• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What is wrong with Gays

elcazador

the main problem has been distorted from sexual immorality to homosexuality. mainly, this has been due to a huge factor of hypocrisy, spewed from the mouths of biased wankers and those who have committed the sin of pre-marital sex. however, homosexuality stems from and often revolves around inherent sexual immorality. two of the same gender are not a kinship unless they are natural siblings, and so there is no justification for gay marriage. there is one reason for sex and that is procreation, but there are few strong enough to not gather with the unjustified, unending wanderings of the sheep-like. it should be very clear that love is separate from sex, as discernible through the motives behind lust, and at worst, rape.

there is nothing wrong with another person loving another person. there is much wrong with the sexual views of western contemporary society.

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
the main problem has been distorted ... from the mouths of biased wankers
And, of course, you're not biased, which is apparent from your next statement:
homosexuality stems from and often revolves around inherent sexual immorality.
Homosexuality stems from a completely normal sexual preference, according to the DSM.
there is one reason for sex and that is procreation,
That's obviously why 1) God made it so pleasurable, and 2) that pleasure is echoed throughout scripture.
it should be very clear that love is separate from sex, as discernible through the motives behind lust, and at worst, rape.
Rape isn't an act of sex. It's an act of violence.
It really isn't all that clear (except, perhaps, to the hopelessly biased wankers) that love is separate from sex. Love can be separate from sex, but that's a completely different kind of love (agape) than what we're talking about here (eros). In erotic love -- that is, the love that exists between spouses, there is no separation of love and sex.
there is much wrong with the sexual views of western contemporary society.
Not the least of which are the highly-repressed and unhealthy, Puritanical views of American Fundagelicalism.

sojourner

What purpose does it serve other than emotional, or to satisfy lust?
Should it serve any other?
What about hetero couples who are sterile? Shall they stop having sex, because it now only serves emotional stability?:facepalm:

The Rite of Marriage in the Book of Common Prayer (p. 423) states that the union ...in heart, body and mind is intended by God for their mutual joy; for the help and comfort given one another in prosperity and adversity; and when it is God's will, for the procreation of children and their nurture in the knowledge and love of the Lord."

Just as it is God's will for infertile couples to not procreate (but the marriage is still blessed), so it is God's will for homosexual couples to not procreate.

ninerbuff

godless wonder
Just as it is God's will for infertile couples to not procreate (but the marriage is still blessed), so it is God's will for homosexual couples to not procreate.
Good thing that IVF and surrogates exist. ;) That kind of trumps god's will.

elcazador

The Rite of Marriage in the Book of Common Prayer (p. 423) states that the union ...in heart, body and mind is intended by God for their mutual joy; for the help and comfort given one another in prosperity and adversity; and when it is God's will, for the procreation of children and their nurture in the knowledge and love of the Lord."

This is the interpretation of reformists.. I do not believe the interpretations of those who followed el gran antisemita. That is in no way credible as the word of god.

sojourner

This is the interpretation of reformists.. I do not believe the interpretations of those who followed el gran antisemita. That is in no way credible as the word of god.
:sleep: Well, bully for you. You're boring me. Just because you don't believe it, doesn't mean it isn't true. This isn't "the world according to elcazador," you know.

Fact is, whether you agree with it or not, Anglicanism is a well-respected and recognized part of the Christian community, who has as much claim to spiritual discernment as anyone else in that community.

Aside from what you choose to believe or not believe, you're still el gran loco about the nature of homosexuality, about the role of sex, about rape, and about the nature of human love.

elcazador

If you propose the definition of crazy as being one who thinks separate from the majority of their society, then I would happily agree with you.

sojourner

If you propose the definition of crazy as being one who thinks separate from the majority of their society, then I would happily agree with you.
You said that -- I didn't.

I propose that your ideas with regard to homosexuality, rape, sex, etc. are wrong.

I just do not know why God can not be powerful enough to create homosexuals as a natural and loving way towards population control... :D

Relative to Anglicanism.

And many differing sects and churches of Christianity nowadays. Many New Thought Christians have accepted homosexuality as a variation of human species, and Anglicanism is a traditional strain that accepts homosexuality.

Also the Metropolitan Community Church, the United Church (of Canada) are Protestant strains that have accepted homosexual men and women as part of the Christian following, and our local Rainbow Community Church is an LGBT evangelical, born-again Christian church.

elcazador

And many differing sects and churches of Christianity nowadays. Many New Thought Christians have accepted homosexuality as a variation of human species, and Anglicanism is a traditional strain that accepts homosexuality.

Also the Metropolitan Community Church, the United Church (of Canada) are Protestant strains that have accepted homosexual men and women as part of the Christian following, and our local Rainbow Community Church is an LGBT evangelical, born-again Christian church.

I don't understand the logic behind an LGBT only church, as well as the workings. Do you cross out all references to sodomy in the New Testament? Or do you focus on anything that can be construed as straight-hate?

I don't understand the logic behind an LGBT only church, as well as the workings. Do you cross out all references to sodomy in the New Testament? Or do you focus on anything that can be construed as straight-hate?

It's not an LGBT only church, although their members are largely of that calibre.

I went to their church service once.

They see the New Testament references to pagan and idol-worshipping temples where ritual prostitution was the problem, where people would use sexual acts in order to commune with the gods and goddesses.

Their services are highly testimony-based as well, and I remember the main message on accepting Jesus Christ as one's personal lord and saviour, and staying away from drugs, intoxication, and frivolous sex as part of a Christian lifestyle. And as for me as a guest in their Bible-believing church, they prayed over me, anointed me with oil, tried to offer me a Bible, etc.

I appreciate their existence as a church group, because they try to help people out in their lives and turn them into God-loving people. Although yes, they do give out pamphlets with the sinner's prayer at Pride and invite them to their church, it still is a good community trying to focus on living clean and doing humanitarian works in the outer community, such as soup kitchens and fundraisers for charity.

Heck, you can visit their website: http://www.rainbowcommunitychurch.ca/vancouver/

Last edited by a moderator: