• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What's For Dinner?

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I am waking this thread back up. A few days ago I made a batch of Asado de Puerco. Literally "roast pork" but I would not call it that. As his link shows it was more of a stew. Pork shoulder meat, and dried peppers that have been soaked and blended are the key ingredients:

It is an extremely tasty recipe. I am amazed that it is not at more Mexican restaurants. Normally served with beans and rice I was in a mood for something different so I bought some premade sopes and finished cooking them and put the stew on top. My housemate took a little taste but did not eat it so I had a dinner or two and two or three lunches of it. I only had a little left today and I already miss it.

It looks a lot like this:

1722043100668.png

My sauce was thicker and then I served it on these:
1722043195329.png

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Tonight I fixed one of my favorite quick meals. I had pan fried salmon with rosemary and lime over steamed rice and buttered carrots.
It was just this year that I started to pan fry salmon. That can be so quick and so good. I did it with some Copper River Sockeye. What kind of salmon did you use?

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member
I'm having left over braised steak and onion with mash and fresh sourdough bread. But it will be either an early dinner or late lunch. We've been eating about 2ish of late because I seem to sleep better for some reason

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
God shall make beef bacon? I knew there was something wrong with that guy.
Beef bacon is the same body part on a cow. Traditionally it would not be cooked that way. Some genius that understood anatomy said to himself "Hmmm, I wonder if I can make bacon from this?" And it is not bad at all. It is a bit pricey. The taste is somewhat similar to beef jerky, but nowhere near as chewy.

Spice

StewardshipPeaceIntergityCommunityEquality
I'm trying something new tonight. I've never been impressed with Whiting, though a lot is sold from my grocery. I like my fish "fishy" as a general rule, usually choosing fresh water varieties over salt water, but I like trying new things.

So tonight, I'm baking Whiting filets with garlic pepper, sea salt, and paprika to be served over pan roasted asparagus spears with lemon butter sauce.

Keep your fingers crossed that I've hit on a keeper recipe.

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member
I'm trying something new tonight. I've never been impressed with Whiting, though a lot is sold from my grocery. I like my fish "fishy" as a general rule, usually choosing fresh water varieties over salt water, but I like trying new things.

So tonight, I'm baking Whiting filets with garlic pepper, sea salt, and paprika to be served over pan roasted asparagus spears with lemon butter sauce.

Keep your fingers crossed that I've hit on a keeper recipe.

Whiting is one of my favourite fish but what I call whiting is probably a completely different thing to what you call whiting. There's a few different varieties but Sand Whiting is the most common where I live.