• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What If Your Country Becomes Islamic

Muffled

Jesus in me
Somehow your government declares islam as your new national religion.You are expected to comply with rules like:

-All kinds of alcohol use is forbidden

-Premarital sex is forbidden

-Women should cover themselves from head to toe

-You cannot talk about and practice anthing not compatible with islam such as athesim , evolution
I believe if it were good Islam instead of bad Islam I wouldn't have a problem.

In good Islam it would be recognized that religious laws of Islam could not be imposed on people with a different belief. In bad Islam it is convert or die or follow the rules of Isalm or be punished.

I don't drink alcohol much so I wouldn't miss it.

I have faithfully been married for 45 years.

As a Christian it is necessary for me to talk about the Good News and no evil would prevent me from doing so.

Muffled

Jesus in me
Gee, I would kill my self!

Wait, my country is already Islamic... okay I take that back, I wouldn't kill myself :D

On the serious side tho, I happen to be glad alcohol is forbidden here. Nothing special, just my thought. And another serious note, I'm really sad that my country applies Islam the wrong way in so many things :(. Women should not be forced to cover up all black by the law or not allowed to drive with religious excuses.
I don't remeber seeing any dress requirement in the Qu'ran. I tend to think it is either one of those unreliable Hadiths or simply something of ancient custom. Christianity does require modest dress which basicly means not having the boobs popping out al over the place or the dress riding up the ying yang.

Muffled

Jesus in me
It's not only your country , it's in every islamic country.I mean women covering in black , sit at home for all their life.
Women, ugh what are they good for? Having babies ugh, that's what they are good for. A parody of the song "War."

Smart_Guy

Premium Member
I don't remeber seeing any dress requirement in the Qu'ran. I tend to think it is either one of those unreliable Hadiths or simply something of ancient custom. Christianity does require modest dress which basicly means not having the boobs popping out al over the place or the dress riding up the ying yang.

Actually, verse 59 chapter 33 is the one that people refer to for the dress code for women. It says that God says to the Prophet to tell his wives, his daughters and the women of the believers (didn't say of the Muslims specifically) to cover their faces to help in preventing getting approached and harmed. The tone here (and in the Arabic text) to my understanding is not that strict but rather some kind of advise to protect from harm, and not following it is not punishable nor, as far as I know, is even talked about elsewhere in the Quran. It seems to me more like being generally modest.

Maybe also other parts of the dress teachings in Islam were taken from Christianity. Islam does follow some teachings directly from Christianity and Judaism.

Well generally speaking, as long as at least something does not inflict harm to others, I believe it is not fair to enforce it on people.

Watching "you know what" does not harm people. Why is it blocked here in Saudi Arabia? :(

Last edited:

DawudTalut

Peace be upon you.
Women, ugh what are they good for? Having babies ugh, that's what they are good for. A parody of the song "War."
Without saying woman of which religion or culture, she is our mother and sister, wife and daughter, she deserves respect.

Muffled

Jesus in me
They also clean house & make sammiches.
Not mine because she is not well and well past the age of childbearing and not interested in the activity that conceives children. As Sarah said "shall I know pleasure in my old age? I love her anyway and hope God will allow me to have her a while longer.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Not mine because she is not well and well past the age of childbearing and not interested in the activity that conceives children. As Sarah said "shall I know pleasure in my old age? I love her anyway and hope God will allow me to have her a while longer.
May her good health return.

Muffled

Jesus in me
Actually, verse 59 chapter 33 is the one that people refer to for the dress code for women. It says that God says to the Prophet to tell his wives, his daughters and the women of the believers (didn't say of the Muslims specifically) to cover their faces to help in preventing getting approached and harmed. The tone here (and in the Arabic text) to my understanding is not that strict but rather some kind of advise to protect from harm, and not following it is not punishable nor, as far as I know, is even talked about elsewhere in the Quran. It seems to me more like being generally modest.

Maybe also other parts of the dress teachings in Islam were taken from Christianity. Islam does follow some teachings directly from Christianity and Judaism.

Well generally speaking, as long as at least something does not inflict harm to others, I believe it is not fair to enforce it on people.

Watching "you know what" does not harm people. Why is it blocked here in Saudi Arabia? :(

My version says put on outer garments. That could mean don't go out in your underwear to a westerner. I could imagine a woman in her underwear being threatened by molesters.

Muffled

Jesus in me
Without saying woman of which religion or culture, she is our mother and sister, wife and daughter, she deserves respect.
If a woman wants to dress from head to toe I respect her for it but if a woman wants togout on a street corner in her underwear and wave at passing motorists I am not likely to respect her.

Smart_Guy

Premium Member
My version says put on outer garments. That could mean don't go out in your underwear to a westerner. I could imagine a woman in her underwear being threatened by molesters.

Yes, you're right. That verse says to bring down over themselves part of their outer garment. At first "bringing down" sounded like doing it over the face since only what is up goes down. I guess being up is gradual and not specifically on the head, so I guess I was wrong. My bad. I guess it is a general modesty dress code for women that some Muslims these days take is extremely over board and include all body parts in it and in black.

I guess this leaves borrowing teachings from Christianity and Judaism. I see mother Marry presented with a head scarf and nuns wear similarly so as well. Maybe that is a teaching in Christianity that Islam adopted?

Sha'irullah

رسول الآلهة
I would probably form a terrorist organization to fight against terrorism and then teach my comrades about the 1 true lack of god and begin a suicide bombing quest that will not end till secularization is back.
I would go boom for Evolution! Evolution'u Akbar!

Jumi

Death for apostates is simply a well established aspect of the faith, as I have discovered in conversation with many Imams and scholars - Islam has many entrances but no exists - when you join it you cannot leave.
This is one of the reasons why I find forced conversions intolerable. And if you are born into a Muslim family and stop believing, what is your fate then?

Bunyip

pro scapegoat
In the course of justifying the claim that Americastan is no different, you've pointed out the evil of some deeds. Moral judgement is required to decide what's evil. Example: You deemed Philippine war crimes as evil, so you included them in your examples. But you didn't include things typically not considered evil, eg, creating the national park system, the Hubble telescope, the National Bacon Museum.

Well sure, just as we did not include all of the good things the Germans, the Japanese and the Aussies did - again, I do not see your point. I am not claiming moral superiority for ANY of the players - you were.
Note to normal people: We both know we're arguing over a ridiculously insignificant matter, but we just can't stop ourselves....he because he can't admit he's wrong, & I because I'm a jerk.
Well you're half right there. ;)

(and yes dear members, we are just barking at each other in a friendly fashion. I have been secretly in love with Revoltingness for quite some time.)

DawudTalut

Peace be upon you.
This is one of the reasons why I find forced conversions intolerable. And if you are born into a Muslim family and stop believing, what is your fate then?

Peace be on you.
There was a quotation problem in # 315, which I have rectified, so please re-read 315 now....What you have quoted were not my words, they were of Chev Chelios.

Sorry for inconvenience. please make note. Thanks

DawudTalut

Peace be upon you.
If a woman wants to dress from head to toe I respect her for it but if a woman wants togout on a street corner in her underwear and wave at passing motorists I am not likely to respect her.
True, but who brought her into this state; herself, relatives, circumstances, system, society or what? i believe no woman or man want be like this.