• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What is Hell?

Zadok

Zadok
After reading much written in this thread I have come to believe that Hell is being in that place with those that think they are in heaven (or whatever they want to call it) believing they did nothing to deserve it.

Zadok

Ben Masada

I have asked myself this question many times.
What I used to think of Hell is a place of evil, a lack of love. A place where bad people go who are tortured for the rest of their lives.
After reading a few articles online and peoples point of view on Hell, I have mixed messages.
1) Is that Hell is not a place, it's when you live a bad life sinning, without remorse etc and then dieing as an atheist person believes.
2) Hell has been created after Heaven for a place for people who lived a life of sinning etc, except it's just a place without God, it didn't really describe Hell as a negative place.

It's hard to explain what I've read.

What is Hell really?

Calm down and waste no time with this non-sense. There is no such a thing as Hell. Hell is what we make for us and others here on earth. As a place to go to, it is only a fabrication by religious crooks who make a living out of the naive ones of this world.
Ben

Thief

Rogue Theologian
Calm down and waste no time with this non-sense. There is no such a thing as Hell. Hell is what we make for us and others here on earth. As a place to go to, it is only a fabrication by religious crooks who make a living out of the naive ones of this world.
Ben

This would be a lack of faith about an after life?

No afterlife...no hell.

Is that what you mean?

Ben Masada

This would be a lack of faith about an after life?

No afterlife...no hell.

Is that what you mean?

The only logical afterlife is the one depicted by the Scriptures in Ecclesiastes 9:5,6; 12:7, when our bodies return to the earth as it was, and the breath of life returns to God Who gave it. No Hell, neither Heavens or anything else.
Ben

Thief

Rogue Theologian
The only logical afterlife is the one depicted by the Scriptures in Ecclesiastes 9:5,6; 12:7, when our bodies return to the earth as it was, and the breath of life returns to God Who gave it. No Hell, neither Heavens or anything else.
Ben

So...God...a spiritual being... won't share the spiritual life He has?

And if God has no heaven?...where is He?

And if we come back to this world...in the flesh...won't this planet be a bit crowded?

smokydot

After reading much written in this thread I have come to believe that Hell is being in that place with those that think they are in heaven (or whatever they want to call it) believing they did nothing to deserve it.
Zadok
So you don't want to be in heaven if they are there?

Be careful what you wish for. . .

Zadok

Zadok
So you don't want to be in heaven if they are there?

Be careful what you wish for. . .

Just so we are clear between us – the G-d I love, honor, trust and worship would not abandoned a single soul to live without him that when they come to understand the truth of things would with all their being rather be with him – regardless of what ever had happened before.

I realize that many that call themselves Christians – but in their heart really do not love their fellow man but delight to take every opportunity to manifest their distaste and hatred of others. They delight beyond measure in telling good honest people that are truly loving and kind to their fellow man (but because of misinterpretations of ancient scripture and misinformation about G-d have been blinded from the truth) that they will be abandoned by a loving just and merciful G-d (regardless of what or how they plead or beg for mercy – and regardless of how they loved others while they lived) to a state of endless misery and torture. I would rather be in Hell with them than celebrating their misery and torture with those that delight in such things that they go to great lengths to understand sacred scripture to support their hatred of others and worship that kind of a G-d to condone such a thing.

And so I have been told that I worship a “different” Jesus than certain Christians – and I believe it to be true. I believe that anyone that wants to live with G-d in heaven will be joyfully welcomed. And that anyone that desires something different will be lovingly granted the wish of their heart and they will likely think it heaven despising, hating and condemning those that desire something that is both just and compassionate yet different from them.

Zadok

Last edited:

smokydot

Just so we are clear between us – the G-d I love, honor, trust and worship would not abandoned a single soul to live without him that when they come to understand the truth of things would with all their being rather be with him – regardless of what ever had happened before.
I realize that many that call themselves Christians – but in their heart really do not love their fellow man but delight to take every opportunity to manifest their distaste and hatred of others. They delight beyond measure in telling good honest people that are truly loving and kind to their fellow man (but because of misinterpretations of ancient scripture and misinformation about G-d have been blinded from the truth) that they will be abandoned by a loving just and merciful G-d (regardless of what or how they plead or beg for mercy – and regardless of how they loved others while they lived) to a state of endless misery and torture. I would rather be in Hell with them than celebrating their misery and torture with those that delight in such things that they go to great lengths to understand sacred scripture to support their hatred of others and worship that kind of a G-d to condone such a thing.
And so I have been told that I worship a “different” Jesus than certain Christians – and I believe it to be true. I believe that anyone that wants to live with G-d in heaven will be joyfully welcomed. And that anyone that desires something different will be lovingly granted the wish of their heart and they will likely think it heaven despising, hating and condemning those that desire something that is both just and compassionate yet different from them.
Zadok
Is this a religion of your own making, or has God authorized it?

Zadok

Zadok
Is this a religion of your own making, or has God authorized it?

True religion is to act out of love and compassion for others. (See James 1:27) BTW The sacred scripture does not say anything about them having to believe or that we must convert them or we should tell them there are going to hell. Verse 26 of this same chapter says something about a religion that does not teach that it is necessary for a person to bridle their tongue – a form a discipline (as to just believing and having faith being all that is necessary).

So to answer your question – G-d did establish the religion I practice. -- You are wecome to come see for yourself.

Zadok

Last edited:

smokydot

True religion is to act out of love and compassion for others. (See James 1:27) BTW The sacred scripture does not say anything about them having to believe
Your knowledge of the NT is insufficient.
That faith saves is repeated throughout the NT.
or that we must convert them or we should tell them there are going to hell. Verse 26 of this same chapter says something about a religion that does not teach that it is necessary for a person to bridle their tongue – a form a discipline (as to just believing and having faith being all that is necessary).
You do not understand the NT.

So to answer your question – G-d did establish the religion I practice.
So you agree that God must authorize religion.
-- You are wecome to come see for yourself.

Zadok

Zadok
Your knowledge of the NT is insufficient.
That faith saves is repeated throughout the NT.
You do not understand the NT.

First off, you are wrong and it is you that does not understand the NT. It is not faith but the Messiah Jesus Christ that saves through his sacrifice and his grace. Your thinking is wrong because it is out of context because it is based the writings of Paul who taught in the context of the gentiles that were by tradition pagan not to those that had the traditions of the Jews. I am guessing but it appears to me that you know nothing of the epoch of Baal and why Paul addressed good works justified by the scale of Mott and called such good works evil.

As far as G-d and the manner he authorizes religion I do not believe as the Scribes and Pharisees of old, that sought to kill the Messiah, which falsely established their doctrine of lies to justify their false interpretations of scripture by claiming that G-d authorized their religion through traditions and scripture. BTW if you read the gospels carefully (especially John) you will understand that the Scribes and Pharisees claimed, as you do that it was by their faith in G-d and their traditions of Faith that they were saved. On every occasion Jesus specifically rebuked this false doctrine telling the Jews –for example that they must forgive to be forgiven. There is not one scripture in the NT where Jesus taught Jews (Scribes and Pharisees) that their faith in G-d was sufficient.

Zadok

Last edited:

outhouse

Atheistically

LOL :) where does god authorize??, does he have to sign on the dotted line lol or is it the fasting few weeks that cause this authority???

smokydot

First off, you are wrong and it is you that does not understand the NT. It is not faith but the Messiah Jesus Christ that saves through his sacrifice and his grace.
Jesus said, "He who does not believe in me is condemned." (Jn 3:18)
Just what do you think he meant by that?
Here's a novel idea. . .he meant that he who does not believe in him is condemned.
Your thinking is wrong because it is out of context because it is based the writings of Paul who taught in the context of the gentiles that were by tradition pagan not to those that had the traditions of the Jews. I am guessing but it appears to me that you know nothing of the epoch of Baal and why Paul addressed good works justified by the scale of Mott and called such good works evil.
I believe all the NT is the Word of God written.

As far as G-d and the manner he authorizes religion I do not believe as the Scribes and Pharisees of old, that sought to kill the Messiah, which falsely established their doctrine of lies to justify their false interpretations of scripture by claiming that G-d authorized their religion through traditions and scripture. BTW if you read the gospels carefully (especially John) you will understand that the Scribes and Pharisees claimed, as you do that it was by their faith in G-d and their traditions of Faith that they were saved. On every occasion Jesus specifically rebuked this false doctrine telling the Jews –for example that they must forgive to be forgiven. There is not one scripture in the NT where Jesus taught Jews (Scribes and Pharisees) that their faith in G-d was sufficient.
I believe all of the NT, not just the parts of it. . .evidently, you don't.
That's a matter of faith, not proof.
And that's where we will have to leave it.

smokydot

How is this different from delusion?
Well, in this case, the object of faith is the Word of God written.

When that is the object of faith, all that is believed must be measured against the Word of God written.

So although it is a matter of faith that the Word of God written is true and cannot be proven, nevertheless there is a boundary for what is to be believed.

Zadok

Zadok
Jesus said, "He who does not believe in me is condemned." (Jn 3:18)
Just what do you think he meant by that?
Here's a novel idea. . .he meant that he who does not believe in him is condemned.
Wrong again - The King James version offers an interesting insight to scriptures. Because the ancients meant things to be provided in a "complete" structure they wrote scriptures in a format prescribed by G-d. The King James version tries to maintain that structure with the paragraph symbol “¶”. Therefore the question or idea put forth in verse 18 is completed in the following verses to the next ¶.

What does it mean to believe in Christ. First verse 19 and 20 define why Christ is rejected. “ … and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil” “For every one that doeth evil hateth the light.

Verse 21 completes the structure started in verse 18 and explains what G-d wants all to understand is necessary (according to him) to believe in Christ. “But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest”

If you believed the scriptures and believed in G-d you would understand that deeds of truth come before believing in Christ.

I believe all the NT is the Word of God written.
I believe all of the NT, not just the parts of it. . .evidently, you don't.
That's a matter of faith, not proof.
And that's where we will have to leave it.

Spoken like a Pharsee (John 7:49) If Jesus was your master you would do his works - not with your lips and with your mouth but with your deeds and you woulld believe in doing the deeds (commandmensts) of Christ. You would understand that is is better to be more complete (perfect - matt 5:48) in order to know of Christ by keeping his commandments than by claiming to believe in scripture as did the Scribes and Pharsees.

Zadok