• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Which text from the Christian Bible uniquely proves that Jesus is Almighty God?

mangalavara

हर हर महादेव
Premium Member
In your faith who is Jesus and how old did he live on Earth?

Hindu scriptures say nothing at all about Jesus of Nazareth. On the other hand, it was taught by Rāmakṛṣṇa Paramahaṃsa, who many (not all) Hindus accept as a divine incarnation, that Jesus of Nazareth was a divine incarnation. Other than that, there are really no details or other claims about Jesus. To us, divine incarnations have been countless.

walt

Jesus is King & Mighty God Isa.9:6-7; Lk.1:32-33
Hindu scriptures say nothing at all about Jesus of Nazareth. On the other hand, it was taught by Rāmakṛṣṇa Paramahaṃsa, who many (not all) Hindus accept as a divine incarnation, that Jesus of Nazareth was a divine incarnation. Other than that, there are really no details or other claims about Jesus. To us, divine incarnations have been countless.
Thank you so much for your reply and information.

I am trying to learn more about other faiths, could you please let me your three strongest reasons you believe the Hindu Holy Scriptures are inspired by God?

Eli G

Hindu ... To us, divine incarnations have been countless.
Interestingly, the Bahais and other Gnostic religions and philosophies have the same idea about many "manifestations of God." Even the Rosicrucians have a similar idea about the "ascended masters" and the classification of "illuminated" in other mystical groups has the same connotation.

The ideas about God and his messengers that the Israelites had 2 millennia before Christ have nothing to do with the concept of "many manifestations of the same unknown divine force." The Bible even speaks of "inspiration of demons"... something that these religions and philosophical groups seem to completely ignore.

By logical deduction, the evil that exists in the Universe cannot have originated from the same source as the good. Clean and dirty water never come from the same source. When one realizes that there are dark forces that continue to influence people and the world, one understands why there is so much confusion regarding the truth related to the true God and His purpose.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
1) The majority of texts support the doctrine of unity.

2) The interpretation of John 14:16, 20, 30 is partially as taught by Basil the Great and Saint Augustine, namely, if the relationship is permanent, it proves the doctrine of the Trinity; if it is functional missiological, it proves only the doctrine of unity.

3) The Catholic churches explicitly declare that the doctrine of the Trinity is a dogma developed philosophically in Trinitarian formulas like 2 Corinthians 13:13 {Catechism of the Catholic Church drafted after the Second Vatican Council & 249.}

4) The verses, almost all very ambiguous, that lead one to think that Jesus is "theos" (John 20:28; Rom 9:5; Phil 2:6) may only be saying that Jesus is a christological Elohim akin to (Exodus 21:6; 1 Samuel 2:25), since the Greek term "theos" God/god is interchangeable with the Hebrew term elohim in the Hebrew Bible and Septuagint.
No text from the Bible proves that Jesus is the Almighty God, because He isn't.
All texts from the Bible demonstrate that Jesus was not God.

Jesus was a Manifestation of God.

1 Timothy 3:16 And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

The verse above says that God was manifest in the flesh; it does not say that God became flesh. God cannot become flesh because God is everlastingly hidden from the eyes of men. No one has ever seen God (John 1:18, 1 John 4:12). Many people saw Jesus so that means that Jesus was not God.

Jesus manifested certain Attributes of God such as Good, Loving, Gracious, Merciful, Just, Righteous, Forgiving, and Patient, to name a few.

However, certain Attributes are unique to God. Only God is Unchanging, Impassable, Infinite, Omnipresent, Self-Existent, Self-Sufficient, and Immaterial, so nobody except God can have those attributes, and that means Jesus was not God.

Jesus was a mirror image of God's Attributes.

Colossians 1
14 In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins:
15 Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:

But Jesus was not God incarnate.

John 1:18 No man hath seen God at any time, the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him.

1 John 4:12 No man hath seen God at any time. If we love one another, God dwelleth in us, and his love is perfected in us.

Numbers 23:19 God is not a man, that he should lie; neither the son of man, that he should repent: hath he said, and shall he not do it? or hath he spoken, and shall he not make it good?

mangalavara

हर हर महादेव
Premium Member
Alright, but doesn't the trinity doctrine say that all three godpersons are equal?

The Western or Latin Trinitarian doctrine is that the three persons are co-equal and that none is 'before' or 'after' another, as stated in the so-called Athanasian Creed, which is only accepted in Western churches. The implication is that none of the three persons has the primacy. On the other hand, the Eastern or Greek Trinitarian doctrine is that the Father has the primacy. He is the source of the Son and the Spirit. So, in the Greek understanding of the Trinity, the Son and Spirit have the same divine essence as the Father, but they are not of equal rank with him.

mangalavara

हर हर महादेव
Premium Member
Interestingly, the Bahais and other Gnostic religions and philosophies have the same idea about many "manifestations of God."

Those groups do not have the same concept as in Hinduism. Of course, I don't at all expect you to study Hinduism in depth. You have your religion and way of life, and you understand that better than any other religion or way of life.

walt

The Western or Latin Trinitarian doctrine is that the three persons are co-equal and that none is 'before' or 'after' another, as stated in the so-called Athanasian Creed, which is only accepted in Western churches. The implication is that none of the three persons has the primacy. On the other hand, the Eastern or Greek Trinitarian doctrine is that the Father has the primacy. He is the source of the Son and the Spirit. So, in the Greek understanding of the Trinity, the Son and Spirit have the same divine essence as the Father, but they are not of equal rank with him.
Please, which doctrine of the Trinity did Jesus explain?

Which Trinity doctrine did Jesus disciples explain?

When Jesus was delivered to four different courts, which form of Trinity was he accused of teaching?

Answer: zero

Last edited:

amazing grace

He never had figurative glory. He had (and has) literal glory.
How does one have glory before one exist? What scripture says that Jesus preexisted before his conception and birth? If God was coming to earth as man, why didn't he ever tell us that? In fact, He tells us just the opposite - He is not a man.

Last edited:

Eli G

Those groups do not have the same concept as in Hinduism. Of course, I don't at all expect you to study Hinduism in depth. You have your religion and way of life, and you understand that better than any other religion or way of life.
I don't even expect you to know everything about Hinduism, LOL.

It is said that there are more Hindu gods than there are people living in India.

amazing grace

Hello, do you have any Unitarian Bibles you can recommend? I also Believe God is one and God is one person.
The Revised English Version is one that is being worked on by Biblical Unitarians with only the NT being available right now. Honestly, you can read any bible with the view toward Unitarianism because that is how scripture should be understood. God did not EVER mean for the Bible to be hard to understand nor unintelligible.

Hockeycowboy

Witness for Jehovah
Premium Member
I understand that Jesus was/is God's plan of redemption for mankind. I understand that Jesus was conceived and born as a human being just as all other human beings and he did not preexist his conception and birth. I understand that when Jesus was resurrected, he was exalted to the right hand of God.

Thank you for your advice and I would likewise extend the same advice to you and others.
You and I are close to being in full agreement with your statements.

As the First-Century Christians called Jesus at Acts 4:24-30 in their prayer to God:
““Sovereign Lord, you are the One who made the heaven and the earth and the sea and all the things in them, 25 and who said through holy spirit by the mouth of our forefather David, your servant: ‘Why did nations become agitated and peoples meditate on empty things? 26 The kings of the earth took their stand and the rulers gathered together as one against Jehovah and against his anointed one.’ 27 For truly both Herod and Pontius Pilate with men of the nations and with peoples of Israel were gathered together in this city against your holy servant Jesus, whom you anointed, 28 to do what your hand and counsel had determined. 29 And now, Jehovah, give attention to their threats, and grant to your slaves to keep speaking your word with all boldness, 30 while you stretch out your hand for healing and while signs and wonders occur through the name of your holy servant Jesus.

They called Jesus (thought of Him) as God’s “Servant”, not another part of God.

But Jesus’ words at John 17:5..”So now, Father, glorify me at your side with the glory that I had alongside you before the world was.”

At John 8:58, Jesus said he existed “before Abraham.”

The Apostle Paul, at Colossians 1:15,16, called Jesus “the Firstborn of all creation”; and Jesus Himself said He was “the beginning of the creation by God”, at Revelation 3:14.

In Genesis 1:28, where Jehovah God said “Let us make man in our image “, God was speaking to someone… no doubt it was His Firstborn, since it was “through him” that all things came to exist. Colossians 1:16 says “by means of him all things were created in the heavens and on the earth, the things visible and the things invisible.”

So through these Scriptures, I believe that Jesus did have a prehuman existence… in fact, had a big role in accomplishing God’s purposes.

See Proverbs 8:23-31

Have a good day, my cousin.

Last edited:

mangalavara

हर हर महादेव
Premium Member
Please, which doctrine of the Trinity did Jesus explain?

Obviously, the Trinity is not explained by Jesus in full detail in the New Testament. Nonetheless, there are many verses throughout the various New Testament writings that different details of the doctrine are in alignment with, especially the Eastern/Greek understanding of it, in my opinion.

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
They are not "lesser gods"! If you don't understand the Trinity, TRY HARDER.

The First Commandment says "You shall have no other gods before me."

John 1:3 says, "All things were created by him [Jesus Christ], and apart from him not one thing was created that has been crea

That's your perspective, definitely not mine.

If your one time chance of salvation depends on getting all the details correct, I suppose that the Bible would indeed be of vital importance.
I would like to say something in reference to the phrase or idea "one time chance." God knows our hearts. He can make the best decision as for each one's future.

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
Thank you for that. There's a lot to it but thanks for that explanation.

mangalavara

हर हर महादेव
Premium Member
Why would anybody believe it if Jesus never fully explained it?

That is kind of like asking, Why would anybody believe in Paul's concept justification found in his epistles to the Romans and Galatians if Jesus never fully explained it?

mangalavara

हर हर महादेव
Premium Member
I am trying to learn more about other faiths, could you please let me your three strongest reasons you believe the Hindu Holy Scriptures are inspired by God?

We don't say that our scriptures are inspired by God. Quite a lot of them contain spiritual knowledge that was delivered by the divine to a sage and then from that sage to another, etc. I look to my scriptures because I find that much of what they say about life, the world, and everything is stuff that I have realized or experienced for myself, and many of their teachings wonderfully make sense of life, the world, and everything to me. When I read the Bhagavad Gita, it feels like the lord of everything is speaking to me.

walt

That is kind of like asking, Why would anybody believe in Paul's concept justification found in his epistles to the Romans and Galatians if Jesus never fully explained it?
Did Jesus ever explain to anyone, The Father, The Son and the Holy Spirit are one God?

Did Jesus ever explain to anyone, three are equal to each other?

Did Jesus ever explain to anyone, three are eternal without beginning?

Jesus refers to himself as God's one and only Son at John 3:16, Does Jesus ever explain to anyone, He's not really God's one and only Son?

walt

We don't say that our scriptures are inspired by God. Quite a lot of them contain spiritual knowledge that was delivered by the divine to a sage and then from that sage to another, etc. I look to my scriptures because I find that much of what they say about life, the world, and everything is stuff that I have realized or experienced for myself, and many of their teachings wonderfully make sense of life, the world, and everything to me. When I read the Bhagavad Gita, it feels like the lord of everything is speaking to me.
Thank you for your honesty :sparklingheart:

Hockeycowboy

Witness for Jehovah
Premium Member
The First Commandment says "You shall have no other gods before me."
Exactly! “Me”, there, is God. His name in Hebrew is Yahweh.

By making His Son Jesus as God , and God’s Holy Spirit as God, you’re breaking that First Commandment.

At John 4:23, Jesus said, “true worshippers will worship the Father in spirit and truth, for indeed, the Father is looking for such like ones to worship him.”

As Paul said at 1 Corinthians 8:5,6.. “to us (Christians) there is one God, the Father.”

Even after Jesus’ resurrection, there was still only one God, the Father.

I suggest you read the Bible.