• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What was last movie you watched?

Breathe

Hostis humani generis
Riddick (the 2013 film).
Was pretty good.

Then we followed by watching Shaun of the Dead again. :)

StarryNightshade

Spiritually confused Jew
Premium Member
Dear Zachary: A Letter to a Son About His Father

I want to go to a corner and die. It's easily one of the most depressing films I've seen.

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
Even though I have seen it a dozen times, I still cheer him on when he is trying to lift it. :D

:yes: Me too... though it's not like the movie is going to change. I'm also getting to the point that I recite dialogue. I even used a line this morning at work. Something happened that shouldn't have so I said to my boss:

"Never [pause]... has a situation like this slipped by me until today; I wish to know how it happened." I'm such a drama queen. :facepalm: :D

Did you see the FX Downloaded broadcast? They were giving clips of the filming, interviews with the actors, explanations of the sets and costumes. The presenter (I forgot her name) even said something about how sad it is when he sinks down to his knees in the mud, bellows at the sky and finally realizes his situation.

Btw, Chris Hemsworth said in the interview how they all broke up emotionally during the banishment scene. All the takes were good, but Brannagh wanted one more take of it before lunch, and that was the one that brought everyone to tears. Hopkins actually delivered it with more force than comes through on the screen. This is definitely my new signature movie. :)

Last edited:

Star Trek: The Future Begins

star-trek-poster.jpg

-

John Doe

The Monuments Men

Absolutely terrible. Almost laughable (except that I wasted my money). George Clooney has a face like Roger Ramjet, perfect pearly whites, and a voice which is perfect for coffee ads. He is so monodimensional it is tedious. I realised when watching this movie that he does not have any acting skills at all. He merely reads his lines, relying on his looks and vocal timbre. I have now seen him in quite a few roles, and it is obvious that he has only one way of delivering material - deadpan, casual, with no highs or lows.

Watching the opening scenes it was obvious that he wanted to somehow leverage the 'Oceans' thing, and this was a way to do it and possibly appear as if he had a new idea. Once again, a team of men on a mission.

I won't be surprised if his next effort is a remake of The Dirty Dozen. With Brad Pitt etc etc. Maybe he'll even have a shot at 'art' and remake Seven Samurai.

Just awful. Now I understand why Russell Crowe totally dissed him.

StarryNightshade

Spiritually confused Jew
Premium Member
Muppets: Most Wanted

My friends and I liked it, but we were the only ones in the theatre laughing. I guess all the children whom were brought by their parents didn't get any of the jokes.