• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What does God want from you?

blü 2

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Have you ever put a puzzle together? Sometimes the proof arrives at the end of the journey. Look at this world around you. Question everything about it. Why are things this way? How does it fit together? Everything must add up perfectly.
No, sometimes it adds up pretty well, sometimes it just is.
Does it reflect High Intelligence.
No. The only intelligence that we know of in the universe is possessed by living creatures on earth, and they didn't do it.
Physical evidence of a Spiritual Being is not going to happen.
Good answer. Exactly the same with Superman.

On the other hand, Actions or the results of actions can be seen. If one acquires a certain level of understanding, one might just get a visit from God.
I asked you before, what real entity do you intend to denote when you say "God"? If you can't tell me what real thing God is, then God remains simply an idea, a thing variously imagined in various brains, along with other imaginary beings.

Remember, you will be dealing with High Intelligence.
You've asserted that, but my remarks on the matter are above.
Without a certain level of understanding. one would just be confused by the experience.
That must start by identifying a real God clearly. It appears you can't do that, in which case it would be fair to say you don't know what you're talking about, no?

Last edited:

F1fan

Veteran Member
Has religion corrupted your mind so that you can see nothing else?
Im not religious.
My want is not about Believing nor getting anyone else to Believe!!!!!!
But you are very much a believer.
Is this so hard for you to conceive? Think outside of the box. So much exists outside.
You are begging others to agree with you because you think you have Truth. You claim to point the direction, but you do no such thing. You claim to have expalined what you think is Truth, but you have been superficial and vague. The problem is clearly in your lap, and you seem oddly oblivious to your flaws. It's almost cartoonish the gap between what you think you do and what you actually do.
How can you say God is not known to exist to one who actually knows God does exist?
Easy, I rely of facts and reason, and thus far I have never seen anyone present credible evidenc that any of the many gods exist outside of human imagination. You are no different. I'm sure you are very confident in what you believe, but you don't seem confident in explaining what you think God is.
When one limits one's view from all the possibilities, one will come up lacking the truth. Why? Truth exists beyond those limits and what one wants to be the truth. Truth will not always be an agreeable thing.
If you read what critical thinkers write you will realize they are very open minded. What they aren't is naive and guilible. It is no surprize critial thinkers reject ideas that lack evidence, regardless how popular they are among the people.
Wisdom is acquired along the struggles to acquire knowledge.
I would say that wisdom requires a substantial knowledge base, but with so many things to learn a wise verson can keep learning all their life. Naive and ignorant people are seldom wise.
Must you have all your knowledge served up so you can choose to believe or not?
If you mean do I learn from exverts who have learned more than I know about subjects? Yes, we all rely on that system if we want to have competency about a subject. And knowledge isn't believed in the way you believe in Bigfoot, knowledge has an inherent credibility and reliability built into it through the ethics of academia.
I have put lots of the pieces in my replies. There is much to Discover. God doesn't show up and tell all so you can believe or not.
You haven't offered one shred of evidence that any God exists. You mentioning a God as if it is celebrity does not prove anything.
Why would you think Great Intelligence would choose this course of action?
Who are you talking about, the cousin of the Great and powerful Oz? Your code speak is irrelevant if you can't be accurate and factual.

F1fan

Veteran Member
I’m very sorry about the loss of your friend, Beattie. It is a big deal. It’s tragic.
Thanks.
I just believe God thinks it’s tragic,
Really, why?

If you were standing on a train platform and saw a child running and was going to fall onto the track as a train was coming, and you could save the kid's life, but you just stood there and let the kid die, would it be sincere when you thought the death was tragic?
also, or Jesus would not have bothered to come to the earth, become human, die on the cross, and rise from the grave to conquer death on our behalf.
Oh yeah, I'm sure Jesus was excited to be tortured and executed for humanity. My point was that human sacrifice is absurd for a God that could make magic happen. The whole story is absurd to believe literally. No Christian doctrine makes any sense literally. If Jesus really died for the sins of mankind I see many Christians pretty unappreciative of the sacrifice. We see many selfish and anti-Christian Christians out there, and they are hypocritical. But let's not ignore that there was existing lore about men being sacrificed before Jesus, so it is most likely that is a Jesus really existed the myth was old, recycled lore. Maybe Christians acknowledge this and don't take dotrine seriously, so use Christianity as window dressing.
I do believe it was a test or an opportunity, but not a set up. I definitely think A&E had the cognitive facilities to deal with the temptation.
Why, the Bible doesn't say they did. They were described as simple people without knowledge of good and evil, which covers most everything.

And if God made them with the cognitive faculties to resist temptation, why test them? God would know they could resist, right? God knows all, right? So the only reason to tempt them was because God knew they would faill, and then blame them. It was a set up.
I’m not making it up . Clearly, the account shows they were created adults.
So, there are stupid adults even today. The average IQ is 100, so there are a lot of people on the lower end of the bell curve.
As well, God gave them dominion and stewardship over the earth. Adam named all the animals. They spent time every day with God, undoubtedly as He shared His love, thoughts, and wisdom. I don’t assume they were naive and they didn’t have “rules”, just one very clear rule.
Totally irrelevant to them being set up.
So I already know you think God is a monster.
If what you claim is God because you interpret the Bible a certain, literalist way, yes, that God of yours is a monster. Of course you disagree as any child of an abusive and volatile parent would be. You're like Trump supporters who won't admit the indictments are based on evidence.
But can you think of any possible, valid reason why a loving Creator, a good God would allow the serpent to tempt the beings He created?
Not with the details in the Bible, and what resulted from their failing the test. The consequences were vastly worse than the rule violation.
Is there any possibility that there could be a legitimate reason or purpose?
Not according to reading the Bible. That's what we are using. You can't make up details that aren't in the text because that is cheating.

loverofhumanity

We are all the leaves of one tree
Premium Member
OK. God creates the universe and God creates you. What does God want from you?

If you are an atheist, speculate. If God really exists and creates the universe and God creates you. What does God want from you?

Before you just give a quick answer, consider a Being capable of creating the universe and you has to be very very smart. Consider High Intellect with your answers. Make God's answer High Intellect.
This is what God wants most.

He Who is your Lord, the All-Merciful, cherisheth in His heart the desire of beholding the entire human race as one soul and one body. (Baha’u’llah)

Sgt. Pepper

All you need is love.
If I routinely saw kids being sexually assaulted, I would consistently intervene to stop it. God wouldn't. Therefore, my moral standards are higher than God's standards.

My having a higher standard than God is not much of a brag.

I believe that if you are willing to assist others who are in need or whose lives are in danger, your moral standards are exceedingly higher than those of the biblical God. Moreover, I believe that any person who is genuinely empathic and compassionate toward others has moral standards far superior to those of the biblical God as well. As I've previously stated, I don't believe that anyone should derive their personal understanding of morality from the Bible.

Reactions: ppp

InChrist

Free4ever
If we don't have to do anything to gain eternal life, why did Jesus say this?

Matthew 25:45-46 Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me. And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.​
I definitely think after trusting in Christ as Savior and receiving the gift of eternal life, a believer’s life should demonstrate good works, service to others, and obedience to God. But I think the scriptures are clear salvation and eternal is a gift to be received. That scripture in Matthew I believe applies to religious people or Christians in name only who simply use the name of Christ for their own gain or profit, but have never really submitted their lives to Christ and didn’t actually know Him personally, neither do they truly care about others.
According to the scriptures, Jesus said that He finished His work on earth and He was no more in the world

John 14:19 Yet a little while, and the world seeth me no more; but ye see me: because I live, ye shall live also.​
John 17:4 I have glorified thee on the earth: I have finished the work which thou gavest me to do.​
John 17:11 And now I am no more in the world, but these are in the world, and I come to thee. Holy Father, keep through thine own name those whom thou hast given me, that they may be one, as we are.​

So how can Jesus reign upon earth?

Yes, Jesus finished His redemptive work of going the cross to pay for the sins of the world when He came the first time in human flesh. Yet, there are scriptures which indicate that Jesus Christ will return again in glory and power to rule the earth for 1000 years from Jerusalem…

For the Son of Man is going to come with his angels in the glory of his Father, and then he will repay each person according to what he has done. Matthew 16:27

For as the lightning comes from the east and shines as far as the west, so will be the coming of the Son of Man. Matthew 24:27

Then the sign of the Son of Man will appear in heaven, and then all the tribes of the earth will mourn, and they will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of heaven with power and great glory. Matthew 24:30

Therefore you also must be ready, for the Son of Man is coming at an hour you do not expect. Matthew 24:44

You also must be ready, for the Son of Man is coming at an hour you do not expect.”
Luke 12:40

Waiting for our blessed hope, the appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior Jesus Christ, Titus 2:13

So Christ, having been offered once to bear the sins of many, will appear a second time, not to deal with sin but to save those who are eagerly waiting for him. Hebrews 9:28

Behold, he is coming with the clouds, and every eye will see him, even those who pierced him, and all tribes of the earth will wail on account of him. Even so. Amen.
Revelation 1:7

Behold, I am coming soon, bringing my recompense with me, to repay each one for what he has done. Revelation 22:12

When the Son of Man comes in His glory, and all the holy angels with Him, then He will sit on the throne of His glory. 32 All the nations will be gathered before Him, and He will separate them one from another, as a shepherd divides his sheep from the goats. Matthew 25:31-32

Now I saw heaven opened, and behold, a white horse. And He who sat on him wascalled Faithful and True, and in righteousness He judges and makes war. 12 His eyes were like a flame of fire, and on His head were many crowns. He had a name written that no one knew except Himself. 13 He was clothed with a robe dipped in blood, and His name is called The Word of God. 14 And the armies in heaven, clothed in fine linen, white and clean, followed Him on white horses. 15 Now out of His mouth goes a sharp sword, that with it He should strike the nations. And He Himself will rule them with a rod of iron. He Himself treads the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God. Revelation 19:11-15

Last edited:

Bird123

OK, I'll tell you what, since you are such an expert on God, give us three examples of actions done by God. Then give us three explanations why God dedided those actions, and how you know what God thinks.
1.Knowledge isn't just given. Why not? Wisdom is acquired on the journey to Discovered knowledge.
2. This world is set up so that brains wins. So what would be the goal? Increasing children's intelligence.
3. Interaction is also a key component. What happens when one refuses interaction. One gets lonely. Further gender also guarantees interaction.

I can pick an item out of a hat but remember there are multiple connections around any single thing.
There are a million actions of God. Why is there death? Why does God not pop in so believing is easy? Why is there sickness? Why does God allow people to hurt?Why? Why? Why ? This is God's world. The entire universe and worlds are actions of God. There are reasons behind everything.

Hmmm? How can what I see be High Intelligence? How does it all fit together? Why am I here? What is the purpose? Don't you see? One who really seeks will have an almost unlimited number of questions.

Don't believe in God? It doesn't matter. Put all the pieces together toward the understanding of High Intelligence and it will lead to God. Why? It's all God's actions. It all leads to the understanding of God.

That's what I see. It's very clear!!

Bird123

You mean you were a Christian as a child, and when you became an adult you realized that Christianity did not add up. Fortunately for me, I was not raised in any religion so I never got exposed to Christianity. When I became an adult, I Discovered the Baha'i Faith and from that time on I never considered joining any other religions, although I could see that there was Truth in some of them.

You were open to all possibilities as long as those were not religions.

God's Actions cannot be Known so God's Actions cannot be Seen. What you see in this world are the result of human actions.
That is why nobody can understand God by looking around. God can only be understood by revelations through God's Messengers.

Nobody gets a "visit" from God, not even the Messengers. They only hear God speak through the Holy Spirit. The essence of God remains a complete mystery, only His Attributes and His Will are revealed to the Messengers in every age.

I will discount it because "nobody" ever interacts with God, not even the Messengers of God.

God is working on His own high level, and NOBODY know what God is "doing" at any time. It is ALL over your head and everyone else's head!

Nobody is "around God." God is not here on earth. God remains in His own high place, on His Throne of Glory.

You only 'believe' that God pointed things out to you, and that is how I know that everything you say is false
The Only Way anyone can Ever Know anything about what God values is through God's Messengers.

That part is true. God places knowledge and truth around us all whenever He sends a Messenger and that knowledge and truth waits to be Discovered.

God's Chosen ones are on a higher level that any ordinary human. All men, be they good or evil are not equal in the sight of God.

No, we are not all Messengers of God. God appoints His Messengers. We can only be messengers for the Messengers.
No, God will never intimidate, manipulate or coerce our free choices.

God reveals knowledge through His Messengers. It is free for the taking.

If a Messenger of God says he speaks for God, He knows what God reveals to Him, the message, and teachings and laws, but He does not know God.

What you 'believe' is knowledge and truth.

No religion understands God, and you understand God?

Religions are revealed by God through Messengers of God and all of them are written my mankind, except one.
The Baha'i scriptures were written by Messengers of God, the Bab and Baha'u'llah.

I cannot disagree with that. As I told you a long time ago, this life can be viewed as a classroom where we learn the lessons we need to learn to prepare ourselves for the next life. Learning those lessons is the purpose of this physical reality.

Why do spiritual beings--human souls--begin their lives in the physical world? According to well-known Baha'i author, scholar, and educator John Hatcher, the world is a classroom designed by God to instigate and nurture mental and spiritual growth. The Purpose of Physical Reality examines the components of this classroom to show how everyday experience leads to spiritual insight. Viewing life in this way, we can learn to appreciate the overall justice of God's plan and the subtle interplay between human free will and divine assistance in unleashing human potential. The idea of physical reality as a divine teaching device not only prepares us for further progress in the life beyond, it also provides practical advice about how to attain spiritual and intellectual understanding while we are living on earth.
By making rules saying you can't, you are limiting yourself away from God. If one says one can't, one will find a way to make that happen.

Religion is mankind's attempt to understand God. Religions reflect mankind more than they reflect God. I realize this is hard for many to see since many have been taught from childhood what God should be instead of being allowed to Discover who God is for themselves.

F1fan

Veteran Member
I definitely think after trusting in Christ as Savior and receiving the gift of eternal life, a believer’s life should demonstrate good works, service to others, and obedience to God.
Yet many non-Christians do service to others, and many Christians don't, so why the discrepancy? Obviouslu many don't need Christian docrine in life, and nothing suggests the doctrine is true in reality.
But I think the scriptures are clear salvation and eternal is a gift to be received.
Why? The whole scenario of Jesus being executed so humans can have salvation is absurd. It still hasn't been explained why the guy had to die. God couldn't just make humans saved? Many mean, cruel, and anti-Christian Christians think they are saved, only because they accept the doctrine of Jesus dying for them. Christians have told me that they don't need to do works for salvation, just belief in Jesus. Sounds a bit selfish and exploitive.
That scripture in Matthew I believe applies to religious people or Christians in name only who simply use the name of Christ for their own gain or profit, but have never really submitted their lives to Christ and didn’t actually know Him personally, neither do they truly care about others.
How does a mortal, like yourself, "know" Jesus personally? I don't hear Christians insist they have a close, personal relationshi with Jesus these days, but it used to be quite common. So explain this, how mortals relate to Jesus. What form does Jesus take that you relate to in relity? Or is it imagined?
Yes, Jesus finished His redemptive work of going the cross to pay for the sins of the world when He came the first time in human flesh. Yet, there are scriptures which indicate that Jesus Christ will return again in glory and power to rule the earth for 1000 years from Jerusalem…
Why? It seems God never quite gets anything fixed.
For the Son of Man is going to come with his angels in the glory of his Father, and then he will repay each person according to what he has done. Matthew 16:27

For as the lightning comes from the east and shines as far as the west, so will be the coming of the Son of Man. Matthew 24:27

Then the sign of the Son of Man will appear in heaven, and then all the tribes of the earth will mourn, and they will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of heaven with power and great glory. Matthew 24:30

Therefore you also must be ready, for the Son of Man is coming at an hour you do not expect. Matthew 24:44

You also must be ready, for the Son of Man is coming at an hour you do not expect.”

Waiting for our blessed hope, the appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior Jesus Christ, Titus 2:13

So Christ, having been offered once to bear the sins of many, will appear a second time, not to deal with sin but to save those who are eagerly waiting for him. Hebrews 9:28

Behold, he is coming with the clouds, and every eye will see him, even those who pierced him, and all tribes of the earth will wail on account of him. Even so. Amen.

Behold, I am coming soon, bringing my recompense with me, to repay each one for what he has done. Revelation 22:12

When the Son of Man comes in His glory, and all the holy angels with Him, then He will sit on the throne of His glory. 32 All the nations will be gathered before Him, and He will separate them one from another, as a shepherd divides his sheep from the goats. Matthew 25:31-32

Now I saw heaven opened, and behold, a white horse. And He who sat on him wascalled Faithful and True, and in righteousness He judges and makes war. 12 His eyes were like a flame of fire, and on His head were many crowns. He had a name written that no one knew except Himself. 13 He was clothed with a robe dipped in blood, and His name is called The Word of God. 14 And the armies in heaven, clothed in fine linen, white and clean, followed Him on white horses. 15 Now out of His mouth goes a sharp sword, that with it He should strike the nations. And He Himself will rule them with a rod of iron. He Himself treads the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God. Revelation 19:11-15
I don't see how anyone can take anyting in the Gospels literally. I suggest it is a mistake of judgment to do so. I further suggest the Bible stories have more meaning if interpreted symbolically instead of literally. But Christians are taught to interpret it literally despite the lack of reasoning for doing so. The stories are implausible and not very helpful literally, yet that is how most conservative and moderate believers interpret it.

F1fan

Veteran Member
1.Knowledge isn't just given. Why not?
More of your vague claims. None of this suggests any God exists or acts. Academic knowledge is given by teachers and professors. But personal knowledge, like learning the lemons are sour by licking it. You learn the stove can be hot by experience. That's how wisdom is developed, trial and error. And if a person is intelligent and knowledgable they can develop better wisdom than the average person.
Wisdom is acquired on the journey to Discovered knowledge.
You never explained what "Discovered" means, and why you capitalize this. More vague code words that mean something to you, but not to anyone else (because you keep it your secret). You seem to have your own little assumption that you keep hidden.
2. This world is set up so that brains wins.
You have it backwards. Brains evolved because the universe it how it is. So nothing about a God acting in any way.
So what would be the goal? Increasing children's intelligence.
What are you asking? Goal of what? Evolution follows how humans behave in the environments they create, for better or worse.
3. Interaction is also a key component. What happens when one refuses interaction. One gets lonely. Further gender also guarantees interaction.
Another vague set of statements. What is your point?
I can pick an item out of a hat but remember there are multiple connections around any single thing.
Like a bunch of kids beating a pinata? What are you talking about? Nothing in these three items suggest a God exists and acts.
There are a million actions of God.
I asked you for three examples and you failed. Nothing you offer shows us that a God exists outside of your imagination.
Why is there death? Why does God not pop in so believing is easy? Why is there sickness? Why does God allow people to hurt?Why? Why? Why ?
Notice in all your claimed wisdom and answers you offer nothing. What does answer these questions? A natural world at work that has no moral guidelines. Belief is a God only makes a person confused, becvause they exvect specialt treatment, and we clearly see natural doesn't treat a baby any better than it does worms.
This is God's world. The entire universe and worlds are actions of God. There are reasons behind everything.
You make these claims without evidence, so we throw them out. We can't take you seriously.
Hmmm? How can what I see be High Intelligence? How does it all fit together? Why am I here? What is the purpose? Don't you see?
I see that you ask questions that you can't answer.
One who really seeks will have an almost unlimited number of questions.
One thing about being wise is not asking questions that can't be answered. I learned that many years ago.
Don't believe in God? It doesn't matter. Put all the pieces together toward the understanding of High Intelligence and it will lead to God. Why? It's all God's actions. It all leads to the understanding of God.
If you were correct you would explain it. You claim to have special insights, but your posts suggest you don't. You seem to prefer being lost in a set of questions than working to understand what we humans can know about how things are. My guess is that you "wowed" yourself within your beliefs and thoughts and you think it is profound. This is common among the naive believers.

Sgt. Pepper

All you need is love.
Yet many non-Christians do service to others, and many Christians don't, so why the discrepancy? Obviouslu many don't need Christian docrine in life, and nothing suggests the doctrine is true in reality.

There are also former Christians like myself who diligently sought God for years and dedicated their lives to him through prayer, worship, ministries, and Bible study, only to end up empty-handed, heartbroken, and disillusioned. I never felt peace in my life, as other Christians claimed to feel it in theirs. I didn't feel the presence of God as other Christians claimed to. I felt confused, angry, and hopeless. I played church in the hope that I would start to feel something—anything that indicated to me that God is real and that he cares about me. I didn't feel peace and joy in my life until after I renounced my belief in God and left Christianity. I finally experienced peace and freedom from emotional bondage. I never felt either one during all the years I was a Christian, despite years of sincere prayer, reading and studying the Bible, genuine devotion to serving God, and serving God in church ministries and as an evangelism team leader. I merely went through the motions and played church. I appeared to be a joyful Christian on the outside, but on the inside, I was bereft of hope, joy, and inner peace. I was hurting and suffering, and no one knew about my misery other than my husband. I'm not exaggerating when I say that being a Christian was a nightmare for me (see my post here). I'm truly relieved to be free of it, and I have no desire whatsoever to ever return to it.

Last edited:

Gassim

Maybe, I don't know. I don't really believe in God, but from what I've heard some people say, He was just sitting alone in the dark when He decided to start creating stuff. Maybe He was bored and wanted something to do. He might have found the dinosaurs amusing at some point, but apparently got bored with them. So, then, we came along, and we probably are more entertaining and amusing than the dinosaurs ever were.
Unfortunately atheism does not have the answers of many questions regarding the creation. If so, can you give the answers of the following questions?

Do somethings come from nothing? It is a question based on the 'Big Bang' theory that changed everything. If the universe had a beginning, it would be entirely legitimate to raise the question of who had produced it?

The universe and life, including their complexity Stunning and precision in creation, cannot be returned to chance and randomness and blind chance cannot explain. The DNA structure seems so complicated that it is hard to believe the arrangements for life. How can the universe of unintelligible matter produces objects with intrinsic ends, reproductive capabilities, and coded chemistry?" the accuracy and consistency of all the laws of physics. How did these laws come in as one package?'

Madmogwai

Madmogwai
If I ever meet God I will let you know, until then there is no way of knowing.
I would assume that a God would want what all parents want for their Children.
Happiness, success, prosperity.
I don’t think he would be to interested in what we wear, or eat.

ppp

Unfortunately atheism does not have the answers of many questions regarding the creation.
That isn't unfortunate. Providing answers about the nature of reality is the realm of physics, Atheism is just the state of not accepting any god claims.
Do somethings come from nothing?
Creation Ex Nihilo is a theistic belief. It makes no sense to ask an atheist if he affirms theism. That is a question for your fellow theists. Nothing to do with atheists.

It is a question based on the 'Big Bang' theory that changed everything. If the universe had a beginning, it would be entirely legitimate to raise the question of who had produced it?
That is quite literally an illegitimate question.
  1. Your question is based on a false understanding or a misrepresentation of the Big Bang theory. There is no part of the Big Bang Theory that states or implies that the universe began to exist. The Big Bang Theory begins with the entire mass/energy of the universe already existing in a single point, and proceeds from their.
  2. Your presumption of "who" is irrational. The question, What is(are) the cause(s) of the existence of the mass/energy,fields/forces that comprise the universe, if any.
How can the universe of unintelligible matter produces objects
unintelligible means "unable to be understood". matter is intelligible.
The universe and life, including their complexity Stunning and precision in creation, cannot be returned to chance and randomness and blind chance cannot explain.
Rejected due to a lack of evidence and reasoning
The DNA structure seems so complicated that it is hard to believe the arrangements for life.
You find things that are true, hard to believe. You are in the company of my flat-earther bartender and my first grade teacher who didn't believe it was possible that I could read..
How can the universe of unintelligible matter produces objects with intrinsic ends, reproductive capabilities, and coded chemistry?" the accuracy and consistency of all the laws of physics. How did these laws come in as one package?'
Do you personally understand any of the subjects that you are wrestling? You are quoting creationist pamphlets.

F1fan

Veteran Member
Unfortunately atheism does not have the answers of many questions regarding the creation. If so, can you give the answers of the following questions?

Do somethings come from nothing?
Like "first cause" Gods? I guess so.
It is a question based on the 'Big Bang' theory that changed everything. If the universe had a beginning, it would be entirely legitimate to raise the question of who had produced it?
The Big Bang wasn't a creation event. It was an event that marks a change in the state of existing energy, from a singularity to expanding material, with the four forces acting on material within seconds of the event. What caused the change of state of the singularity? No one knows. It could have been unstable and self-caused the expansion.
The universe and life, including their complexity Stunning and precision in creation,
Why assume a creation?
cannot be returned to chance and randomness and blind chance cannot explain.
Natural, unguided explanations do quite well at explaining why things are the way they are.
The DNA structure seems so complicated that it is hard to believe the arrangements for life.
Kinda like how unlikely it is for someone to win the lottery, but someone still does.
How can the universe of unintelligible matter produces objects with intrinsic ends, reproductive capabilities, and coded chemistry?" the accuracy and consistency of all the laws of physics. How did these laws come in as one package?'
All you have to do is read up on 7th grade science. It covers the basics of science. If you have more questions science has answers. Science also helps adjust bad questions, as you ask some questions that suggest a religion elelment should be part of the answer. If you want real answers you need to ask honest questions.

F1fan

Veteran Member
If I ever meet God I will let you know, until then there is no way of knowing.
I would assume that a God would want what all parents want for their Children.
Happiness, success, prosperity.
When a child develops cancer and the parents don't want their kid to have it, couldn't a God have prevented it? Or eliminate it? It's a God after all, if it's worth its weight in salt it should use its power for good, and for the sake of the innocent, yes?

Reactions: ppp

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
I definitely think after trusting in Christ as Savior and receiving the gift of eternal life, a believer’s life should demonstrate good works, service to others, and obedience to God. But I think the scriptures are clear salvation and eternal is a gift to be received. That scripture in Matthew I believe applies to religious people or Christians in name only who simply use the name of Christ for their own gain or profit, but have never really submitted their lives to Christ and didn’t actually know Him personally, neither do they truly care about others.
How can you know who has submitted their lives to Christ, or if they truly care about others?
All Christians 'say' they know Christ personally, so how do you know that they don't know Christ personally?

There are scriptures which indicate that Christ will return again in glory of the Father, but there are no scriptures that say that Jesus will return to earth.
When Daniel referred to the end times messiah and it does not say that the Son of man will come, it says one like the son of man will come.

Daniel 7:13-14 I saw in the night visions, and, behold, one like the Son of man came with the clouds of heaven, and came to the Ancient of days, and they brought him near before him. And there was given him dominion, and glory, and a kingdom, that all people, nations, and languages, should serve him: his dominion is an everlasting dominion, which shall not pass away, and his kingdom that which shall not be destroyed.​

Three years ago, I started a thread on the Son of man in the clouds.

Who is the Son of man who will come in the clouds of heaven?

Last edited:

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member

Do somethings come from nothing? It is a question based on the 'Big Bang' theory that changed everything. If the universe had a beginning, it would be entirely legitimate to raise the question of who had produced it?

The universe and life, including their complexity Stunning and precision in creation, cannot be returned to chance and randomness and blind chance cannot explain. The DNA structure seems so complicated that it is hard to believe the arrangements for life. How can the universe of unintelligible matter produces objects with intrinsic ends, reproductive capabilities, and coded chemistry?" the accuracy and consistency of all the laws of physics. How did these laws come in as one package?'

The short answer is, I don't know. If we don't know, we don't know. It's a mystery. Of course, that doesn't stop scientists and other curious people to try to find out, and some progress might be made. But at the end of the day, I think it's better to just say "I don't know" than to make stuff up without evidence.