• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

When Can Someone Change His or Her Consent to Sex?

Me Myself

Back to my username
You're reading too much into this. Intentions matter. And it's obvious when your partner is listening to you and when they aren't.

If I've told my husband that something doesn't feel right and he needs to stop, it's evident by his reaction to what I've said, that he's heard me and he's preparing to stop. I don't have to worry.

Your analysis of seconds is ridiculous.

There's a difference between someone listening to you and heeding your objections and someone not listening to you and proceeding. Forcible penetration and contemplative pausing/stopping are two very different things.

Chill out. :)

Maybe. Someone was debating that a 700 stroke after a 699 stop meant rape and I reacted to that. Then everyone kept arguing the point which did dazzled me.

Yeah thats what I am saying, it is the intention that counts.

dawny0826

Mother Heathen
Maybe. Someone was debating that a 700 stroke after a 699 stop meant rape and I reacted to that. Then everyone kept arguing the point which did dazzled me.

Seriously, I think that maybe some people (not directed at you) aren't mature enough for sex.

Consent to sex is altered all of the time in the most casual of circumstances and in the most comfortable of relationships. This happens all the time with people who are very close to each other. Think of it in that context and use those types of relationships for pointers as to how people should respectfully be commnicated with.

Becuase, that's what this boils down to...respect. Whether you're with someone who you're in an exclusive relationship with or you're having more of a casual encounter. Respectful interaction involves communication. And if either party isn't capable of respectful and thoughtful interaction - they aren't mature enough to engage in a sexual encounter.

Me Myself

Back to my username
Seriously, I think that maybe some people (not directed at you) aren't mature enough for sex.

Consent to sex is altered all of the time in the most casual of circumstances and in the most comfortable of relationships. This happens all the time with people who are very close to each other. Think of it in that context and use those types of relationships for pointers as to how people should respectfully be commnicated with.

Becuase, that's what this boils down to...respect. Whether you're with someone who you're in an exclusive relationship with or you're having more of a casual encounter. Respectful interaction involves communication. And if either party isn't capable of respectful and thoughtful interaction - they aren't mature enough to engage in a sexual encounter.

Pretty much. Not to say consent to some sexual actions does not mean consent to any.

Alceste

Vagabond

That was Rick. You were arguing on the same side the entire time, and both of you were being ridiculous.

Me Myself

Back to my username
Everybody's telling you you're being ridiculous now. If you understand and agree that you're supposed to stop when she says stop, there's really nothing to debate.

And that is why I wonder why you debated me :shrug: I let my stand clear since the begining. If some people decided to misinterpret it there is little I can do.

dawny0826

Mother Heathen
Pretty much. Not to say consent to some sexual actions does not mean consent to any.

Again, most level-headed people who decide that they're going to enjoy each other sexually, utilize their brains to establish paramaters and then go at it in confidence.

Mature, level-headed people shouldn't have these types of problems.

Alceste

Vagabond
And that is why I wonder why you debated me :shrug: I let my stand clear since the begining. If some people decided to misinterpret it there is little I can do.

I debated you because you refused to agree without hedging that when your partner says stop you should stop, insisting instead that we all enter into a completely ludicrous discussion of exactly how many thrusts it takes for sex after consent is withdrawn to become sexual assault.

Koldo

Outstanding Member
That's ridiculous. Why not react as soon as you understand she wants you to stop? You think you're entitled to a few bonus humps? Why? What difference does it make?

That's not his point.
The few extra humps happen in the time required to understand she wants to stop and react.

Me Myself

Back to my username
That was Rick. You were arguing on the same side the entire time, and both of you were being ridiculous.

No, Rick said it didnt necessarily meant rape and I agreed to that, then people debated that position and then someone said she wanted 100% control on sex, wich honestly, neither of both participants will have it.

If she didnt meant 100% (no human accidents allowed nor two strokes slow reaction) she shouldnt have said 100% .

Me Myself

Back to my username
I debated you because you refused to agree without hedging that when your partner says stop you should stop, insisting instead that we all enter into a completely ludicrous discussion of exactly how many thrusts it takes for sex after consent is withdrawn to become sexual assault.

:facepalm:

Quote where I say one doesnt have e obligation to stop asap after consent has been withdrawn.

Me Myself

Back to my username
That's not his point.
The few extra humps happen in the time required to understand she wants to stop and react.

Pretty much.

Neither partner has 100% control on sex because human communication is not 100% efficient.

Both should try their best to understand each other and respect each other boundaries and that is a reasonable expectation and the definite duty of both.

Alceste

Vagabond
That's not his point.

Whatever. I've been with a lot of men and a few women from various walks of life with various temperaments, and I've never personally observed a noticeable lag between communicating something and being understood and reacted to. Most people even stop and check in from time to time to make sure I'm enjoying myself. So either this silliness about taking up to ten seconds to react is nonsense, or I'm an unusually good judge of character.

Alceste

Vagabond
:facepalm:

Quote where I say one doesnt have e obligation to stop asap after consent has been withdrawn.

Hey, only you know what you're arguing for. If we all agree that you should stop as soon as you understand your partner is not ok with what is happening, there's nothing to debate.

Me Myself

Back to my username
Whatever. I've been with a lot of men and a few women from various walks of life with various temperaments, and I've never personally observed a noticeable lag between communicating something and being understood and reacted to. Most people even stop and check in from time to time to make sure I'm enjoying myself. So either this silliness about taking up to ten seconds to react is nonsense, or I'm an unusually good judge of character.

I never said ten seconds. I have no chronometer nor I count during sex. I just made it clear a reaction time exists. Thats all.

idav

Being
Premium Member
No, Rick said it didnt necessarily meant rape and I agreed to that, then people debated that position and then someone said she wanted 100% control on sex, wich honestly, neither of both participants will have it.

If she didnt meant 100% (no human accidents allowed nor two strokes slow reaction) she shouldnt have said 100% .

Wow the conversation went weird in this thread. There is never time enough to stop an assault already in progress. Intent will make all the difference in such cases.