• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What religion is scientifically proven?

Im an Atheist

Biologist
Scientific = can be proven by hard facts
Religion = something you believe.

Religion has no hard facts to prove it so it cannot be scientifically proven

LittleNipper

Hello guys.

I wonder which religion is scientifically proven, i mean are the stuff written in hindu scriptures or the things that are in bible or in any other scripture of any religion scientifically proven. i guess what i am trying to say is, would you be rather believing in something that is scientifically proven or would you rather be believing in myths and majic. :confused:..:rolleyes:

I would suggest that archaeology is a science and it has proven that most all the places of the Bible are actual. It has also proven that some of the peoples and persons mentioned in the Bible are historical fact.

Does this prove that there is a GOD? Well, I would say that the ancient people presently known as the Jews may prove just that. The reality is that GOD made a promise that the Hebrews would never be destroyed or absorbed. So far they have not been, though not for a want of trying on the part of some very wicked people. The prophecy of the Bible clearly states that the nation of Israel would be back again. And so it has ----1947. Who would have thunk!

Prophecy cannot be fulfilled by a GOD which doesn't exist, and coincidence is not a scientific term.

painted wolf

Grey Muzzle
Archeology has also proven much of my peoples faith and "mythology".
All that proves is that people are fairly good at keeping history alive.

wa:do

LittleNipper

Archeology has also proven much of my peoples faith and "mythology".
All that proves is that people are fairly good at keeping history alive.

Which in fact doesn't answer the question of the Bible's uncanny list of prophecy fulfillment over hundreds and thousands of years...

I might add that the Quaran has only one fulfillment and that was fulfilled by Mohammed himself.

Last edited:

tumbleweed41

Resident Liberal Hippie
Hello guys.

I wonder which religion is scientifically proven, i mean are the stuff written in hindu scriptures or the things that are in bible or in any other scripture of any religion scientifically proven. i guess what i am trying to say is, would you be rather believing in something that is scientifically proven or would you rather be believing in myths and majic. :confused:..:rolleyes:

Deism. (OK, I admit bias, I find Deism to be a logical conclusion, but not a "Proven Fact")

painted wolf

Grey Muzzle
Which in fact doesn't answer the question of the Bible's uncanny list of prophecy fulfillment over hundreds and thousands of years...
Or those of my faith... seriously this tit for tat is pointless as all faiths claim the same evidences as signs of truth.

I would suggest that archaeology is a science and it has proven that most all the places of the Bible are actual. It has also proven that some of the peoples and persons mentioned in the Bible are historical fact.

Does this prove that there is a GOD? Well, I would say that the ancient people presently known as the Jews may prove just that. The reality is that GOD made a promise that the Hebrews would never be destroyed or absorbed. So far they have not been, though not for a want of trying on the part of some very wicked people. The prophecy of the Bible clearly states that the nation of Israel would be back again. And so it has ----1947. Who would have thunk!

Prophecy cannot be fulfilled by a GOD which doesn't exist, and coincidence is not a scientific term.

This is a little insane, have you any idea how many books and stories have been written using real places and peoples names that have no bearing in fact at all. Your saying that because it turns out that "some" of the places mentioned in the bible have actually existed that it actually says anything whatsoever about the legitimacy of the stories? And I can't imagine how you are drawing a line between the continuing existence of the nation of Israel and proof that the bible is correct. There are a lot of nations that are still around from that era, and if Israel would have been wiped out thousands of years ago chances are this religion would have died out with it along with so many others. Finally, your last statement, "prophecy cannot be fulfilled by a god that doesn't exist" Thats just flat out wrong. Things happen and will continue to happen ENTIRELY independant of prophecies that someone may or may not have made. In most cases the two are entirely unrelated. Except for situations when you have people who believe in these prophecies to such an extent that they actively try to make them happen. For instance, the bible referring to trying to find a donkey for Jesus to ride in on so that a prophecy might be fulfilled... anyone else find it strange that they actually had to arrange for something to happen for the purpose of fulfilling a prophecy? What some lunatics won't do...

remedy

To all you ignorants out there, please please please inform yourselves about a certain topic before you start debating, people may take you for ignorants,as myself have done. The quran is a true miracle and no one can deny that, so you who said tell me about one prophecie in the quran..Im willing to give you a bunch, the quran has predicted :
-THE VICTORY OF BYZANTIUM
-THE PRESERVATION OF PHARAOH'S BODY
-THE CONQUEST OF MAKKAH
-THE TRIBE OF ISRAEL WILL BECOME VERY HAUGHTY
-THE EXPLORATION OF SPACE
-THE VOYAGE TO THE MOON
-MODERN MEANS OF TRANSPORT
-PLANE TECHNOLOGY
-IMAGE TRANSMISSION
-SMELL TRANSFERENCE
-THE USE OF ELECTRICITY
-ARTESIAN WELLS
-THE ARMY-ANT IN TECHNOLOGY
-ATOMIC ENERGY AND FISSION

there..i gave you more than one if you can actually COUNT !!!

oh and P.S : to make certain that the holy Quran is true miracle.. ALL of those predictions have come to exist !!!!!!!!! unlike your false 'nostradamos' gibberij wich have failed over and over..i hope you can perceive the truth. peace

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
To all you ignorants out there, please please please inform yourselves about a certain topic before you start debating, people may take you for ignorants,as myself have done. The quran is a true miracle and no one can deny that, so you who said tell me about one prophecie in the quran..Im willing to give you a bunch, the quran has predicted :
-THE CONQUEST OF MAKKAH
-THE VOYAGE TO THE MOON
-PLANE TECHNOLOGY
-IMAGE TRANSMISSION
-SMELL TRANSFERENCE
-THE USE OF ELECTRICITY
-ARTESIAN WELLS
I don't believe you.

BTW - which Pharoah? And what on Earth is "smell transference"?

Nepenthe

Tu Stultus Es
Hello guys.

I think Scientology is scientifically proven. I mean it's right there in the name of the religion! Deny that unbelievers!

Jacksnyte

Reverend
Hello guys.

You're kidding, right? :areyoucra:bonk::jester3:

PolyHedral

Superabacus Mystic
-THE CONQUEST OF MAKKAH
-THE VOYAGE TO THE MOON
-PLANE TECHNOLOGY
-IMAGE TRANSMISSION
-SMELL TRANSFERENCE
-THE USE OF ELECTRICITY
-ARTESIAN WELLS

there..i gave you more than one if you can actually COUNT !!!

oh and P.S : to make certain that the holy Quran is true miracle.. ALL of those predictions have come to exist !!!!!!!!! unlike your false 'nostradamos' gibberij wich have failed over and over..i hope you can perceive the truth. peace
Of course they have; You're looking backwards.

What has the Quran predicted that hasn't happened yet? :D

dyanaprajna2011

Dharmapala
I've studied the apparent scientific 'truths' in the Bible and the Qur'an, and found that they are too vague to be compared to anything scientific. However, one of the many things that attracted me to Buddhism was the way in which it is presented as a logical system. There are things the Buddha taught about mind and matter that are being shown in disciplines such as psychology and physics. I don't think this was in any way miraculous, or shows that the Buddha was inspired by some deity, but only that he had a mind keen enough to pierce into the nature of reality, and seen it for what it was.

horiturk

Assyrian Devil
no religion is scientifically proven,if you think one is then prove it.those science and quran videos on youtube are pretty laughable propaganda

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
Hello guys.

There is no good reason to use religion where science suffices.