• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Which text from the Christian Bible uniquely proves that Jesus is Almighty God?

amazing grace

why are you here ?? you speak as being of the antichrist ?
its true the man Jesus was born human as there was a need for him to be the equal to the first man Adam. .(.likely another thing you don't like to hear)

putting all the scriptures together they read that yes Jesus had an existence from so long ago it's hard to even imagine .
Just because I don't agree with the teaching of the preexistent Christ does not make me an antichrist.
Who is the liar but he who denies that Jesus is the Christ? This is the antichrist, he who denies the Father and the Son. 1 John 2:22
. . . and every spirit that does not confess Jesus is not from God. This is the spirit of the antichrist, which you heard was coming and now is in the world already. 1 John 4:3

I agree that Jesus was the second Adam - human. Again, it all lies in our understanding of scripture.

amazing grace

It may be hard to imagine how it happened biologically, but do you agree that Mary did not have relations with a man when she conceived Jesus in her womb?
I agree that it is hard to imagine exactly the HOW but we do know that Jesus was conceived miraculously, i.e. by a miracle.
Correct, Mary DID NOT have relations with a man.

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
I agree that it is hard to imagine exactly the HOW but we do know that Jesus was conceived miraculously, i.e. by a miracle.
Correct, Mary DID NOT have relations with a man.
Considering the circumstances, yes, it was a miracle. :)

jimb

Premium Member
Yes there is lesser Gods, Exodus 4:16, 7:1 explains Moses is as God to Pharaoh.

Moses was sent by God, given power by God, given instructions by God, given authority by God. But there is still one Almighty God.

If we listen to all Jesus words, Jesus was sent by God, given power by God, given God's will, did nothing on his own, Jesus was given all authority and Jesus says the Father has given him, to have life within himself.
There is an important word in this sentence: Moses is as God to Pharaoh. It doesn't say that Moses was a god, but that he seemed to be that way to Pharaoh.

Jesus status is altogether different. He became a human via normal birth, was born of the Holy Spirit, performed many supernatural miracles, taught correctly from the OT scrolls, and debated with the Pharisees and Sadducees about the the meaning of God's words and His power.

The difference was that Moses seemed to be "a god" to Pharaoh, whereas Jesus was directly commissioned by God to carry out His work.

cataway

Just because I don't agree with the teaching of the preexistent Christ does not make me an antichrist.
Who is the liar but he who denies that Jesus is the Christ? This is the antichrist, he who denies the Father and the Son. 1 John 2:22
. . . and every spirit that does not confess Jesus is not from God. This is the spirit of the antichrist, which you heard was coming and now is in the world already. 1 John 4:3

I agree that Jesus was the second Adam - human. Again, it all lies in our understanding of scripture.
aaahhh but you are willing to say this or that did not happen. Jesus said it did happen which means it did happen.

YoursTrue

There is an important word in this sentence: Moses is as God to Pharaoh. It doesn't say that Moses was a god, but that he seemed to be that way to Pharaoh.

Jesus status is altogether different. He became a human via normal birth, was born of the Holy Spirit, performed many supernatural miracles, taught correctly from the OT scrolls, and debated with the Pharisees and Sadducees about the the meaning of God's words and His power.

The difference was that Moses seemed to be "a god" to Pharaoh, whereas Jesus was directly commissioned by God to carry out His work.
Douay-Rheims Bible
And the Lord said to Moses: Behold I have appointed thee the God of Pharao: and Aaron thy brother shall be thy prophet.

English Revised Version
And the LORD said unto Moses, See, I have made thee a god to Pharaoh: and Aaron thy brother shall be thy prophet.

GOD'S WORD® Translation
The LORD answered Moses, "I have made you a god to Pharaoh, and your brother Aaron is your prophet.

Good News Translation
The LORD said, "I am going to make you like God to the king, and your brother Aaron will speak to him as your prophet.
(Exodus 7:1)

Sargonski

How is Jesus the second Adam ? certainly nothing that relates to John would suggest such a thing. I don't understand how we are getting from A to B. The only way I can half see a connection is that EL (Sumerian Enlil ) was one of the Gods who partook in the creation of "Man" .. what the creators called The Adamu .. These creator God's are the "Like Us" and "In Our image" in Genesis ... page one (1)

Most folks do not make it through understanding of the first page.. of the book .. thus any connections to Jesus would be born out of a misunderstanding of the text .. straight off the hop.

Now .. EL was one of the creator Gods .. who ended up as the Most High God of the Canaanites and thus was the Most High God of Abraham.
Now .. El is also the God that Jesus follows .. as opposed to the one he calls .... The Devil .. who we might refer to as the Anti- Christ for a number of reasons .. that one is the National God of the Israelites YHWH ... and its nasty twin named Jealous..

Now .. EL is the God who adopts Jesus as a man of 30 .. puts him through the trial where he is tested by one of the Sons of God .. a very powerful God and favorite of The Most High God .. somehow has become chief God over the earth according to the author of Matt.

So the Adamu ---were the first humans .. a hybrid race of beings which were a mix of some primative earth creature and a God. ..

Fast forward and we have EL adopting one of these humans ... in the way Sargon of Akkad was adopted by a God ... went on to unite the city states of Mesopotamia into the worlds first empire ~ 2300 BC .. Sargon did .... so can see perhaps some relation possibility there ? but don't get the relation to the creation of the Adamu.

now the Adam in the Garden .. don't even want to go there .. but perhaps you have made some connection there ? I can't see it.

YoursTrue

How is Jesus the second Adam ? certainly nothing that relates to John would suggest such a thing. I don't understand how we are getting from A to B. The only way I can half see a connection is that EL (Sumerian Enlil ) was one of the Gods who partook in the creation of "Man" .. what the creators called The Adamu .. These creator God's are the "Like Us" and "In Our image" in Genesis ... page one (1)

Most folks do not make it through understanding of the first page.. of the book .. thus any connections to Jesus would be born out of a misunderstanding of the text .. straight off the hop.

Now .. EL was one of the creator Gods .. who ended up as the Most High God of the Canaanites and thus was the Most High God of Abraham.
Now .. El is also the God that Jesus follows .. as opposed to the one he calls .... The Devil .. who we might refer to as the Anti- Christ for a number of reasons .. that one is the National God of the Israelites YHWH ... and its nasty twin named Jealous..

Now .. EL is the God who adopts Jesus as a man of 30 .. puts him through the trial where he is tested by one of the Sons of God .. a very powerful God and favorite of The Most High God .. somehow has become chief God over the earth according to the author of Matt.

So the Adamu ---were the first humans .. a hybrid race of beings which were a mix of some primative earth creature and a God. ..

Fast forward and we have EL adopting one of these humans ... in the way Sargon of Akkad was adopted by a God ... went on to unite the city states of Mesopotamia into the worlds first empire ~ 2300 BC .. Sargon did .... so can see perhaps some relation possibility there ? but don't get the relation to the creation of the Adamu.

now the Adam in the Garden .. don't even want to go there .. but perhaps you have made some connection there ? I can't see it.
Jesus was miraculously formed in Mary's womb and was born without sin attached to his body. Adam became a sinner and passed sin on to all his offspring. Jesus was trasnferred from heavenly life (sinless) to earthly life as a human, also born without sin. Therefore he was the "second Adam," but with a difference. Adam sinned; Jesus did not.

Sargonski

Jesus was miraculously formed in Mary's womb and was born without sin attached to his body. Adam became a sinner and passed sin on to all his offspring. Jesus was trasnferred from heavenly life (sinless) to earthly life as a human, also born without sin. Therefore he was the "second Adam," but with a difference. Adam sinned; Jesus did not.

OK -- I agree that procreation is a miraculous process ... and that babies are born without sin. Adam - as you infer- was born without sin .. later he became a sinner .. like all the rest of those born .. including Jesus ... and thus all humans are "second adam's" including Jesus.

Sorry ... I am not finding what you are saying in the Bible .. the original story of Jesus does not have a miraculous birth .... "No virgin Birth" .. nor do the gospels in general speak of Jesus as wholely without sin. Jesus himself says he is not good = not sinless. Jesus violates the Law of YHWH .. and Lord Jealous .. in the infancy gospel Jesus kills a child for no good reason ..

amazing grace

aaahhh but you are willing to say this or that did not happen. Jesus said it did happen which means it did happen.
I never said something did not happen.

Whether something is literal or figurative in language does not mean that something did not happen or is not true.

amazing grace

Jesus is compared to "the first man Adam" and referred to as the "last Adam" in 1 Cor. 15. What I consider to be the "like us" and "in our image" God is speaking to his heavenly court (council) the angels.
I believe that Almighty God, Yahweh, is the creator and He is a jealous God in the fact that he does not want us worshipping other gods or have any other gods before him. I believe that there is a devil who WAS an angel who rebelled against God.

I believe Adam and Eve to be very much the first human beings NOT "hybrids".

I do not believe Jesus to be adopted but actually conceived and born of a woman as told us in Matthew 1:20-23 and in Luke 1:31-33.

In Romans 5 when comparing Adam and Jesus Christ, Adam was said to be "a type of the one who was to come". Maybe by reading Romans 5 one could see a connection.

YoursTrue

OK -- I agree that procreation is a miraculous process ... and that babies are born without sin. Adam - as you infer- was born without sin .. later he became a sinner .. like all the rest of those born .. including Jesus ... and thus all humans are "second adam's" including Jesus.

Sorry ... I am not finding what you are saying in the Bible .. the original story of Jesus does not have a miraculous birth .... "No virgin Birth" .. nor do the gospels in general speak of Jesus as wholely without sin. Jesus himself says he is not good = not sinless. Jesus violates the Law of YHWH .. and Lord Jealous .. in the infancy gospel Jesus kills a child for no good reason ..
The only baby born without inherited sin is Jesus. Adam was an adult when he was formed. Jesus never committed a sin.

YoursTrue

Jesus did not say he was not good. He ascribed goodness to the One who taught him.

YoursTrue

I think you have that confused about El, what it means and how it pertains...but anyway, hope you have a nice day. Because just like Jesus ascribed the paramount source of goodness to his Father in heaven, I'm saying hope you have a nice day.

YoursTrue

Procreation? Are you speaking of the process of procreation regarding evolution?

cataway

the only place evolution exist is in the thinking and manufacturing of man . consider the automobile wow it has changed throughout the years

walt

Jesus is King & Mighty God Isa.9:6-7; Lk.1:32-33
Does evolution require intelligence? Google's Answer: No, evolution does not require intelligence.. No conscious choice: This process does not involve any conscious decision-making or intelligence on the part of the organism.

Was our lungs designed?

The average adult human has between 300 million and 500 million Alveoli in their lungs. Alveoli are the structural and functional units of the respiratory system, and they increase the surface area for the exchange of respiratory gases. Yes, the transfer of oxygen and carbon dioxide occurs throughout the bloodstream, primarily through the process of gas exchange where oxygen moves from the lungs into the blood and carbon dioxide moves from the blood into the lungs at the level of the alveoli, carried by red blood cells to be delivered to body tissues and then transported back to the lungs as waste.

Last edited:

YoursTrue

Just so I understand what exactly you are saying, are you referring to procreation being a miraculous process as in evolution?

Hockeycowboy

Witness for Jehovah
Premium Member
Does evolution require intelligence? Google's Answer: No, evolution does not require intelligence.. No conscious choice: This process does not involve any conscious decision-making or intelligence on the part of the organism.

Was our lungs designed?

The average adult human has between 300 million and 500 million Alveoli in their lungs. Alveoli are the structural and functional units of the respiratory system, and they increase the surface area for the exchange of respiratory gases. Yes, the transfer of oxygen and carbon dioxide occurs throughout the bloodstream, primarily through the process of gas exchange where oxygen moves from the lungs into the blood and carbon dioxide moves from the blood into the lungs at the level of the alveoli, carried by red blood cells to be delivered to body tissues and then transported back to the lungs as waste.
Great post.
You know what secular proponents of evolution call this, though?
An “argument from incredulity.”

But that’s just it! It is incredible! And incredibly complex.

Last edited:

Sargonski

I think you have that confused about El, what it means and how it pertains...but anyway, hope you have a nice day. Because just like Jesus ascribed the paramount source of goodness to his Father in heaven, I'm saying hope you have a nice day.

What is the confusion about El you think ? - did you not understand that the God of Jesus is EL .. "The Father" "Our Father who art in heaven .. hallowed be thy name" .. which is not YHWH .. at least not according to modern theological scholarship .. see Encyclopedia Brittanica "Abraham" . Abraham | Facts & Significance