• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What was last movie you watched?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
The King's Speech
I liked it overall; it was superbly acted and well-made, but I felt is was a little overhyped.
When we saw The King's Speech, a speech therapist was in the group.
Afterwards, we feted her as a hero. Fine movie...a gift which kept on giving.

illykitty

RF's pet cat
Despicable Me and it's sequel, 2.

I liked them, quite cute and funny. The minions are what makes this really great. I still wonder though, just what are they? The movie seemed to imply glow sticks...

StarryNightshade

Spiritually confused Jew
Premium Member
American Psycho

I thought it was a great film, but the final third does become a little disjointed. Still, I'd recommend it to anyone who isn't squeamish at the sight of blood or sexual violence.

Not to mention Christian Bale shirtless is really hot. :drool:

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
American Psycho
I thought it was a great film, but the final third does become a little disjointed. Still, I'd recommend it to anyone who isn't squeamish at the sight of blood or sexual violence.
Not to mention Christian Bale shirtless is really hot. :drool:
If you don't want this bubble burst, then DO NOT SEE The Machinist.

The Sum of Awe

Brought to you by the moment that spacetime began.
Does Insidious Chapter 2 have jumpscares I should know about? I'm always worried about getting a heart attack from jumpscares and in general am not fascinated by them. Unless I am with a friend, then it's fun.

The Sum of Awe

Brought to you by the moment that spacetime began.
Watched Insidious Chapter 2, haven't seen the first one but read a summary of it before watching it to understand the main details that seemed to be the only important knowledge before seeing this movie.

It surprised me that I didn't hate it (however probably not on my top 10 list), I usually don't like ghost movies, the ghost movies I've seen have tons of obvious flaws and ridiculousness, like a victim running somewhere in the house instead of just leaving the premise. Let alone, it bothers me to see most of them ending with an explanation for all of it, I have some imagination of the cause and the movie's explanation is extreme ridiculous like a six year old came up with it, but this one didn't disappoint me.

Knight of Albion

300. Starts off quite gritty but then descends into total farce. The film has plenty of blood and gore, but no romance. Not a patch on the 1962 original '300 Spartans'.

All in all an insult to the very brave men who fought the battle against hopeless odds. The 300 Spartans - and the 700 Thespians and 400 Thebans, who sadly have been airbrushed out of history.

Triumphant_Loser

Libertarian Egalitarian
Last time i watched Hit List movie. I love this movie. I have watched this movie so mant time please sjare witjh us what was the last movie you watched?

The last movie I watched was Despicable me 2. I had to watch it about 4 times in a row on the ride back home to Florida from North Carolina. (It was my little cousin's favorite movie.)

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Infinitely Polar Bear
(at Sundance....not in general release yet.)
Very good, but some difficult issues were in the theme.

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
Just watched this: Jack Reacher (2012) - IMDb

Reason being I'm in the middle of reading one of the books in the Reacher series and I wanted to see what Hollywood did with the character.

My first reaction was: they took a 6'5 250 lb character and gave the role to a 5'7 148lb actor. How is that going to work? :p

Once I got past that though I thought it was a pretty decent action flick.