• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What is your belief about homosexuality?

Homosexuality is...

• Total voters
The point is that the word demonstrates nothing. Paul did not use the known Greek words used to describe men who have sex with men, much less anal intercourse. Conservatives try to get around this by arguing that he coined the word from the Septuagint, but there are a host of problems with that theory (including that no one would know what he was talking about). Either way, it is not properly translated sodomy.

Well if a man lies with another man, and it says this is an abomination,would that not imply it means sex?

That's true. I only heard Paul use the word "homosexuality" and we don't know which context he meant it or at least I don't. I know it seems to fellow Christians that I am being apathetic, but I see it as choosing one perceived sin overriding all other sins. I use the word "sin" generally, otherwise I feel as though I might be unfairly judging or condemning someone. I mean, people ignore what Jesus said about married men just looking at other women all the time: He'd said that was committing adultery in his heart (a married woman would probably be the same). I see men in Church buildings looking laviciously at certain women on occasion and it bothers me (men don't look at me, personally, though).

And in homosexuality men have sex where? What part of their body? If one claims to be Christian than one must agree with that view pint.Otherwise they are not truly Christian.

nazz

Doubting Thomas
That's true. I only heard Paul use the word "homosexuality" and we don't know which context he meant it or at least I don't. I know it seems to fellow Christians that I am being apathetic, but I see it as choosing one perceived sin overriding all other sins. I use the word "sin" generally, otherwise I feel as though I might be unfairly judging or condemning someone. I mean, people ignore what Jesus said about married men just looking at other women all the time: He'd said that was committing adultery in his heart (a married woman would probably be the same). I see men in Church buildings looking laviciously at certain women on occasion and it bothers me (men don't look at me, personally, though).
People like to focus on other people's sins. Not their own.

The point is that the word demonstrates nothing. Paul did not use the known Greek words used to describe men who have sex with men, much less anal intercourse. Conservatives try to get around this by arguing that he coined the word from the Septuagint, but there are a host of problems with that theory (including that no one would know what he was talking about). Either way, it is not properly translated sodomy.

Yes Sodomy.Anal and oral sex.

ChristineES

Tiggerism
Premium Member
And in homosexuality men have sex where? What part of their body? If one claims to be Christian than one must agree with that view pint.Otherwise they are not truly Christian.
I am not saying it is a sin or not a sin. I choose to remain silent about it here. Besides, answering that question could be too graphic.

I am not saying it is a sin or not a sin. I choose to remain silent about it here. Besides, answering that question could be too graphic.

Lol...To graphic.Got ya.

Ps.If you are a Christian, it is a sin.If one thinks it is not a sin,they are not christian.

ChristineES

Tiggerism
Premium Member
People like to focus on other people's sins. Not their own.
That is probably the biggest trouble in Christianity that I see. Yeshua clearly states that we are supposed to take the log out of our own eye, or, as I see it, worry about our own sin and let our brother (or sister) worry about his own.

Midnight Rain

God was not going to allow that to happen.Lot was just doing what he felt he needed to do and say to protect God's angels.God was already one step ahead.Lot was just showing his loyalty.It did not happen.The angels ended up blinding all those men.
What about all the real gang-rape victims? Why didn't god step in for them? And even if there was a good answer for that Lot still attempted to give up his daughters (not their will but use them as if they were objects) to satisfy a rape mob. That is not moral in any way regardless of god's plan. Lot should have offered up HIMSELF rather than his daughters.

That is probably the biggest trouble in Christianity that I see. Yeshua clearly states that we are supposed to take the log out of our own eye, or, as I see it, worry about our own sin and let our brother (or sister) worry about his own.

One who is a christian can help others see the truth and this comes by showing them what the holy scriptures says about these matters.Point it out to them and help them understand what God's word says.This is love.2 Timothy 3:16 All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness,

Now if one calls themselves a christian and then goes around saying God hates *ags, and that they will burn in hell,well that is just wrong.This is not love.That is pure hate.

That scripture you speak of has to do with going around judging people for their sins when one is a sinner to begin with.

gsa

Well if a man lies with another man, and it says this is an abomination,would that not imply it means sex?

It doesn't say it is an abomination; the KJV is way too liberal with that word. It doesn't even describe it as detestable. The actual phrasing is extremely awkward: V'et zachar lo tishkav mish'k'vei ishah to'evah hee, or "you shall not lie with a male the beddings of a woman." Everything we know about this passage is based on linking it to later developments, because the command only appears twice (Leviticus 18:22 and 20:13), and the idiomatic expression is found nowhere else. We actually have no idea if this expression means what traditionalists claim, partly because it has unique features that do not appear frequently if at all (the use of zachar coupled with ishah, for example, when the corresponding word for ishah is usually ish). We also know that a to'evah is best translated as taboo or boundary violation; it implies no necessary moral judgment.

gsa

.2 Timothy 3:16 All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness,
QUOTE]

Way off topic, but "Paul" is not describing his own writings, or the gospels, or any component of what became the Christian text. That quotation proves absolutely nothing, save the opinion of the author.

What about all the real gang-rape victims? Why didn't god step in for them? And even if there was a good answer for that Lot still attempted to give up his daughters (not their will but use them as if they were objects) to satisfy a rape mob. That is not moral in any way regardless of god's plan. Lot should have offered up HIMSELF rather than his daughters.

If Lot would have given up himself than he would have been condoning sodomy.He offered his daughters who have natural parts for men.Besides God would not have let it happen.The angels took care of it.Just like God did not let Abraham kill Isaac.Abraham knew God would not have let it happen.

gsa

I see nothing but my post

In response to your Timothy citation: Way off topic, but "Paul" is not describing his own writings, or the gospels, or any component of what became the Christian text. That quotation proves absolutely nothing, save the opinion of the author.

ChristineES

Tiggerism
Premium Member
One who is a christian can help others see the truth and this comes by showing them what the holy scriptures says about these matters.Point it out to them and help them understand what God's word says.This is love.2 Timothy 3:16 All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness,

Now if one calls themselves a christian and then goes around saying God hates *ags, and that they will burn in hell,well that is just wrong.This is not love.That is pure hate.

That scripture you speak of has to do with going around judging people for their sins when one is a sinner to begin with.
I am not speaking of telling fellow Christians in private about certain things they may be doing. I am speaking of poiinting at them and saying "You are not a true Christian". The latter is condemning and the former is what is done in love. Learn the difference.

It doesn't say it is an abomination; the KJV is way too liberal with that word. It doesn't even describe it as detestable. The actual phrasing is extremely awkward: V'et zachar lo tishkav mish'k'vei ishah to'evah hee, or "you shall not lie with a male the beddings of a woman." Everything we know about this passage is based on linking it to later developments, because the command only appears twice (Leviticus 18:22 and 20:13), and the idiomatic expression is found nowhere else. We actually have no idea if this expression means what traditionalists claim, partly because it has unique features that do not appear frequently if at all (the use of zachar coupled with ishah, for example, when the corresponding word for ishah is usually ish). We also know that a to'evah is best translated as taboo or boundary violation; it implies no necessary moral judgment.

Yes,it makes it very clear that sex with your own gender is wrong in God's eyes.

Midnight Rain

If Lot would have given up himself than he would have been condoning sodomy.He offered his daughters who have natural parts for men.Besides God would not have let it happen.The angels took care of it.Just like God did not let Abraham kill Isaac.Abraham knew God would not have let it happen.
Then he should have resisted entirely. Rape of a woman is in no way less offensive than rape of a man.
Yes,it makes it very clear that sex with your own gender is wrong in God's eyes.
But offering up your daughters for gang rape is not? Especially if its against the daughter's will?