• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What's For Dinner?

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Pork steaks with apple sauce, minted new potatoes, carots and broccoli.

Coffee eclairs.

crossfire

LHP Mercuræn Feminist Heretic Bully ☿
Premium Member
Santa Claus melon, sliced banana, and blueberries sprinkled with some of my chai masala and a scoop of french vanilla ice cream. (I wish I had some lemon sherbet and pretzels instead of the french vanilla and chai spice)

Last edited:

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
So you had a hamburger? Lol
1721152939184.png

It is not bad, but I still prefer pork bacon and it is not quite twice the price of pork bacon. I had to try it. That pack was $7.49 on sale. It is the same cut as pork bacon just from cows.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Huh.... I've never heard of that or seen it. And I've been working in a grocery store for..... Three weeks lmao
It was one of the ads in Safeway's weekly ad. And I had to try it. I actually got two packs at half price. I need to cook it or freeze the second one by tomorrow. I might just do beef bacon and eggs. I like the beef flavor. What I do not like is the price and the excess fat. Did you know that lard (which is essentially what bacon grease is) is rated as a "healthy fat"? Beef fat is not. If I get regular bacon I will save the fat and use it elsewhere. I won't do that with beef bacon and that practically doubles the price right there. I am throwing away fat that I would use in other dishes. For example when I make chili I use extremely lean beef and use bacon fat as an oil. Waste not want not. Oh and tacos too. It definitely ups the game of the meat. I don't use a lot so it is far leaner than regular hamburger. But the meat is not dry and tasteless as a result.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Provencial quiche with 3 salads (lettuce, tomato, bell pepper - quinoa raisins and almonds - potato salad)

Shop bought petits gâteaux

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I used my second packet of Beef Bacon to make a spaghetti carbonara. All that I can say is "Oh my Gawd!" I was not very impressed with it in a BLT sandwich, but it did work in carbonara.