• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What If Everyone Is "Right"?

madhatter85

Transhumanist
I don't think it needs an "opposite," per se, but it does need a contrast. Everything exists as what it is, but also as what it is not --it is not everything else. That is to say everything exists in contrast to the things surrounding it, from which it is distinguished (by us) as "what it is." Including "rightness."

Yes. Potentially infinite degrees.

wrong, there are varying degrees of interpitation as to "right" and "wrong" but the fact is that there is only one dgeree that is "right" and one degree that is "wrong"

madhatter85

Transhumanist
Who?

I don't know what justice is either. If we have an innate need to do something, it only shows that we have those needs. It doesn't make it right or that everyone has those feelings.

Justice is the law of opposition, for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction. that is Jsutice, nomatter what force there is there is an equal and opposite force.

doppelganger

Through the Looking Glass
not everyone can be right because the actual perspective of what is right and what is wrong is based on multiple interpitations of what is right and wrong, hence why everyone "thinks" they are "right". and everythign "else" is "wrong" because of thier own interpitations.

In the absence of a criteria for deciding what is "wrong" from "right" sure they can all be right. What is "right" other than deciding I'm right? What criteria is there for me to use to distinguish "right"? And how shall I know that it is the "right" criteria to use?

doppelganger

Through the Looking Glass
it is your choice to define what you think is "right" and "wrong" but the fact remains that there is only one truth, one set unmovable distiction between the two.

Unless, according to your first sentence, she decides that your second sentence is not "right." :D

madhatter85

Transhumanist
doppelgänger;926357 said:
In the absence of a criteria for deciding what is "wrong" from "right" sure they can all be right. What is "right" other than deciding I'm right? What criteria is there for me to use to distinguish "right"? And how shall I know that it is the "right" criteria to use?

your "criteria" is your own decision absed on your own ideas about how you classify "right" and "wrong" but that doesn't at all disprove that your "criteria" or "interpitation" of what is truely right and wrong, is false

madhatter85

Transhumanist
doppelgänger;926363 said:
Unless, according to your first sentence, she decides that your second sentence is not "right." :D

that would be her interpitation, but is not provable as the correct "right" it is onyl her assumption based on her perspective.

madhatter85

Transhumanist
to define false and correct properly you would have to take them at face value, you could not choose to "interpet" them or to have your own perspective on it. you would have to completely accept it at face value, but unfortunately people don't want to do that for this reason or that reason. People always distort the truth and define thier own truth to make themselves feel better about whatever theya re doing, hence creating all those "varying degrees" of "truth" when in fact none of them are true hence theya re all false, only one truth remains.