• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

When Can Someone Change His or Her Consent to Sex?

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
Not really. The question was how long should the person take to react.

How long is "immidiately"?

That is not at all irrelevant for the discussion.

As I said to anyone who cared to read, anyone can withdraw consent at any point and the other must accept such withdrawal asap.

This doesnt mean of course that the very first next penetration after consent withdrawal is rape though, because it may very well be the next step after the musice went out on a musical chairs contest.

You're drinking your morning tea and accidentally sip more than you were planning to. Your lips hurt as a result of sipping too much hot tea.

How long does it take you to carry the cup away from your mouth and stop drinking?

Edit: This is meant as a general example of how much time it would usually take someone to react to an emergency and/or something that requires immediate action, not necessarily as an analogue of "pulling out" in a specific amount of time.

Last edited:

Me Myself

Back to my username
You're drinking your morning tea and accidentally sip more than you were planning to. Your lips hurt as a result of sipping too much hot tea.

How long does it take you to carry the cup away from your mouth and stop drinking?

1- Do I need to say different parts of the brain process language than direct physical pain?

2- you never got your own thumb caught on the door slamming and took too much time to open te door again?

3- you never played a sport a long time and just sometime after the whole sport you realize you cut yourself or had a few scratches? Heck even in sex :D . Anoer example of how it works differently

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
1- Do I need to say different parts of the brain process language than direct physical pain?

2- you never got your own thumb caught on the door slamming and took too much time to ipen te door again?

1) No. As I added in my other post, the example is a general one of quick reaction. It's not necessarily one about sex.

2) I have, but I've always tried to open the door once I felt that my finger had gotten caught, not minutes later. The action itself might take more time to be completed, but it is started as soon as there's a sign of an immediate need to do so.

Okay, let's try another example: If you're driving your car and the person sitting next to you warns you that you'll run over someone crossing the street if you don't steer out of the way, do you think you'd try to steer immediately after hearing that or not?

Reverend Rick

Frubal Whore
Premium Member

Edit: This is meant as a general example of how much time it would usually take someone to react to an emergency and/or something that requires immediate action, not necessarily as an analogue of "pulling out" in a specific amount of time.

How about you are giving tea to a disabled person and texting at the same time. You would never want to burn anyone but some day you might.

Me Myself

Back to my username
1) No. As I added in my other post, the example is a general one of quick reaction. It's not necessarily one about sex.

2) I have, but I've always tried to open the door once I felt that my finger had gotten caught, not minutes later. The action itself might take more time to be completed, but it is started as soon as there's a sign of an immediate need to do so.

Okay, let's try another example: If you're driving your car and the person sitting next to you warns you that you'll run over someone crossing the street if you don't steer out of the way, do you think you'd try to steer immediately after hearing that or not?

o_O i never said minutes later.

I merely said a pair new thrusts may not be intentional, but slow reaction, thats all.

As I said many times cluding I think the post you quoted, it is one's obligation to stop asap.

Wat I am sang is that the P in asap is a variable, not a constant meaning "instantly as a switch"

So to answer the question, sure, I would try o so immidiately, but if .i have to do an immidiate withuot ANY warning stop oa car, I was most likely ninety nine times out of a hundred not paying attention on the road in the first place.

On the other hand, I had a friend who was pleasuring me and. She is very attentive and generous on sex, I told her stop and it took her a pair of painful for me seconds as she did. I wasnt mad with her, it wasnt her fault. I was more sensible to that than other sex partners she had before me, and ñi caught her completely off guard because sex many times doesnt have a yellow light.

Reverend Rick

Frubal Whore
Premium Member
Have you ever seen a dog continue to hump even after he was removed from the humpee? Still humping and walking at the same time? :eek:

Reverend Rick

Frubal Whore
Premium Member
How about getting a rug burn on your knees while having sex on the carpet. Men ignore their own pain while having sex.

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
How about you are giving tea to a disabled person and texting at the same time. You would never want to burn anyone but some day you might.

Then I would be careless for doing those two things at the same time.

I'm not sure what that has to do with the example I gave earlier, though.

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
o_O i never said minutes later.

I merely said a pair new thrusts may not be intentional, but slow reaction, thats all.

As I said many times cluding I think the post you quoted, it is one's obligation to stop asap.

Wat I am sang is that the P in asap is a variable, not a constant meaning "instantly as a switch"

So to answer the question, sure, I would try o so immidiately, but if .i have to do an immidiate withuot ANY warning stop oa car, I was most likely ninety nine times out of a hundred not paying attention on the road in the first place.

On the other hand, I had a friend who was pleasuring me and. She is very attentive and generous on sex, I told her stop and it took her a pair of painful for me seconds as she did. I wasnt mad with her, it wasnt her fault. I was more sensible to that than other sex partners she had before me, and ñi caught her completely off guard because sex many times doesnt have a yellow light.

So, you agree that the best thing to do when someone asks another person to stop doing X is for that other person to stop doing X (which might take a certain interval of time in the case of some activities).

If so, then what are you trying to argue? You still seem to disagree with the examples I gave in one way or another.

dust1n

Zindīq
If you thought I would like my genitals chomped down on, it might be reasonable but you know your example is bull poop. No means No and stop means stop and any caring person would stop as quickly as possible.

If you had sex with an uncaring person, it should be your last time having sex with them.

But this thread is about rape and where the line is drawn.

Have you ever ran a red light? Should you go to prison for this?

No, but if you crash into someone, you should be held liable.

dust1n

Zindīq
Wow, I can't believe I came back to this thread nine hours later, to find about 90 posts almost entirely about the various sociological, physiological, or metaphysical theories to why it's totally okay to inseminate a woman against her will.

...I think I might just let this topic fester on its own. I don't even have the ability to take this thread to a place of less taste.

dust1n

Zindīq
Debating with you in this thread is like trying to nail jello to a tree.

Worse; it's like being requested the task and then given a jello nail, a jello hammer, and you're being pointed to a jello tree (that is, a tree made entirely of tree, not a tree that grows jello).

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
Worse; it's like being requested the task and then given a jello nail, a jello hammer, and you're being pointed to a jello tree (that is, a tree made entirely of tree, not a tree that grows jello).

And doing this all with hands made of jello?

I'm suddenly hungry for strawberry jello now.... :p

Me Myself

Back to my username
So, you agree that the best thing to do when someone asks another person to stop doing X is for that other person to stop doing X (which might take a certain interval of time in the case of some activities).

Yes, there is not one single post of mine anyone can quote that says otherwise. Also that is the very affirmation I make in all of them.

If so, then what are you trying to argue? You still seem to disagree with the examples I gave in one way or another.

I dont know what some people are trying to argue.

I note that asap doesnt always mean instantly as a switch, which for some reason some people seem to be trying to argue, but then they seem to be saying of course it doesnt mean that, it is totally obvious what are you arguing?

Last edited:

Me Myself

Back to my username
No, but if you crash into someone, you should be held liable.

The analogy with driving would be more accurate if you made it a very long road where you need to stop the car instantly whenever a red light shines in, when this right lights can appear literally anywhere at any time, with no yellow light before it and just puffing a cm away from your current location while you are at 120km an hour.

Sure you ll hit the breakas as soon as you see the red light, but the car will slide depending on the speed.

ChristineES

Tiggerism
Premium Member
I just think if you don't want to have sex in the first place, don't do it. Stopping half way is possible, but pretty d***** hard.