• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What is the answer that you have guessed for this ?

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
But in post # 69, you said..

But, what made you to reply on this topic ? regardless of you have a certain degree of inner peace and confidence now ? tell me..

Your replying to the topic proves that you don't have certain inner peace and confidence somewhere very deep in your heart, Indeed. :)

I disagree. I regularly reply to topics where I think I can contribute a different viewpoint to those already offered, or where I think I can offer a viewpoint contrary to any assumptions inherant in the question(s) posed.

Your question presupposed there was a reason for this place to exist, which I don't believe.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Some are happy in this world, and some are unhappy, and those who are happy now, can be unhappy later, the conclusion is, this world is a complicated place to live on, indeed this world can never be a permanently peaceful place to live on, Thus.. what was the benifit behind creating this problematic place, have you ever guessed any answer for this ?

If yes, than what is the answer that you have guessed for this ?
I see no answer.
I just live.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
I know you don't believe, am just saying that this question exists somewhere deep in your heart due to which you replied to the topic.

The question most likely does. I have a lot of questions. I don't hold to the theory that where I have a question, I must also have an answer.

Gjallarhorn

N'yog-Sothep
What makes you think that its a flaw argument of mine, what made you so sure about this ?

That fact that there is no recorded intent in the universe other than sentient action, and since there is no evidence of sentient action in the formation of the universe, there is no reason to ascribe purpose or intent to the universe outside humans and animals.

chinu

chinu
That fact that there is no recorded intent in the universe other than sentient action, and since there is no evidence of sentient action in the formation of the universe, there is no reason to ascribe purpose or intent to the universe outside humans and animals.
But how it is related to OP ?

John Martin

Some are happy in this world, and some are unhappy, and those who are happy now, can be unhappy later, the conclusion is, this world is a complicated place to live on, indeed this world can never be a permanently peaceful place to live on, Thus.. what was the benifit behind creating this problematic place, have you ever guessed any answer for this ?

If yes, than what is the answer that you have guessed for this ?

We need to look at it from two angles, from the angle of God and from the angle of finite human beings.
From the angle of God creation is like a play ground in which God unfolds his or her divine attributes. God actualizes his potentialities of being a creator, preserver, discontinuer, giver of grace, saviour, merciful and forgiving.

From the angle of finite human souls this world is a place where they strive to realize their true nature and unfold their potentialities of love,compassion, sharing, forgiving in human relationships. God is like a tortoise in the infinite ocean which comes to the shore and lays its eggs. When the eggs are hatched the little ones strive to return to the sea.
The tortoise that comes from the sea is our divine self and the little ones that strive to go to the sea is our finite self. Both are the work of the divine: one as infinite and another as finite. This is the divine play, divine dance, divine drama, that continues without end.
It is the infinite God whose reflection is the human soul and in and through this reflection God is having human experiences.

Last edited:

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
OK, now its clear to me. If you have questions, than surely you might be looking for the answers.

To a degree that is true.
But I think 'I don't currently know' is an appropriate answer.

I'll try and make it a bit more understandable. For me, I don't expect humans to know everything. My assumption is that we know very little, in truth. The more progress we make, the larger the 'pie of knowledge' appears to be.

I think people who are driven to have the 'right' answer for things are missing the point. Our knowledge is a work in progress. All we ever have (really) are our best guesses. As we move forwards, I would hope those best guesses become more sophisticated and lead to an increased understanding of the world around us.

But there is no need to try and determine the 'right' answer for anything. Only to work to it.

chinu

chinu
But there is no need to try and determine the 'right' answer for anything. Only to work to it.
Can one work on something which one knows in advance, that it doesn't has any right answer ? Of course, No.

Trust me, I don't want one to determine the right answer for that, i just want one to keep working on it, rather stop working on it. :)

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
Can one work on something which one knows in advance, that it doesn't has any right answer ? Of course, No.

Trust me, I don't want one to determine the right answer for that, i just want one to keep working on it, rather stop working on it. :)

lol...
Not quite what I meant, but it made me laugh.

Let's take for instance the whole 'Is there a God' question, and assume by 'God' we mean an Abrahamaic version. There is a right answer, either yes or no. But my assumption when thinking on this question is that I will never 100% know the answer to this. I will not be able to think my way through it.

Perhaps, one day, I die, go to heaven/hell, and know I was wrong. But I'd no longer be pondering the question at that point, and it wouldn't be my pondering that led me to the answer. So why ponder at all?

My...let's call it best guess...at the answer 'Is there a monotheistic, interventionist God?' has the potential to alter how I behave and think. It is a question which has been answered in various ways by various people, and it effects the way they think.

So whilst none of us 'know' the answer, in a literal sense, what we perceive the answer to be is impactful, and therefore of value in and of itself.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Perhaps, because you tried a lot, but failed to get.
Why you tried ? that the question, Indeed :)
I've never asked the question or pursued an answer.
Isn't just to live enuf? The "why" of it seems irrelevant & unknowable.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
But you just made a mistake subscribing to the thread. Traveller cannot say, am not the traveller after boarding up the train :)

He can jump out the window any time he wants, or get off when it stops any time he wants.