• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What If Everyone Is "Right"?

UnTheist

the "truth" to you, would be your interpitation of what is correct.
I don't hold beliefs on morality.

"it is your choice to define what you think is "right" and "wrong" but the fact remains that there is only one truth, one set unmovable distiction between the two."

Now, what is this "only one truth" you speak of?

Willamena

Just me
Premium Member
to define false and correct properly you would have to take them at face value, you could not choose to "interpet" them or to have your own perspective on it. you would have to completely accept it at face value, but unfortunately people don't want to do that for this reason or that reason. People always distort the truth and define thier own truth to make themselves feel better about whatever theya re doing, hence creating all those "varying degrees" of "truth" when in fact none of them are true hence theya re all false, only one truth remains.
How can we fail to have an interpretation on anything? Everything is my interpretation of it, to me. What is "face value" when all that I know is my interpretation of things?

madhatter85

Transhumanist
I don't hold beliefs on morality.

"it is your choice to define what you think is "right" and "wrong" but the fact remains that there is only one truth, one set unmovable distiction between the two."

Now, what is this "only one truth" you speak of?

I could tell you but you would never believe me. You must find out the truth for yourself.

madhatter85

Transhumanist
How can we fail to have an interpretation on anything? Everything is my interpretation of it, to me. What is "face value" when all that I know is my interpretation of things?

no, because you look at something and you define it unto yourself. but the fact is that it exists, and it IS. And that is the Truth, that something IS, all interpitations are false because they are untrue.

"Facts" are provable opinions.

Willamena

Just me
Premium Member
no, because you look at something and you define it unto yourself. but the fact is that it exists, and it IS. And that is the Truth, that something IS, all interpitations are false because they are untrue.
Don't I also define to myself what "it is"?

madhatter85

Transhumanist
Of course I wouldn't.

I don't intend to look for anything.

However, many other people believe to have Absolute Truths that are radically different than yours. It's funny when I listen to a Christian and a Muslim yelling at each other over which Book is the inerrant one/Word of God.

if you don't intend on looking for anything why should i let you know?