many muslims who have intergrated, look at the wider picture.

doppelganger

Through the Looking Glass
Well in Sufism, one becomes to much involved with religion. He does not give importance to this world and only worships God .

Well, they have children, and go to jobs and whatnot, so let's just narrow it down to those Sufis who still participate in the regular world, of which there are many.

What's wrong with what they profess or teach?

Popeyesays

doppelgänger;1043597 said:
Well, they have children, and go to jobs and whatnot, so let's just narrow it down to those Sufis who still participate in the regular world, of which there are many.

What's wrong with what they profess or teach?

Let's stipulate that Sufism is a legitimate school of Islamic thought, just like Shi'ism and Suni. Once stipulated you have the same kind of quibbles amongst the 'denominations' as you have amongst denominations of any philosophical or religious belief system.

That out of the way; what is the rub between Sufism and the other forms of Islam?

Essentially it's this: Sufis believe that one can become "One with God" to the point that they join GOD. This is the objection that Shi'ih and Sunni make most often. Baha`i's would stipulate that as misguided as well.

When the Hassidic form of Judaism formed, Orthodox Judaism had much the same objection. There have been Christian groups that tended in the same direction, but not quite so dramatically, i.e. Pentecostals, Cathars. . .

Regards,
Scott

doppelganger

Through the Looking Glass
That out of the way; what is the rub between Sufism and the other forms of Islam?

Essentially it's this: Sufis believe that one can become "One with God" to the point that they join GOD. This is the objection that Shi'ih and Sunni make most often. Baha`i's would stipulate that as misguided as well.

That's exactly what I was driving at. Thanks for spoiling the surprise, Scott. :)

EiNsTeiN

Boo-h!
doppelgänger;1043611 said:
That's exactly what I was driving at. Thanks for spoiling the surprise, Scott. :)
I didn't get what you were trying to show there?
I'm kinda busy to reply, but I still check up the thread daily :D

TashaN

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I am not trying to impose my values on anyone. We were discussing freedom to choose. Would I go into a tribe of Pygmies and try to make the women cover their breast? No! But I wouldn't want them moving into my neighborhood without making some adjustments to assimilate into our culture. The agenda for a lot of Muslims is to intergrate and then change the culture and laws to suite them. A good example is the U.K.
YouTube - Muslims Invade Britain & Begin On USA

This is so interesting, and i think if i were to answer this, we will go way off-topic, because it's talking about some muslims in europe but not about Islam, as a dogma. The thread is about "what do you feel is wrong with Islam", and i think there another thread somewhere talking about "what's wrong with the Muslims" or something similar!

Wow, if i were you, i would be really frightened, no wonder alot of people in europe complain about the muslims. You know what?

I assure you, if some muslims would say these things in any arabic country, they would be locked in prison right away. I don't know why you allow them to say these things. Sheesh! Is this your free speech? no exceptions at all for what one can say or can't?

I'm really sorry, but i didn't see such people in my entire life, because muslims can't do these things in their home countries, and they won't do it, but you people allow them to do so in yours. ;)

I remmeber back then in the 80ties and 90ties especially, alot of extreme people ran away from their original countries. Although their countries were asking the european countries to send them back, but they refused with arrogance. Let them now pay the price for what they have done!

TashaN

Veteran Member
Premium Member
No it is about Islam.

How so?

Something wrong with the Quran? or maybe the teaching of prophet Mohammed?

Quite a bold statement which I, obviously, will disagree with. Are you really trying to claim that Islamic culture is the best in the world and has no problems? If you are then you really need to wake up and take a look around to see how wrong you truly are.

You are free to disagree with me, but i believe it's the truth for me. :)

And by the way, Islam is not a culture, not even a religion, it's a way of life.

DarkSun

:eltiT
There is nothing wrong with Islam, or any other religion for that matter. It's those who follow the religions, and who warp them for their own gain, that are at fault.

DarkSun

How so?

Something wrong with the Quran? or maybe the teaching of prophet Mohammed?

You are free to disagree with me (That Islam is Problem-free), but i believe it's the truth for me. :)

And by the way, Islam is not a culture, not even a religion, it's a way of life.

There are minorities within the Middle East, that will willingly die "in the name of Allah", taking as many "evildoers" with them as they can.

It is nothing short of disgusting when any person decides to kill in the name of God.

That is one of my problems.

DarkSun

This is so interesting, and i think if i were to answer this, we will go way off-topic, because it's talking about some muslims in europe but not about Islam, as a dogma. The thread is about "what do you feel is wrong with Islam", and i think there another thread somewhere talking about "what's wrong with the Muslims" or something similar!

Wow, if i were you, i would be really frightened, no wonder alot of people in europe complain about the muslims. You know what?

I assure you, if some muslims would say these things in any arabic country, they would be locked in prison right away. I don't know why you allow them to say these things. Sheesh! Is this your free speech? no exceptions at all for what one can say or can't?

I'm really sorry, but i didn't see such people in my entire life, because muslims can't do these things in their home countries, and they won't do it, but you people allow them to do so in yours. ;)

I remmeber back then in the 80ties and 90ties especially, alot of extreme people ran away from their original countries. Although their countries were asking the european countries to send them back, but they refused with arrogance. Let them now pay the price for what they have done!

I guess this is the price England is paying, for treating all people with dignity.

If you don't think that it's worth it, then I guess we're both very different people.

:eek: