• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Which Jesus is the right one?

Ebionite

And trying to pretend that Galileans were required to take part in a Judean census is just spin.
No, it's not. It's central to the political conflict of the Judean nationalism of Nazareth and accomodation to Rome of the Pharisees and other religious leaders.

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
Like that's an official Act.

You said to find the word “sin” in major news outlets. I found three real quick. Did I satisfy the conditions?

So you have no interest in seeing them?
Paul wrote down many!

I believe I asked for the list.

So you would not answer my question, about supporting a medical service throughout your land.
So much for your talk, eh?

You haven’t answered any of my questions. I hardly think you are at a place to throw another “move the goal post” question.
He was carrying a tv, so you grabbed the cart? !!!!!
You had entered the store before you grabbed his cart and you're trying to tell me that he was stealing?

He was… and he left.
Oh dear........... so much for your claims.

???
You couldn't have been sure about what he was doing....he hadn't left the store!

Oh… believe me, it was quite obvious. He wasn’t going out through the checkout lane and he left. But I did answer your question of “what would I do if a person crossed the line.

I arrested more thieves than you ever thought of.
It doesn't matter what your work was.
???
You didn't answer the question!
What would you do?
Exactly?
I did… and answered exactly, now… what would you do? Oh, wait a minute, I asked that question and a plethora of others and you never answered. Whatsup?
Every Christian on rf is a Christian to me.
I think you should be a christian from now on.
Fair enough?

You completely lost me in this statement.

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
No, it's not. It's central to the political conflict of the Judean nationalism of Nazareth and accomodation to Rome of the Pharisees and other religious leaders.
Oh come on.......that was just dreamed up.
Antipas had his own revenue system in Perea and Galilee and all he had to do was pay regular tribute to Rome. If he had wanted a census then he would have ordered it.
The census only covered those provinces previously run by Herod Archelaus.... Idumea, Judea and Samaria.

NB. The Pharisees were not leaders.

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
You said to find the word “sin” in major news outlets. I found three real quick. Did I satisfy the conditions?
No Kenny, you didn't.
Which of those is a national newspaper?
Again......the word 'sin' is mostly a religious 'it' word ....it's theological rhetoric mostly.
Oh… believe me, it was quite obvious. He wasn’t going out through the checkout lane and he left. But I did answer your question of “what would I do if a person crossed the line.
You fluffed the question so obviously.
And now you've got him outside the store !!!! :facepalm:

Such bluffs.....really.
Just leave it all to professionals who are insured for all risks.
I did… and answered exactly, now… what would you do? Oh, wait a minute, I asked that question and a plethora of others and you never answered.
I won't wait a minute, Kenny. I think you've answered my questions but certainly not in any way that you hoped for.
You completely lost me in this statement.
Some advice.
Give other folk's religions a capital letter, at least.

You were sent a whole bunch of laws layed down by Jesus, Peter and Paul and you've neither acknowledged or commented on one.
It just goes to show how little you really know about it all.

I think we're finished, yes?

Kenny

Premium Member
No Kenny, you didn't.
Which of those is a national newspaper?
Again......the word 'sin' is mostly a religious 'it' word ....it's theological rhetoric mostly.

I did… NY Times. And then major news outlets like BBC. Denying the reality that it is used and trying to laser it even smaller doesn’t help your point

You fluffed the question so obviously.
And now you've got him outside the store !!!! :facepalm:
Nope :)
Such bluffs.....really.
Just leave it all to professionals who are insured for all risks.

I won't wait a minute, Kenny. I think you've answered my questions but certainly not in any way that you hoped for.

Some advice.
Give other folk's religions a capital letter, at least.

You were sent a whole bunch of laws layed down by Jesus, Peter and Paul and you've neither acknowledged or commented on one.
It just goes to show how little you really know about it all.

I think we're finished, yes?
Yes… :) we are definitely finished in as much as you didn’t prove your point, dodged, two stepped and ignored every answer/question :)

It has been an interesting banter.

Kenny

Premium Member
But one Jesus tells that riches cannot lead to your heaven......several times.
But many wealthy Christians can show that Jesus approves of usury, wealth etc.

Then, in reality, you haven’t grasped what he was saying?

Riches doesn’t get you to Heaven. But did he say “riches are evil?” No. Otherwise Abraham would have been evil.

God doesn’t approve of usury and if Christians commit usury they would have “missed the mark” - or “sinned".

Zacchaeus was a rich man but Jesus didn’t have a problem with it because he helped the poor and gave restitution to where he “missed the mark” or “sinned”.

Wealth doesn’t translate into “usury”. For that matter, you are wealthy too and I don’t believe you have committed usury!

Last edited:

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
Then, in reality, you haven’t grasped what he was saying?

Riches doesn’t get you to Heaven. But did he say “riches are evil?” No. Otherwise Abraham would have been evil.
Ha ha! Perfect example of how to dodge the words of that Jesus.

Luv it. ;)

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
Nope :)

Yes… :) we are definitely finished in as much as you didn’t prove your point, dodged, two stepped and ignored every answer/question :)
You couldn't have known it, but your delightful account of how you stopped a man carrying a television towards a store's entrance was one of the many questions that I first selected for trainee retail security officers in the 90s.

Those more inclined to getting in to legal or physical difficulties showed themselves very quickly.

And I laughed out loud as your bad man failed to even reach the store's doors before you accused him of being a thief. And his arms became a selections trolley. A theft cannot be proved where the property did not leave the store. Supply contractors' staff had often been accosted, insulted, assaulted when delivering, moving or removing items.

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
I did… NY Times. And then major news outlets like BBC. Denying the reality that it is used and trying to laser it even smaller doesn’t help your point
Just think........whenever you use the word 'sin' in speech you are highly likely to be speaking in some religious or theological mindset.

It's just how that would is used.

Kenny

Premium Member
Just think........whenever you use the word 'sin' in speech you are highly likely to be speaking in some religious or theological mindset.

It's just how that would is used.

Yet still true. :) And news outlets use it. (As my links showed)

Last edited:

Kenny

Premium Member
You couldn't have known it, but your delightful account of how you stopped a man carrying a television towards a store's entrance was one of the many questions that I first selected for trainee retail security officers in the 90s.

Those more inclined to getting in to legal or physical difficulties showed themselves very quickly.

And I laughed out loud as your bad man failed to even reach the store's doors before you accused him of being a thief. And his arms became a selections trolley. A theft cannot be proved where the property did not leave the store. Supply contractors' staff had often been accosted, insulted, assaulted when delivering, moving or removing items.

Were you there? Are you saying that because I stopped him before he left the store, he wasn’t trying to steal it when he was pushing the cart towards almost exiting the store? And left when I said, “You don’t want to do this?” (I used to work in retail and caught quite a few people stealing - it isn’t like I don’t know what I am seeing)

And all of this when you asked, “What would you do if they crossed the line”?

You are way too funny.

Now… let me see if you will answer the question...

What would you do if someone was going out the door with a TV without paying for it? Let me see if you will actually answer the question this time.

Last edited:

Kenny

Premium Member
I don't think that you do simply read, Kenny.
I've offered to show you 1050 laws/rules written by Paul or spoken by Jesus, and you've ignored the first batch of quotes.
I’ve asked for the list… another unanswered request..

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
I’ve asked for the list… another unanswered request..
You did.....and then you couldn't bring yourself to acknowledge the first bunch of that list.
At 50 per post it would take 21 posts to deliver all.... Yes, I think your 'ask' can go unheeded.

Your only laws so far have been:
Post 141:
We have two laws… love God and love your neighbor.

......and you can't have gathered any from the apostles or Jesus, but I'll bet that you would be quoting laws if it suited. That's the thing......I don't believe in you.

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
No, it's from Robert Eisenman.
I'm sorry Ebionite, I'm old and stupid and can't remember what you are referring to with your post, above.
Can you tell me more because to go back and read through the posts will take ages.

I'll Google Eisenman ....that might set me right. :)