• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What was last movie you watched?

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
Thor: The Dark World. Got the dvd, watched last night. Will watch again, perhaps in a marathon this weekend:

Thor
Marvel Avengers
Thor: The Dark World

Hehe, I did the marathon yesterday. :) Speaking of getting teary-eyed, I start to get that way in the scene where Thor, banished to Earth and stripped of his powers, tried to lift Mjolnir from the ground. He's soaked and muddied from the rain, and sinks down to knees, looks up to the sky and bellows. He finally realizes he's been humbled. I feel so sorry for him. :sad4: Even Heimdall watching from Asgard has a sad look in his eyes. :(

DreadFish

Cosmic Vagabond
Evil Dead - 2013 remake....not as good as the original...it downright sucked, actually.

Good films should be left alone (they shouldn't have even made that sucky sequel all those years ago either).

We are in the age of: More Technologically Sophisticated, Though Not Necessarily (or Usually) Better Remakes of Old Movies That Were Better Than Anything We Can Think Up Right Now. Otherwise known as, The Age Without Originality!

All jokes aside,

The last movie I watched was a Bollywood movie called Veeram. It was about two-and-a-half hours long, but pretty good.

The Sum of Awe

Brought to you by the moment that spacetime began.
Went to the movies first time with my license today, which is 30 minutes away by taking the highway. I had no trouble driving my new truck until I got into the city where I killed my truck (dropped the clutch too fast) and I was right in front of the stop sign with 5 cars behind me and I think one of them honked after killing it the second time. Then I just told myself to calm down and then I'll get it no problem and I did and laughed by *** off at the movies for a good 10 minutes.

But I seen Non-Stop, and it was pretty good.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
I don't watch enough to know which one was last. I watched Ted and Die Welle recently. Both of them are great movies. I rented a few comedy specials from the video store (Bill Cosby's new one, Lewis Black, Eddie Izzard, and Gabriel Iglasias), and I rented some movie but it must not have been that good because I don't remember what it was.
I watched The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly and Rio Grande as a part of a research project. Didn't really care for them, but considering the closest thing to a Western I'd ever seen before was City Slickers and my research is based on Sam Shepard's True West, I needed to familiarize myself with Westerns and Cowboys.

Breathe

Hostis humani generis
The Last Temptation of Christ. I enjoyed it. I think it did a really good job of making a very "human" Jesus.

My wife wouldn't watch it, though, but not because of its "heretical" or whatever, but because "it's another Jesus film"...

... which one of us is the church-going Christian? :areyoucra

Nerthus

Wanderlust
I watched a strange film about twins who tried to get rid of all other twins - can't remember what it was called as I fell asleep with the TV on and when I woke it was playing.

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member

I just saw this myself a couple nights ago. Good film! :yes:

-

Isn't it!? :) Thor was just so freakin' alpha and studly. :drool:

I really didn't like that Frigga was killed. Though it was fuel for Loki's rage. Thor had it under control, knowing his mother's sacrifice for Jane.

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
I've heard this a lot from people who've seen it, but I've not seen the film (and don't really intend to see it, anyway). Is there any particular reason?

It is extremely important history but, as a film, relatively predictable. There was little nuance, little depth of character. (And Brad Pit as great white hope struck me as tacky.)

Matemkar

Rang-e Khoda (God's Colour) AKA The Color of Paradise

Rang-e-khoda-afi&

Erebus

Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters

It's a stupid, dumb, thick, imbecilic film but fun to watch with friends after a few drinks. If the thought of fighting fairy tale witches with a consecrated mini-gun doesn't appeal to you even a little bit it's time to reassess your priorities ;)

bobhikes

Nondetermined
Premium Member
Mr. Peabody and Sherman, not at all that bad. It had a high level story with kids level comedy.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
I watched 5 movies on a 14 1/2 hour flight from Seattle to Dubai, and can't remember the name of a single one of them.

Sees

Dragonslayer
Hehe, I did the marathon yesterday. :) Speaking of getting teary-eyed, I start to get that way in the scene where Thor, banished to Earth and stripped of his powers, tried to lift Mjolnir from the ground. He's soaked and muddied from the rain, and sinks down to knees, looks up to the sky and bellows. He finally realizes he's been humbled. I feel so sorry for him. :sad4: Even Heimdall watching from Asgard has a sad look in his eyes. :(

Even though I have seen it a dozen times, I still cheer him on when he is trying to lift it. :D