• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What really happens to you after you die...

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Your faith that Jesus did more than just hope is not knowledge.
Jesus' faith and belief is more than just hope because Jesus' knowledge (education) is as found in the old Hebrew Scriptures
Jesus used logical reasoning on the OT as the basis for his teachings explaining and expounding them for us
We can reason that the daily NEWS gives us immediate BAD news that describes like the people of 2nd Timothy 3:1-5,13
Even in little matters: because people lock their car doors, or who usually sleeps alone outside at night
If we travel back in time, so to speak, we end up in Eden when fallen-sinner Adam set up man's standard of what is good or bad
Only the passing of time would allow for us to be born and think who we would like as Sovereign - man or God
By deliberately breaking God's Law then Adam set up People Rule as superior to God Rule
MAN's long history has proven that MAN has dominated MAN to MAN's hurt, MAN's injury
The Bible is about there is light at the end of this l-o-n-g tunnel of time, Bright light - Jeremiah 29:11; Proverbs 4:18

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
I think the closest thing to knowing what it's like to be dead is being under a general anaesthetic.
And, you experience and feel nothing and time stops, so death will probably be like that for eternity.
You won't even know your dead, no brain activity, nothing.
Right, No conscious brain activity = Psalms 6:5; 13:3; 115:17; Isaiah 38:18; Ecclesiastes 9:5; John 11:11-14
Just like a sleeping person is not aware of the passing of time
So, just as sleep is Not for eternity Nor is death - 1st. Cor. 15:24-26; Isaiah 25:8
On coming Resurrection Day (Acts 24:15) aka 'Jesus' coming 1000 year day of governing over Earth for a thousand years' Jesus will resurrect restore life to the righteous and unrighteous (KJV just and unjust) The righteous to remain righteous and the unrighteous to learn to be righteous and then remain righteous because the wicked will be 'destroyed forever ' - Psalm 92:7; 104:35; 145:20; Proverbs 2:21-22

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
You simply hope that the book you've chosen to put your faith in is true... that's not knowledge.
No, it is not knowledge, it's belief.

It's not only the book, but 'his interpretation' of that book. All Christians are reading the same Bible but they do not all agree on the nature of the afterlife.
JWs believe the afterlife will be spent in this world, but most Christians believe that they will spend eternity in heaven.

QuestioningMind

Jesus' faith and belief is more than just hope because Jesus' knowledge (education) is as found in the old Hebrew Scriptures
Jesus used logical reasoning on the OT as the basis for his teachings explaining and expounding them for us
We can reason that the daily NEWS gives us immediate BAD news that describes like the people of 2nd Timothy 3:1-5,13
Even in little matters: because people lock their car doors, or who usually sleeps alone outside at night
If we travel back in time, so to speak, we end up in Eden when fallen-sinner Adam set up man's standard of what is good or bad
Only the passing of time would allow for us to be born and think who we would like as Sovereign - man or God
By deliberately breaking God's Law then Adam set up People Rule as superior to God Rule
MAN's long history has proven that MAN has dominated MAN to MAN's hurt, MAN's injury
The Bible is about there is light at the end of this l-o-n-g tunnel of time, Bright light - Jeremiah 29:11; Proverbs 4:18
Your faith in what your particular old holy book happens to say is not knowledge. Just like how a Hindu's faith in their particular old holy books is not knowledge.

Madsaac

If it is for eternity , then you wouldn't even be alive here right now.

Okay, moving forward from the time you die, for eternity.

I strongly believe the experience of being under a "general' is the closest thing humans will encounter to to dying

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Okay, moving forward from the time you die, for eternity.

I strongly believe the experience of being under a "general' is the closest thing humans will encounter to to dying
I can certainly agree as far as egos are concerned, definitely a true death for eternity. But life? With the odds at 1:? firmly establishes that life erupting again isn't so impossible.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Your faith in what your particular old holy book happens to say is not knowledge. Just like how a Hindu's faith in their particular old holy books is not knowledge.
Science searches for truth ( or at least it should )
Science is: truth discovered
The Bible is: truth revealed
Jesus claimed that Scripture is 'religious truth'
Jesus used his scriptural education by using logical reasoning on the old Hebrew Scriptures for us
To me Jesus had quite a lot of educated knowledge and he expounded and explained Scripture for us

QuestioningMind

Science searches for truth ( or at least it should )
The Bible is: truth revealed
Jesus claimed that Scripture is 'religious truth'
Jesus used his scriptural education by using logical reasoning on the old Hebrew Scriptures for us
To me Jesus had quite a lot of educated knowledge and he expounded and explained Scripture for us
The Hindu Vedas are: truth revealed

We've both just made claims, without any evidence to back them up. I have just as much reason to believe that the Hindu Vedas are truth revealed as I do to believe that your Bible is truth revealed. Since neither claim comes with evidence, it's only logical to dismiss both claims, until actual evidence is presented.

Last edited:

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
The Hindu Vedas are: truth revealed
We've both just made claims, without any evidence to back them up. I have just as much reason to believe that the Hindu Vedas are truth revealed as I do to believe that your Bible is truth revealed. Since neither claim comes with evidence, it's only logical to dismiss both claims, until actual evidence is presented.
Bible people are real people living in real places
I think both Hindu and the Bible believe we are living at a time when wickedness will increase - 2nd Timothy 3:13
Increase until the great tribulation of Rev. 7:14 happens. The daily news is: evidence
Unlike some think there is No solution, whereas Jesus taught there is a solution - ' thy kingdom come......'
We can appreciate there is going to be a solution to poor health, discord, injustice, war, etc. - Rev. 11:18 B; Psalm 46:9
Just as Jesus revealed things they are taking place as never before in history- Luke 21:11

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Okay, moving forward from the time you die, for eternity............................................................................
Moving forward from the time you die "first" is death's pause.
The dead pause in a sleep-like state until Resurrection Day (Acts 24:15) when 'there will be' a resurrection
Then the sleeping dead will hear Jesus' voice calling them back to live life again (Psalms 6:5; 13:3; 115:17; Isaiah 38:18; Ecclesiastes 9:5 )
Those who prove themselves to be righteous or become righteous ones can gain eternal life for eternity as Jesus promised - Matt. 5:5

QuestioningMind

Bible people are real people living in real places
I think both Hindu and the Bible believe we are living at a time when wickedness will increase - 2nd Timothy 3:13
Increase until the great tribulation of Rev. 7:14 happens. The daily news is: evidence
Unlike some think there is No solution, whereas Jesus taught there is a solution - ' thy kingdom come......'
We can appreciate there is going to be a solution to poor health, discord, injustice, war, etc. - Rev. 11:18 B; Psalm 46:9
Just as Jesus revealed things they are taking place as never before in history- Luke 21:11
The fact that Hindus and Christians can agree on a few things doesn't change the fact that each holy book makes very different claims about what happens after you die. They can't both be right, but since neither has any actual evidence to back up their claims, they could very easily both be wrong. All either can do is hope that they've put their faith in the correct old holy book.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
The fact that Hindus and Christians can agree on a few things doesn't change the fact that each holy book makes very different claims about what happens after you die. They can't both be right, but since neither has any actual evidence to back up their claims, they could very easily both be wrong. All either can do is hope that they've put their faith in the correct old holy book.
Right, both can't be right
I find confidence in the teachings of Jesus because he used logical reasoning on the very old Hebrew Scriptures explaining them for us.
Also, because the Bible is chock full of corresponding or parallel cross-reference verses and passages linking the Bible writers together .

Around the world daily NEWS is reporting immediate daily bad new. ( 2nd Timothy 3:13 )
Around the world challenges because of problems about food, climate, refugees, terrorism, violence, etc.
Around the world mankind does not see an end to today's daily bad news.
Around the world current day news is showing that Satan's House of Cards is coming down faster and faster.
Around the world is a large scale proclaiming about God's Kingdom that Jesus is working things out for the righteous ones of mankind.
Around the world those who takes sides with Jesus will be kept safe from lasting harm - Isaiah 26:20

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
When we die our brain dies, with it our mind...
Following the first law of thermodynamics...
Our physical bodies decompose to molecules and eventually, atoms. The atoms are reused (nature being the ultimate in recycling)... One use is, they are used by new life to grow and may turn up in worm food, a blade of grass, a tree, even growing humans... In this way we are all made of dead people.
Many years in the future our sun will die, taking earth with it. Our atoms will be scattered through local space. They may help to form a new sun, a new planet, even new life on that planet.
To continue until the universe eventually dies, after which our atoms will float in the _____ for eternity.
I am content with the science
I don't see a dying universe but an expanding spreading out universe - Jeremiah 51:15 B
Seems that both science and religion should search for truth
Science is truth: discovered
Bible is religious truth: revealed

Yes, brain and mind die at death - death's deep sleep (Psalms 6:5; 13:3; 115:17; Isaiah 38:18; Ecclesiastes 9:5; John 11:11-14)
Don't yet know how, but 'Earth abides forever' - Ecclesiastes 1:4 B; Psalm 104:5
An eternal Earth with eternal-living people because of Resurrection Day ( aka Jesus' coming 1000 year day governing over Earth )

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
I don't see a dying universe but an expanding spreading out universe - Jeremiah 51:15 B
Seems that both science and religion should search for truth
Science is truth: discovered
Bible is religious truth: revealed

Yes, brain and mind die at death - death's deep sleep (Psalms 6:5; 13:3; 115:17; Isaiah 38:18; Ecclesiastes 9:5; John 11:11-14)
Don't yet know how, but 'Earth abides forever' - Ecclesiastes 1:4 B; Psalm 104:5
An eternal Earth with eternal-living people because of Resurrection Day ( aka Jesus' coming 1000 year day governing over Earth )

The universe does not care what you see or don't see.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
The universe does not care what you see or don't see.
To me, the One who created the universe does care that is why everlasting life on Earth was originally offered to Adam before his downfall.
Since we are innocent of what father Adam did is why God is offering us everlasting life on Earth starting with Jesus soon coming 'time of separation' on Earth. May you be counted as one of those humble ones - Matthew 25:31-34,37

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
To me, the One who created the universe does care that is why everlasting life on Earth was originally offered to Adam before his downfall.
Since we are innocent of what father Adam did is why God is offering us everlasting life on Earth starting with Jesus soon coming 'time of separation' on Earth. May you be counted as one of those humble ones - Matthew 25:31-34,37

If thats what you believe then thats up to you.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
If thats what you believe then thats up to you.
That is what the Bible teaches. You can live forever on a beautiful paradisical Earth as described in the 35th chapter of Isaiah
Perhaps we won't have to whisper to the coffee " Be Strong! " because it will be :)

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Yes, brain and mind die at death. That's why the dead body does not know anything.

Ecclesiastes 9:5
For the living know that they shall die: but the dead know not any thing, neither have they any more a reward; for the memory of them is forgotten.

The dead body returns to dust but the spirit (soul) which is the person returns to God.

Ecclesiastes 12:7
Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was: and the spirit shall return unto God who gave it.

Sgt. Pepper

All you need is love.
That is what the Bible teaches. You can live forever on a beautiful paradisical Earth as described in the 35th chapter of Isaiah.

According to your preferred beliefs and biblical interpretation as a Jehovah's Witness anyway.

However, as I recently mentioned in another thread, your beliefs are certainly one interpretation of the biblical accounts of the afterlife.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
According to your preferred beliefs and biblical interpretation as a Jehovah's Witness anyway.

However, as I recently mentioned in another thread, your beliefs are certainly one interpretation of the biblical accounts of the afterlife.
I do not know any Christians, except the JWs, who interpret Isaiah 35 as being about the afterlife, i.e., living forever on a beautiful paradisical Earth.

Isaiah 35 is about what we will see after the return of Christ.

Isaiah prophesied that the Plain of Sharon and the holy mountain, Carmel, would both be centers for the light and presence of the ‘Glory of the Lord’ in the last days. All the Isaiah 35 prophecies were fulfilled after Christ returned with a new name, which I believe was Baha'u'llah.

Isaiah 35 King James Version (KJV)

1 The wilderness and the solitary place shall be glad for them; and the desert shall rejoice, and blossom as the rose.
2 It shall blossom abundantly, and rejoice even with joy and singing: the glory of Lebanon shall be given unto it, the excellency of Carmel and Sharon, they shall see the glory of the Lord, and the excellency of our God.

7 And the parched ground shall become a pool, and the thirsty land springs of water: in the habitation of dragons, where each lay, shall be grass with reeds and rushes.
8 And an highway shall be there, and a way, and it shall be called The way of holiness; the unclean shall not pass over it; but it shall be for those: the wayfaring men, though fools, shall not err therein.
9 No lion shall be there, nor any ravenous beast shall go up thereon, it shall not be found there; but the redeemed shall walk there:
10 And the ransomed of the Lord shall return, and come to Zion with songs and everlasting joy upon their heads: they shall obtain joy and gladness, and sorrow and sighing shall flee away.

Above Haifa, Israel, stands Mt. Carmel, thus fulfilling these prophecies.