• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What's For Dinner?

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Marinated (line caught yellowfin) tuna steaks, pan fried.
Sarladaise potatoes.
Corn.
Fried tomato.

Myrtle berry pie with crème anglaise (custard)

Spice

StewardshipPeaceIntergityCommunityEquality
Baked chicken. That's all that's been decided here in early afternoon.

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
I really don't know.

I don't want to eat junk.

I likely won't have time to prepare anything until super late, and then I won't want to.

I can't afford premade.

I'm not a huge fan of just eating raw stuff.

I think I'll be hungry for awhile.

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member
I want to make white chicken chilli but all the recipes I've found call for canned green chiles but they're not available in Australia except from Amazon at exorbitant prices... anyone know what I could substitute? We have pickled green chillies but I think they are different.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Wok stir-fry with prawns (and shredded beef for meat eaters)

Fruit sponge cake

Beef stir-fry planned here, too. But I use frozen stir-fry vegetables and I haven't picked out which variety, yet.
Wow, Tuesday night was a wok stir fry night with at least some beef all around. I made Chinese broccoli beef. Last night was the end of the season Copper Head Sockeye salmon. Down to 13 bucks a pound. It must have been a very good year. I think that the early season salmon taste better or it might be I was getting used to it. Tonight it is a Japanese restaurant as a birthday gift for roomie.

ChristineM

Premium Member
I want to make white chicken chilli but all the recipes I've found call for canned green chiles but they're not available in Australia except from Amazon at exorbitant prices... anyone know what I could substitute? We have pickled green chillies but I think they are different.

Try fresh chillies green or red,

Not sure uf it'll make much difference but it should taste pretty good anyway

ChristineM

Premium Member
Ok, it's a hot day, second consecutive hot one, normally this would be a 2 shower day but today some idiot (me) decided we would have a pasta arrabbiata, depending on the chillies it could be a 3 shower day ;-)

Dessert will be ice-cream to cool us down...

Spice

StewardshipPeaceIntergityCommunityEquality
Just made a batch of Waldorf Salad. Waiting for it to chill.......

ChristineM

Premium Member
Butterfly chicken (or vegetable fingers), quinoa salad and boiled new potatoes.

Chocolate cake with strawberry compote

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
1720848907072.png