• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What do you know about Islam?

Zadok

Zadok
Hello everyone,

Its been a very long time since I opened any thread ( I guess since my introduction thread :) ) , and I had this question in mind for a while :

I would like to know about each person what they know about Islam?

I may have a secret purpose behind it ( who knows? :) ) , but the main reason is jsut curiosity?

Best regards :)

Ps: Dont get wrong my secret purpose, its just clearing misconceptions if there are any (I thought maybe someone could die of curiosity, and I wouldnt let that happen :) )

I know some about the doctrine. But I also know that Allah has not given peace among the believers of the Quran and the sayings and mission of Muhammad. The Shiite and Sonnies are example of what I speak. I know that modern Islam is more “inspired” to reform others than to reform themselves (believers) and so there will not be peace for any society that deals with the spectrum of Islamic believers.

The same has occurred with other religions as well. Neither the Bible nor the Quran is a clear enough message to end bitterness and mistreatment of others by believers that in reality love such bitterness and mistreatments of others more than they love G-d (Allah).

Zadok

kejos

I know some about the doctrine. But I also know that Allah has not given peace among the believers of the Quran and the sayings and mission of Muhammad. The Shiite and Sonnies are example of what I speak. I know that modern Islam is more “inspired” to reform others than to reform themselves (believers) and so there will not be peace for any society that deals with the spectrum of Islamic believers.

The same has occurred with other religions as well. Neither the Bible nor the Quran is a clear enough message to end bitterness and mistreatment of others by believers that in reality love such bitterness and mistreatments of others more than they love G-d (Allah).

Zadok
Here endeth the advert for the Book of Mormon.

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
Hello Onkarah, nice to see you back in here :)

The Zakat is payed to poor people, if there arent any ( it happened in the past), it is used for anything that help and improve the situation of citizen ( marrying young people, building service buldings etc)

Usually it is 2.5 percent of the share capital ( is it the right word??) if it wasnt touched for a year , and if it is greater than a certain amount of money.

It does not include only money, it also include cows , camels and similar.

I cant give you more details, as Im not the one who counts the zakat we should pay (my father does :) ) , but if you're interested I'll try to find you a reliable source on the subject Inshallah :)

Best regards

I have a question about zakat. Is it only for Muslims--to receive I mean--or all poor people?

Badran

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I have a question about zakat. Is it only for Muslims--to receive I mean--or all poor people?

When the Quran mentions this, it says poor and needy in general. However, i have heard that supposedly it's primarily for muslims.(not sure where that came from).

However, non-muslims are covered in Sadaqah, which is something like charity.

So, the outcome i come to, is yes, i can give my money to both Muslims and non-muslims. Especially because part of the reason it might have been preferable to give it to muslims, was the idea of groups and tribes. So, it would be more important to fix the Muslims community, because Zakat is considered to be the thing we do to help eliminate poverty.