• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What proof do you have of God?

Thief

Rogue Theologian
Another 'prove God' thread?....quick! everybody....

Get up and run to the mirror...
look yourself in the eye...take your time.....

and call yourself an accident...once more.

1robin

Christian/Baptist
The Qu'ran's evidence were not 'i haz peoples dat come c my miracles', it was actual scientific evidence, only it was claimed to be invented by Muhammad when it wasn't.
Since miracles are the most effective means by which to distinguish the false from the true prophets then this hurts Islam. Also since the bible has just as many or more and far more accurate scientific claims the Quran once again can't compare.

I've already explained how there are endless possibilities that deny those witnesses are actually witnesses.
Just because you invent reasons to dismiss something that is contrary to your worldview does not mean they have merit. If the greatest legal minds in history declare the biblical testimony reliable why would I accept your evaluation. You views seem driven by preference.

Several Muslims have claimed that God came for their tea party's too.
In history.
Several is no comparison to billions. By no standard is the Quran more reliable. For most events it is the commentary of a suspect character hundreds of years after the events and full of mistakes gained directly from gnostic and heretical Hebrew texts.

The world's greatest minds now are agnostic or atheist. Take Newton. He claimed that it was too large a coincidence that the earth was placed suitable for life to exist. That was at a time when the universe was considered the size of the solar system.
Why do you think Newton thought the universe was no bigger than the solar system. Even the Egyptians knew it was bigger.
Had Newton grasped the real size of the universe he would have known better. So it was more logical to believe in a god then than it is now?
Why do you think size makes God more or less probable?

I would argue the Qu'ran has far more from what I've seen, but it is easily debatable, whether that actually originated from the Qu'ran, and whether it is all correct and such. The Bible offers nothing different.
The Quran in no category equalls the bible in textual veracity

Ashir

too many long posts.
I'm going to accept you guys won and stop posting on this forum now, it's taking time i would rather be spending elsewhere for something I didn't want to debate. peace out

Ashir

too many long posts....
I can't be bothered anymore, this stuff is way more time consuming than I thought it would be to argue something i didn't intend to argue. peace out

Curious George

Veteran Member
too many long posts....
I can't be bothered anymore, this stuff is way more time consuming than I thought it would be to argue something i didn't intend to argue. peace out

No worries. Good luck on your path. If you have a little time you can always pop in and out.

jasonwill2

Another 'prove God' thread?....quick! everybody....

Get up and run to the mirror...
look yourself in the eye...take your time.....

and call yourself an accident...once more.

Who says chance means accident? Life is a statistical inevitability given the size of the Universe, hardly an accident; IT IS A GIVEN THAT LIFE WILL EXIST, because the potential for it to exist somewhere and somehow is there, and the size and age of the Universe means that this potential will eventually be reached.

ara3537

im new and young so take it easy on me

if you can prove Gods words you can prove him i Guess

every body believes in something,
if you believe in science then how about these words from The Holy Quran about inception of the universe:

"do not the unbelievers see that the heavens and the earth were joined together (as one unit of creation), before we clove them asunder? we made from water every living thing. will they not then believe?" Chapter 21 : 30

and something more than that, The Big Crunch (fate of the universe):

"on that day, we shall roll up the heaven like a written scroll is rolled. as we originated the first creation, so will we bring it back again. this is a binding promise on us which we shall assuredly fulfill." Chapter 21 : 104

who would know or even think of such things ~1400 years ago, rolling heavens at the end of the universe! of course you're not gonna believe if you don't WANT to

Last edited:

jasonwill2

if you can prove Gods words you can prove him i Guess

every body believes in something,
if you believe in science then how about these words from The Holy Quran about inception of the universe:

"do not the unbelievers see that the heavens and the earth were joined together (as one unit of creation), before we clove them asunder? we made from water every living thing. will they not then believe?" Chapter 21 : 30

and something more than that, The Big Crunch (fate of the universe):

"on that day, we shall roll up the heaven like a written scroll is rolled. as we originated the first creation, so will we bring it back again. this is a binding promise on us which we shall assuredly fulfill." Chapter 21 : 104

who would know or even think of such things ~1400 years ago, rolling heavens at the end of the universe! of course you're not gonna believe if you don't WANT to

Big crunch is just one possible scenario that seems more unlikely given newer data from the last couple of decades. Astronomy is an insanely rapid area of discovery right now.

ara3537

Big crunch is just one possible scenario that seems more unlikely given newer data from the last couple of decades. Astronomy is an insanely rapid area of discovery right now.

What are you talking about? who would know such thing 1400 years ago...
who would even know that this is how the beginning was and how the end is the opposite to that

jasonwill2

What are you talking about? who would know such thing 1400 years ago...
who would even know that this is how the beginning was and how the end is the opposite to that

Your missing the point, I am saying that the Big Crunch is a very unlikely scenario given all the current data, making it only half right if your interpretation is correct. The Heat Death scenario seems to be the most likely one now.

ara3537

Your missing the point, I am saying that the Big Crunch is a very unlikely scenario given all the current data, making it only half right if your interpretation is correct. The Heat Death scenario seems to be the most likely one now.

Well time will show which is the right scenario, as you're not gonna accept and agree on the second part

what do you to say about the first part? inception of the universe
isn't it the "Most Likely" one now? The Big Bang

jasonwill2

Well time will show which is the right scenario, as you're not gonna accept and agree on the second part

what do you to say about the first part? inception of the universe
isn't it the "Most Likely" one now? The Big Bang

1. I don't want to wait a few billion/trillions of years to find out which is right. If a big crunch, it could be billions, the heat death would be something like a trilliontrilliontrillion times an insane number of years.

2. the Big Bang is the the only possible scenario given all our available data and all existing theories and hypothesises in existence. It wins on both proccess of elimination as well the predictions that have been confirmed over a number of decades, adding to it's likely hood.

ara3537

1. I don't want to wait a few billion/trillions of years to find out which is right. If a big crunch, it could be billions, the heat death would be something like a trilliontrilliontrillion times an insane number of years.

2. the Big Bang is the the only possible scenario given all our available data and all existing theories and hypothesises in existence. It wins on both proccess of elimination as well the predictions that have been confirmed over a number of decades, adding to it's likely hood.

im not sure if you have read my first post,

i exactly said that this BIG BANG is mentioned in Quran, even the expansion of universe (some how), then you disagreed and i ask you to simply tell me if God didn't tell it, then HOW people of 1400 years ago knew something that we've just discovered

ara3537

Ever heard of the Forer Effect?

You are wrong my friend, this is not forer effect not even close

When you are explaining something to some one who've never seen it or cant understand it directly,
you explain using things they have seen you can't in any way describe it directly

for example you wanna describe a Zebra, you say its like a Donkey with white lines (hope you get the point)
or explaining what is electricity to a tribe you describe it as power, so if they later say power is electricity its Forer Effect?!

just like that god explained universe expansion and shrinking by Rolling and opening a scroll, there isn't any better explanation which we and people on 14 hundred years ago can understand

Last edited:

ara3537

I thought this was prove God not prove any other conceivable theory besides God....

you are right my friend
sorry for off-topic, i will not continue this here, if any one wanted to continue this debate, send me PM or create a topic

thank you

Last edited:

1robin

Christian/Baptist
you are right my friend
sorry for off-topic, i will not continue this here, if any one wanted to continue this debate, send me PM or create a topic

thank you
I have no right to suggest who says what where, I was just reminding everyone that we have left the building. Don't stop on my account.

tumbleweed41

Resident Liberal Hippie
just like that god explained universe expansion and shrinking by Rolling and opening a scroll, there isn't any better explanation which we and people on 14 hundred years ago can understand
Or taking a modern concept, looking at an old unrelated scripture, and saying "Eureka!";)