• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What was last movie you watched?

Saint Frankenstein

Here for the ride
Premium Member
Evil Dead - 2013 remake....not as good as the original...it downright sucked, actually.

Good films should be left alone (they shouldn't have even made that sucky sequel all those years ago either).

Speak for yourself! That movie was awesome! Not so much a remake, anyway, but a "reimagining", much like the Dawn of the Dead "remake".

NobodyYouKnow

Misanthropist
Speak for yourself! That movie was awesome! Not so much a remake, anyway, but a "reimagining", much like the Dawn of the Dead "remake".
Yeah, maybe it was a case where I let my nostalgia get in the way too much to be able to enjoy it.

I remember seeing the movie as a kid and it really scared me. Now, I yawned all the way through it - not scary at all.

*speaking for myself because nobody else can.

Saint Frankenstein

Here for the ride
Premium Member
Yeah, maybe it was a case where I let my nostalgia get in the way too much to be able to enjoy it.

I remember seeing the movie as a kid and it really scared me. Now, I yawned all the way through it - not scary at all.

*speaking for myself because nobody else can.

I just loved it because Hollywood hasn't put out an old-school, balls to the wall gore fest in awhile. They're just putting out lame, sucky ghost and possession crap. I love brutal nasty horror and I've been feeling starved for it lately, movie-wise.

I always found the first one more funny than scary. Lol. Evil Dead 2 was more to the scary side with that giant monster that showed up at the end.

NobodyYouKnow

Misanthropist
I just loved it because Hollywood hasn't put out an old-school, balls to the wall gore fest in awhile. They're just putting out lame, sucky ghost and possession crap. I love brutal nasty horror and I've been feeling starved for it lately, movie-wise.

I always found the first one more funny than scary. Lol. Evil Dead 2 was more to the scary side with that giant monster that showed up at the end.
Actually, the movie I watched previously (I spent 8 hours yesterday just watching movies) was The Possession of Emily Rose - which I rather enjoyed.

It wasn't your 'run of the mill' possession film, but it was supposedly based on a true story about a priest who was tried and convicted for criminal negligence after 'allegedly' abusing a parishioner's trust.

The whole debate of possession vs mental illness was tried in court. Good movie (if I do say so myself). :p

Saint Frankenstein

Here for the ride
Premium Member
Actually, the movie I watched previously (I spent 8 hours yesterday just watching movies) was The Possession of Emily Rose - which I rather enjoyed.

It wasn't your 'run of the mill' possession film, but it was supposedly based on a true story about a priest who was tried and convicted for criminal negligence after 'allegedly' abusing a parishioner's trust.

The whole debate of possession vs mental illness was tried in court. Good movie (if I do say so myself). :p

I've seen that movie years ago and have the DVD. I used to like it when I was a Catholic. It moved me. But since I've found out the truth of Anneliese Michel's case, I don't like that movie anymore and see it as just another Christian propaganda film, like most of those possession movies are. You should see Requiem, which is about the same girl, for a more honest look at what really happened.

NobodyYouKnow

Misanthropist
I've seen that movie years ago and have the DVD. I used to like it when I was a Catholic. It moved me. But since I've found out the truth of Anneliese Michel's case, I don't like that movie anymore and see it as just another Christian propaganda film, like most of those possession movies are. You should see Requiem, which is about the same girl, for a more honest look at what really happened.
Wow! I shall so go and watch that now. Thanks for the recommendation of the continuation of the saga. I like to view all perspectives.

sacredmeow

Light Seeker.
Dare I ask if you've seen Cabin in the Woods? It's pretty recent (for me) and entertainingly gory. It wins my "Favorite Death Scene in a Movie" title. The previous winner of that being the beginning death scene of Suspiria, followed by a close second from Death Proof (tire-to-face).

Saint Frankenstein

Here for the ride
Premium Member
Dare I ask if you've seen Cabin in the Woods? It's pretty recent (for me) and entertainingly gory. It wins my "Favorite Death Scene in a Movie" title. The previous winner of that being the beginning death scene of Suspiria, followed by a close second from Death Proof (tire-to-face).

Yup. Loved that one, too. But it's satire. :p

The Sum of Awe

Brought to you by the moment that spacetime began.
Just as I suspected:

Tremors 2 wasn't really that fascinating, and now I don't really know if I want to watch the third one. I'll watch the 4th just to conclude it with a prequel for sure, but not sure if I really care that they fly now or not....

esmith

Veteran Member
Watched Atlas Shrugged Part 1 last night and will watch Part II tonight. Part III is supposed to be released this summer.

The last movie I watched was Disney's Frozen. I watched it for the fifth time last night. ^_^

♪♫"Let it go... let it go... Can't hold it back anymore..."♫♪
"The cold never bothered me anyway" XD

P.S. I do love Disney. <3

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
Thor: The Dark World. Got the dvd, watched last night. Will watch again, perhaps in a marathon this weekend:

Thor
Marvel Avengers
Thor: The Dark World

I can hardly wait for Marvel Avengers Ultron and Thor 3 (May 2015).

In the scene where Jane slaps Thor (on both cheeks, once for leaving for 2 years, and once for being in NY with the Avengers and not contacting her), the fake slap didn't work, so she really did slap him. But they started laughing and had to do it over.. and over... and over... because they kept laughing. He said he did wind up with a sore jaw.

The Sum of Awe

Brought to you by the moment that spacetime began.
Armageddon

Wow actually made me tear up, and I'm known not to do that often to movies. And who would've expected from a Sci-Fi?

Very exciting, couldn't watch some parts without shaking my leg and when AJ was in the chamber in the Russian satellite thing and escaped with the Russian guy I held my breath instinctively to that, I felt in touch with the movie. It's pretty intense, suspense around every corner, and so much emotion, needless to say it's cool with effects and the scenery is beautiful.

It shows that hope can be on the other end, as long as you work together, set aside the disagreements and arguing, and pull through it. Along with the strength of a father's love.

If there's anything wrong with this movie at all, and this is hardly a problem, it is the calmness in some parts. For noobies going into space, knowing very little about what they're doing, I think the confidence level was a little higher than realistic. However, emotion did appear realistic at a lot of parts anyway.

I literally rate this movie at the same level as Captain Phillips! A 10/10 scale can't even describe it, it's more than whole, it's just.... amazing. Not sure why it's not any more popular.