• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

When will Jesus return?

The point to note in my view is that Jesus wanted us to understand that he was not the one to restore all things, but all things will be restored. His job would be completed and the things he spoke about will not come to pass because they were not to be fulfilled by him or by the people of his time. But rest assure they will be fulfilled -that was his main point as quoted in Matt. 24. It's prophecy -to be accomplished for a future time -"so this generation shall not pass" didn't meant Jesus present day but a time to come, maybe it's sooner than we think.

Cordoba

The best answer to this question is to do one's best to make this place a better world, through justice that leads to peace (social justice, economical justice, political justice and all types of justice which lead to all types of peace in society and eventually in the world)

When Jesus will return is something we don't know when will happen. Maybe next year, maybe 100 years from now

It's like asking when will The Day of Judgement take place?

Nobody knows except God ....

Right now, working towards establishing justice for peace is what we all need to do ...

Beaudreaux

I know for a fact that Jesus will return, because i believe in the scriptures. What i don't know is why his return is taking this long... can it be suggested he cannot return on his own will power but until all things be fulfilled by the greater power as written? ([FONT=Times New Roman,Times,Times Roman]Acts 3:20-21[/FONT]). "My understanding here is that Jesus came and completed his mission on earth that he was sent to do and will return someday, but his return would not come until the Almighty God himself restores all things."
Didn't he die like 2,000 years ago?

Fine. It may however not be as simple as you make it sound or i can assure you, that you would not be making much sense at all. Did you say use that word justice... oh that's a serious word to start with my friend. Change usually comes with intense sacrifice, descent and much much rejection and tribulation look at the life of great men then and now that fought for it.

Jesus return should not be the main focus because there is a greater than Jesus who Jesus himself says has to restore all things and therefore the focus should be on him. Matt 17:10-11

Maybe, a thousand years to man is like one day to God perhaps that's why it looks this long. But my religious ambition is not to wait on Jesus but to proclaim the acceptable time of God Almighty.

DavyCrocket2003

Before Christ comes again, there must be a "restitution of all things." This is clearly stated in Acts 3:21. The question then becomes, what does "the restitution of all things" refer to?

That is exactly what i mean, he came to do a work and it has ended. He possessed the fullness of the God head bodily -in other words his spirit and power was not limited, the Almighty God who Jesus prayed too gave him that power in order for him to fulfill his duty. Might sound a little confusing in relation to contemporary teachings but it's true.

The restitution of all things my can be easily understood and accepted if our eyes are opened to reality. Religion today is confusion with all manner of beliefs, some in idols and the list may go on. Ongoing wars, crimes, spiritual wickedness in the churches i may never end to continue naming the ills that God himself has to fixed. You have to understand that inasmuch as Jesus was that great he couldn't restore all things and he made that clear Matt. 17:10-11 he said certain things his father had put in his own power. I hope that answers the ques a lil bit. but i would love to engage in private discussion if you care to.

DavyCrocket2003

Yeah....but it's still a thousand years to us. And WE'RE the ones doing the wating. Well...some of us....
Well, waiting isn't that bad really. I mean, I love life! I hope he comes soon, but I don't mind if it's a few thousand more years (though I really doubt it will be).

Copernicus

Industrial Strength Linguist
The point to note in my view is that Jesus wanted us to understand that he was not the one to restore all things, but all things will be restored. His job would be completed and the things he spoke about will not come to pass because they were not to be fulfilled by him or by the people of his time. But rest assure they will be fulfilled -that was his main point as quoted in Matt. 24. It's prophecy -to be accomplished for a future time -"so this generation shall not pass" didn't meant Jesus present day but a time to come, maybe it's sooner than we think.

Jesus had the choice of using words that would express his meaning clearly. It made no sense that he would have used the words "this generation" to refer to any other generation than that of the audience that he was speaking to. He could have said "a future generation", but he didn't. In hindsight, of course, if Christians are to maintain faith in the words he used, then they cannot take the text too literally. That would lead to the unacceptable conclusion that he was making a false prophecy.

logician

Of course Jesus was talking about his generation, not some time 2k+ years hence. People don't think that far ahead now, and they didn't then.

A

angellous_evangellous

Of course Jesus was talking about his generation, not some time 2k+ years hence. People don't think that far ahead now, and they didn't then.

I thought Jesus didn't exist so it doesn't matter. :shrug:

Dang you changed your tune.

Jesus had the choice of using words that would express his meaning clearly. It made no sense that he would have used the words "this generation" to refer to any other generation than that of the audience that he was speaking to. He could have said "a future generation", but he didn't. In hindsight, of course, if Christians are to maintain faith in the words he used, then they cannot take the text too literally. That would lead to the unacceptable conclusion that he was making a false prophecy.

I figured that's why the scribes and pharisees was always questioning the things he thaught. He spake in parables not everything he said was meant for everyone to understand. Eg. st John 8:56-58 before moses were i am -tell me was that meant to be taken literal? I and my Father are one: was that literal? Of course my friend Jesus hath the choice of using words to express his meaning clearly, and he did -but it took more than carnal interpretation to understand or accept.

Copernicus

Industrial Strength Linguist
I figured that's why the scribes and pharisees was always questioning the things he thaught. He spake in parables not everything he said was meant for everyone to understand. Eg. st John 8:56-58 before moses were i am -tell me was that meant to be taken literal? I and my Father are one: was that literal? Of course my friend Jesus hath the choice of using words to express his meaning clearly, and he did -but it took more than carnal interpretation to understand or accept.

Unfortunately, the Trinity chose to make us beings with a carnal interpretation, so we can hardly be blamed if we behave according to specifications.