• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What is God's definition of sin?

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
change the world. move a rock.

Seems as if according to 1st Cor 10v4 that a spiritual rock changed the world, and that spiritual rock was Christ. Since Paul did not mean a literal rock or rock-mass, then we too can inform the world that Jesus as this Rock will through divine intervention separate people one from another placing the upright or righteous at his right hand of favor, so to speak, [Matt 25vs31,32] favoring them with the prospect of everlasting life on earth starting with Jesus peaceful 1000-year rule over earth when Jesus [as Prince of Peace] ushers in Peace on earth toward men of goodwill.

Walkntune

Anything outside of God is sin. God is love. When man is leaning on his own strength he is in sin. When man is leaning on God in faith it will be accounted to him for righteousness!

sandy whitelinger

Veteran Member
Anything outside of God is sin. God is love. When man is leaning on his own strength he is in sin. When man is leaning on God in faith it will be accounted to him for righteousness!
Messy, hasn't this been my point all along. See if you can follow this.

God is love.

Outside of God is sin.

Now replace God with the word love and, "viola" (that's French for, "Get it?") .

McBell

Admiral Obvious
Messy, hasn't this been my point all along. See if you can follow this.

God is love.

Outside of God is sin.

Now replace God with the word love and, "viola" (that's French for, "Get it?") .
What the hell does this have to do with your verses not even implying what you claim it says?

Oh yeah...
Absolutely nothing.
Nice attempt at diversion.
Did not work though.

Luminakisharblaze

Doyamo Luminachi
You know sin is all in the mind of the sinner anyway. There are some of us who do love unconditionally and live that way since birth. We do not pretend to understand some of your ways, but we still love all people for the fact that it is diversity that makes this world. To tremble in the fear of doing something against your god is to view your god as mean, spiteful and controlling. Divinity is love, nothing else. There is no damnation for so called crimes against God because love does not punish or judge. Those are qualities instituted by narrow minded men to control others. If you really believe that the bible has never been tainted to serve the purposes of greed, you are ignorant. Love is love and nothing more. I do not see why you complicate things.

Walkntune

You know sin is all in the mind of the sinner anyway. There are some of us who do love unconditionally and live that way since birth. We do not pretend to understand some of your ways, but we still love all people for the fact that it is diversity that makes this world. To tremble in the fear of doing something against your god is to view your god as mean, spiteful and controlling. Divinity is love, nothing else. There is no damnation for so called crimes against God because love does not punish or judge. Those are qualities instituted by narrow minded men to control others. If you really believe that the bible has never been tainted to serve the purposes of greed, you are ignorant. Love is love and nothing more. I do not see why you complicate things.
Greed is the condition of the human heart and has nothing to do with the Bible.
Man has used all religions and sciences in the name of greed!

Luminakisharblaze

Doyamo Luminachi
I have always had a problem with the metaphor of man looking in the mirror and seeing his own reflection, are you not seeing things backwards then.

Luminakisharblaze

Doyamo Luminachi
But is a mirror not just a reflection off of a shiny surface? So how can you see any deeper than that which is reflecting? Even if you look into water, once you penetrate the surface, you no longer see yourself or the reflection, but that which dwells beneath. And it is never what is shown on the surface and it is then distorted by the ripples.