• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

When will Jesus return?

FFH

Veteran Member
im more than interested in knowing him. why dosent he come to me? a chance to meet jesus, who would pass that up?

wouldnt the entire world be interested meeting their lord and savior? why dosent he come to all of us?
He comes to us, he talks to us, but most do not listen or see him, because they don't even believe in him.

When you are in his presence you begin to weep uncontrollably because he is so holy.

Prophecy: Who wants to know

Last edited:

logician

One interesting point here is that if you believe that Jesus will return, and believe in the Trinity, then Jesus must be a totally separate entity from god the father to himself return to earth, not the "three-in-one-" deal we get in Trinity logic.

Azakel

Liebe ist für alle da
He comes to us, he talks to us, but most do not listen or see him, because they don't even believe in him.

When you are in his presence you begin to weep uncontrollably because he is so holy.

Prophecy: Who wants to know

Amaterasu does the same thing FFH, you should know this you lived in Japan for what 2 years right? She is so holy it's hard to be in here presence, so beautiful, for her name mean "That which Illuminates Heaven".
Kojiki-Craft-Amaterasu.JPG

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
My theory is, is just stop tyring to guess when. Many have attempted to, and all have failed. Jesus even said that "neither myself nor the angels in Heaven know the day, but only the father knows." That being said, it becomes rather pointless to even guess. I think there was something in the Bible about Jesus also saying that people who claim to know are false prophets.

Dirty Penguin

Master Of Ceremony
Asking when Jesus will return is like asking when santa will return. Not in the sense that they are affiliated with the same December date, but because the use of the word "returning" implies that he was here at one point. And implying that he was on earth at one point also implies his existence. Did a man named Jesus exist 2000 years ago? possibly, but I can assure you that if he did, he was no son of God or miracle worker in any way. Just a normal walking human that came about through the same evolutionary process as all humans have. Only with him, false stories have been tied to his name to create a focal point for a deluded group of people (and most of these stories, everything from the virgin birth, to walking on water, to death and resurrection, are parallel to the stories of the Egyptian god Horus, and all records of Horus have been historically proven to pre-date christ, so if any "borrowing" of information was done to fill out the character of the other, it was the authors of christianity who did the borrowing. Luckily ancient Egyptians didn't take plagiarism too harshly.) Common sense and logic dictates that there is no possible way God could exist. There is no proof of him, although if anybody finds some feel free to let me know and i'll believe. And please don't feed me the line that we just need faith in him though we may not see or understand. It's obvious that the creators of christianity realized that their religion was somewhat ridiculous and that they would have trouble getting people to follow them unless they could be taught blind, ignorant, faith. But yeah, long story short, the son of God is not returning to this earth because no God exists to have ever had a son to have sent in the first place.

That's why the stories in the bible that were thought to be real...we're now being told were metaphor (allegory)...WELL...So is the stories of Jesus...(They're Allegory)...

Last edited:

FFH

Veteran Member
Amaterasu does the same thing FFH, you should know this you lived in Japan for what 2 years right? She is so holy it's hard to be in here presence, so beautiful, for her name mean "That which Illuminates Heaven".
Amaterasu is a made up goddess that doesn't exist.

Azakel

Liebe ist für alle da
Amaterasu is a made up goddess that doesn't exist.

Say you, nut what do you know. Why is it that you feel like you have the right to tell other that about there gods? But when someone does it to your god they ignorant and don't what they're talking about? I love the Hypocrisy that is in Christianity.
Edit: Oh and I love how ignorant you are about a culture where you say you lived 2 years in. How can you know jack about a place you lived in that long.

FFH

Veteran Member
Say you, nut what do you know. Why is it that you feel like you have the right to tell other that about there gods? But when someone does it to your god they ignorant and don't what they're talking about? I love the Hypocrisy that is in Christianity.
Edit: Oh and I love how ignorant you are about a culture where you say you lived 2 years in. How can you know jack about a place you lived in that long.
I'm not going to study man made false gods and goddesses of Shinto or any other religion. It's a complete waste of my time.

Whether they are real people or not, they are still false gods and goddesses, having no powers to save anyone.

Last edited:

Azakel

Liebe ist für alle da
I'm not going to study man made false gods and goddesses of Shinto or any other religion. It's a complete waste of my time.

Whether they are real people or not, they are still false gods and goddesses, having no powers to save anyone.

Your ignorance only keeps you in the dark and fuels the Hatred you hold for everything you turn you noise up at. You're nothing but a self-righteous bigot(and yes that word does fit for you have this hate for other religions just for being something other then Christian). If you wish to stay in your own little shell of a world and praying to your Jewish Zombie then go ahead. And before anyone says I'm insulting him and Jesus, Jewish Zombie is no more insulting them my gods being called Man-made False gods or Demons, which is what he has done nothing but call them since I have joined this site. Respect is gone in till one can earn it back.

linwood

Seriously though, Logician is right.

I always get a kick out of this question because the obvious answer is either

A; Jesus lied and he didn`t come back when he said he would.
B; Jesus came back when he said he would, you missed it.
Sorry.

Scripturally speaking of course.
:)

BruceDLimber

[E]ven I know enough about the Bible to know that the Bible is very clear that when Jesus returns, all will know....

Funny thing: that's what the Jewish scriptures prophesied about the FIRST coming, too! (I refer you to Isaiah's "All flesh will see it together.")

Didn't happen then, either, which indicates to many of us that this can't be taken literally and in fact means something else!

I'm just saying if you believe in God, read his book a little before commenting

Fear not: I've read the whole thing and have been studying it all my life! I've even indexed several books about Biblical prophecies and edited several others--nor am I alone in my conviction that the promised Return already happened about a century and a half ago!

I've read many other books of scripture, too, that also support all this, and remain quite confident about it, thank you.

Peace,

Bruce

Jakaceel

Minister of Christ
I thought the scriptures said that Jeus said that all things would be fulfilled in his generation, not some 2K+ years hence.

Jesus was saying that the generation that would see all those things (Matthew 24) would not pass until all things be fulfilled. It was not his generation, but a future one.

Copernicus

Industrial Strength Linguist
Jesus was saying that the generation that would see all those things (Matthew 24) would not pass until all things be fulfilled. It was not his generation, but a future one.

No, that is not what Matthew 24 says. You have Jesus saying essentially "The last generation--and nobody knows when that will come--will not pass until the end." That is essentially saying nothing at all. It is a tautology. No generation will know whether the end will come until they actually see that it has come. But what verse 34 actually says is: "Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled." The author has Jesus saying that the audience's generation will be the one to experience the dire events in the narrative.

The point was to scare people at that time into joining the cause, not people in the 21st century. But, since the end clearly didn't come, the text has been "repurposed" by every generation since then to create a sense of imminent apocalypse. Amazingly, it still works on some in the 21st century.

Last edited:

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
Jesus is real.
And if Jesus and the Biblical God are real, I want nothing to do with either one of them. Especially considering all the blood that has been shed on God's account, which includes his own son's.