• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What do you know about Islam?

Zadok

Zadok
Staying on topic.

It was you my friend that suggested the tangent. My initial point was because to me it appears that to those that feel Islam has something to offer to the world - without clarifying that the spectrum of Islam is divided against itself.

My point is that all societies subject to the spectrum of Islam, is also subject to the violence that spectrum initials.

Again it was your response that was completely off topic and never made sense with the thread.

Zadok

What do I know about islam? I know that it's hard to find a single page in the whole darn quran that doesn't reference some horror that will befall the unbelievers. I also know that 'believe or burn' is not a philosophy that I could ever get down with. The rest is irrelevant to me.

kejos

It was you my friend

:D

that suggested the tangent.
That's why you replied to someone else!

But I see what you mean. Too devastatingly successful, eh. Maybe Jews and Mormons were feeling irrelevant? Or maybe Islam was failing in its opposition to Christianity, and other antichrist solutions were brought up to the battle-front?

Now talk about Islam.

Caladan

Agnostic Pantheist
In all fairness, divided as Islam is, it doesn't come close to Christianity, IMO.
However, it is Muslim factions which carry an onsluaght now days against each other and Muslim by standers. further more throughout Islamic history there are many examples of the ruling dynasties acting against one another.

Badran

Veteran Member
Premium Member
It was you my friend that suggested the tangent. My initial point was because to me it appears that to those that feel Islam has something to offer to the world - without clarifying that the spectrum of Islam is divided against itself.

My point is that all societies subject to the spectrum of Islam, is also subject to the violence that spectrum initials.

Again it was your response that was completely off topic and never made sense with the thread.

Zadok

Not sure i understand what exactly you mean by divided, but if you're referring to Muslim sects, it's not that divided. The huge majority of muslims in the world are Sunnis. And the second biggest sect is Shia, which is a very small number compared to Sunnis. Not meaning anything by this, just pointing out the the clear majority are on the same road.

Aquitaine

The 5 Pillars of Islam are:

Witnessing.
Prayer.
Fasting.
Charity.
Pilgrimage.

I think.....

There we go, that's another thing I know about Islam.

kejos

Quite a contrast, isn't it. Christians having to tell everyone about Christ, and having to turn the other cheek for doing so, and Muslims telling people that they don't have to obey Christ, and slaying any who disagree with them.

tumbleweed41

Resident Liberal Hippie
Quite a contrast, isn't it. Christians having to tell everyone about Christ, and having to turn the other cheek for doing so, and Muslims telling people that they don't have to obey Christ, and slaying any who disagree with them.
Rather than going off on another tangent, why don't you explain your rational behind rejecting what is known to all Muslims as the Five Pillars of Islam?