• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What's For Dinner?

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Sarladaise potatoes, meatloaf or tofu, purple carrots

Scones with strawberries and cream

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Last night I cooked two of my lamb shanks in a not too tasty recipe. The lamb was still good, but it could have been better. So not a disaster but I was a bit disappointed. I went with that one since I knew that it was what I would eat for dinner and lunch. I did not want a four or worse six shank recipe that I had to eat all on my own. I still have at least six lamb shanks. Not to worry, they are heavily double wrapped and rated for at least one more week.

Tonight I may just cook burgers and fries.

Balthazzar

Christian Evolutionist
I don't know.

1/2 meat log
1 piece of chicken
1 can mixed vegetables
1 pack of powdered turkey marrow gravy
a little cumin
left over green beans

rice
part of a pack of powdered ranch dressing mix
butter cracker crumbs
crumbly cheese

oh, onion salt and black pepper

I call it

"Casserole"

Attachments

• cass.jpg
    cass.jpg
    337.6 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
Spent all day yesterday making my fabulous Bolognese sauce -- to be served with pappardelle pasta tonight. And all theParmigiano Reggiano one cares for, but really, that's just gratuitous.

I usually make it in large batches for freezing -- like 16 portions -- so that all that cooking time provides a multitude of meals.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I had chicken tika masalla

Very nice it was too!
It is hard to go wrong with that. How hot do you like it? In college I used to go with friends to a very good Chinese restaurant. It was close to the University of Minnesota Campus, (Over 50,000 students) and it was the one Chinese restaurant that practically all of the students from China would go to. So at any time in almost all white Minnesota I could go into a restaurant where I was in the minority. We would order family style. In other words, a bunch of entrees and side dishes. I thought that it was odd the first time that I tried it, but one ends up getting a lot of different dishes to try. Often ones that one would never have ordered on one's own.

That works with Indian restaurants too. So as long as your group does not have anyone with a very restricted diet it can be a lot of fun.

PS, Do NOT order hamburgers at an Indian restaurant

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
I had chicken tika masalla

Very nice it was too!
One of my personal favourites. There's a great Indian fusion restaurant just around the corner from me called Tamasha, and it has (I think) the best chicken tikka masala in Toronto. To die for!