• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What does God want from you?

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
The Baha'i Universal House of Justice collects the funds via the box the local spiritual assemblies place in each and every feast in my view.

It always makes me laugh to hear apologists reach into the up is really down black is really white toolbox.
@Bird123 was not talking about collecting money that has been freely contributed. He was talking about soliciting contributions.
The UHJ collects money that Baha'is have freely chosen to contribute. They do not solicit any contributions.

It always makes me laugh to hear people distort the truth to try to make innocent bystanders believe their anti-Baha'i rhetoric.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
The above is what @Trailblazer said. It makes me laugh to hear anti-Baha'is reach into the up is really down black is really white toolbox.
I originally said: Nobody in the Baha'i Faith administration collects money. (I meant that the Baha'is have no collection box like churches do.)

Later I edited my post to make it clear what I meant so this is what it says now:
Nobody in the Baha'i Faith administration solicits contributions. Any contributions to the Baha'i Faith are strictly voluntary.

danieldemol

Premium Member
The above is what @Trailblazer said. It makes me laugh to hear anti-Baha'is reach into the up is really down black is really white toolbox.
Yeah look at the "last edited" note at the bottom right of the post.

You will find her original saying unedited in the quote of the post you replied to that you never bothered to read in my view.

danieldemol

Premium Member
It always makes me laugh to hear people distort the truth to try to make innocent bystanders believe their anti-Baha'i rhetoric.
ROFL, you edited your post after the fact then claim im distorting when I did nothing of the sort in my view. In fact anyone who bothers to read your claim as quoted in my post will find it to be demonstrably false, no distortion made or required.

Truthseeker

Non-debating member when I can help myself
Yeah look at the "last edited" note at the bottom right of the post.

You will find her original saying unedited in the quote of the post you replied to that you never bothered to read in my view.
Sorry, I knew nothing about that. @Trailblazer corrected me on my mistake, and I think you'll find I deleted my post after she notified me.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
ROFL, you edited your post after the fact then claim im distorting when I did nothing of the sort in my view. In fact anyone who bothers to read your claim as quoted in my post will find it to be demonstrably false, no distortion made or required.
I edited it to make it clear what I originally meant, as I explained to @Truthseeker.

I originally said: Nobody in the Baha'i Faith administration collects money. (I meant that the Baha'is have no collection box like churches do.)

Later I edited my post to make it clear what I meant so this is what it says now:
Nobody in the Baha'i Faith administration solicits contributions. Any contributions to the Baha'i Faith are strictly voluntary. #1,662

Truthseeker

I know she is a truthful from over 10 years of her posting to me. Her edited version is clarifying what she meant. Besides, I know for a fact that her edited version is the truth of the matter.

danieldemol

Premium Member
Here is @Bird123 quote that @Trailblazer responded to again;
What did you say? The baha FAITH? The title alone states that is nothing but a bunch of beliefs. Faith-Beliefs. So what you are telling me is that baha has never collected any money? So are you telling me the baha never seeks out followers or tells their people to spread their beliefs to gain followers? Baha doesn't value beliefs and faith above all else??? You can put lipstick on a pig, but it's still a pig.
I see nothing about soliciting here

danieldemol

Premium Member
I know she is a truthful from over 10 years of her posting to me. Her edited version is clarifying what she meant. Besides, I know for a fact that her edited version is the truth of the matter.
She only edited her post after she was challenged on it, but you are welcome to keep your opinion of her.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
@Trailblazer said: Nobody in the Baha'i Faith administration collects money. Any contributions to the Baha'i Faith are strictly voluntary.

@danieldemol quoted me out of context:
@Trailblazer said: Nobody in the Baha'i Faith administration collects money.

@danieldemol said:
"The Baha'i Universal House of Justice collects the funds via the box the local spiritual assemblies place in each and every feast in my view."

That is called obfuscation.

He conveniently left out the part of my post that said that any contributions to the Baha'i Faith are strictly voluntary.
Maybe he was hoping readers would think that Baha'is have a collection box like churches do. Baha'is have no collection boxes.

Last edited:

danieldemol

Premium Member
@Trailblazer said: Nobody in the Baha'i Faith administration collects money. Any contributions to the Baha'i Faith are strictly voluntary.

@danieldemol said: "The Baha'i Universal House of Justice collects the funds via the box the local spiritual assemblies place in each and every feast in my view."

He conveniently left out the part of my post that said that any contributions to the Baha'i Faith are strictly voluntary.
Maybe he was hoping readers would think that Baha'is have a collection box like churches do. Baha'is have no collection boxes.
For one we can't check that now you have edited your post, for two this statement;
"Nobody in the Baha'i Faith administration collects money. Any contributions to the Baha'i Faith are strictly voluntary."
Is self contradictory-the second sentence contradicts the first.

There is no obfuscation as even in context the first sentence is demonstrably false.

Truthseeker

@danieldemol said:
"The Baha'i Universal House of Justice collects the funds via the box the local spiritual assemblies place in each and every feast in my view."

I'm confused about this post. It is not clear to me. I hope he is not riling you up too much.

danieldemol

Premium Member
Give it up for lost. Your smear campaign against the Baha'i Faith is obvious to any just person. What do you get out of this?
I can say one thing for @Bird123. He is sincere and honest and he is not on a smear campaign.
I too applaud @Bird123 for his sincerity and honesty, but quoting a demonstrably false statement then demonstrating why it is false is not "smear" in my view it is honesty and I would suggest calling such honesty "smear" is nothing more than ad-hominem

Truthseeker

For one we can't check that now you have edited your post, for two this statement;
"Nobody in the Baha'i Faith administration collects money. Any contributions to the Baha'i Faith are strictly voluntary."
Is self contradictory-the second sentence contradicts the first.

There is no obfuscation as even in context the first sentence is demonstrably false.
Who cares? The second sentence is true. It is not about whether the first sentence contradicts the second. Was her sentence structure right or not is not an important question here.

danieldemol

Premium Member
What is at issue is does the Baha'i faith solicit funds, and the answer is clearly no. It makes no difference what she said originally.
In my view if you bother to read what she quoted from @Bird123 it was not the issue that was asked about, Bird123 states, ' So what you are telling me is that baha has never collected any money?' NOT 'did Baha solicit funds'

So in my view if you are concerned with the truth you will admit that she answered that question in the negative and was therefore wrong.

But up to you if you consider that the truth makes no difference.