• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

White Trash Recipes

dawny0826

Mother Heathen
Ok folks this is as white trash as I will get.

This is great and kids love it. It will give you that bible belt gut it is so fattening.

Lemonade pie recipe

Made with lemonade concentrate, this tangy pie is simple to make.
Prep Time: 3 hours

Ingredients:

1 graham cracker pie crust
1 14-ounce can sweetened condensed milk
1 6-ounce can of frozen lemonade concentrate, thawed
1 medium size (8 ounce) container of Cool Whip, thawed
Preparation:

Beat together condensed milk and lemonade; fold in Cool Whip. Pour into pie crust. Freeze for at least 3-4 hours until firm.

My sons preschool teacher made this kids love it.

Easy Lemonade Pie: Pie Recipe

Now that sounds heavenly. I've got to try this. :)

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
If you like that Dawny then you might like peanut butter pie..

1) 8oz softened of cream cheese..

2 cups powdered sugar..

1) 8 oz cool whip..(thawed)

12 oz peanut butter...(creamy)

2 tbls vanilla

Whip all that around starting with the cream cheese(then add in order of ingredients) and then pour into graham cracker crust..(you can make two actually)..

Its AWESOME///you can "toy" with this recipe though and make it "more fluffy " and less peanut buttery by less peanut butter and more cool whip..put a little less powdred sugar if its just too sweet..Either way ...this is good eating and I dont even think its "whilte trash"..LOL!

Love

Dallas

McBell

Admiral Obvious
If you like that Dawny then you might like peanut butter pie..

1) 8oz softened of cream cheese..

2 cups powdered sugar..

1) 8 oz cool whip..(thawed)

12 oz peanut butter...(creamy)

2 tbls vanilla

Whip all that around starting with the cream cheese(then add in order of ingredients) and then pour into graham cracker crust..(you can make two actually)..

Its AWESOME///you can "toy" with this recipe though and make it "more fluffy " and less peanut buttery by less peanut butter and more cool whip..put a little less powdred sugar if its just too sweet..Either way ...this is good eating and I dont even think its "whilte trash"..LOL!

Love

Dallas
This one was a major hit with my in-laws!

I only had to go get the peanut butter.
We were low due to the fudge that was made for Easter......

McBell

Admiral Obvious
One package of cream cheese
One cup of white sugar.
One cup of brown sugar.
One teaspoon of vanilla.

Blend them all together till smooth.

Excellent dip for fruit. (especially strawberries and pineapple)

McBell

Admiral Obvious
Cheapo (but still good) Cheese cake

One package of cream cheese
One bowl of cool whip
two third a cup of sugar
one tablespoon Vanilla.

Blend together sugar and cream cheese till smooth, then blend in cool whip, then add vanilla.
pour into graham cracker crust.

You can also add almond and or lemon juice.

Feel free to play with the amounts.

McBell

Admiral Obvious
Skinless boneless chicken breasts
Bacon
Brown sugar
Chili powder
Toothpicks

Chop up chicken into bite size pieces.
Mix some chili powder with brown sugar.
Coat the chicken pieces in the brown sugar chili powder mixture.
Wrap coated chicken with a piece of bacon using toothpick to hold it together.
Place on UNGREASED cookie sheet about 2 inches apart.
Bake at 300 for 15 mins or until meat is cooked.

Eat either warm or cold.

Falvlun

Earthbending Lemur
Premium Member
My dad used to make what he called "Superkraut".

Put a bag of saurkraut and two cans of Franks saurkraut (don't know why the two different types) into a crock pot with kielbaska sausage and a chopped onion. Cook all day till your house is good and smelly. Serve over white rice. MMmmm.

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
Skinless boneless chicken breasts
Bacon
Brown sugar
Chili powder
Toothpicks

Chop up chicken into bite size pieces.
Mix some chili powder with brown sugar.
Coat the chicken pieces in the brown sugar chili powder mixture.
Wrap coated chicken with a piece of bacon using toothpick to hold it together.
Place on UNGREASED cookie sheet about 2 inches apart.
Bake at 300 for 15 mins or until meat is cooked.

Eat either warm or cold.

You can also substitute the chicken with miniature weenies. That is a crowd-pleaser around these parts.

McBell

Admiral Obvious
My dad used to make what he called "Superkraut".

Put a bag of saurkraut and two cans of Franks saurkraut (don't know why the two different types) into a crock pot with kielbaska sausage and a chopped onion. Cook all day till your house is good and smelly. Serve over white rice. MMmmm.
My family would have kraut and lil smokeys every year for new years.

Same basic idea:
put the Kraut and Lil' Smokies in the crock pot early in the morning and let it cook all day.

McBell

Admiral Obvious
Fairy Bread, anyone?

user1963_1157447944.JPG

In case anyone wants the receipe

[youtube]EoqVJM0_0xQ[/youtube]
YouTube - Hi-5 Fairy Bread[youtube]EoqVJM0_0xQ[/youtube]

I might try it, but I am NOT doing that stupid dance!!

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
Fairy Bread - LOL, that's hilarious!

OK, this isn't really a recipe but it's what I had for breakfast a few minutes ago:

White trash breakfast - dig in pantry and find the plastic bag with the pieces and crumbs of powdered donuts in the bottom. Go on treasure hunt for the few semi-intact pieces. Rub your elbow on your faded football jersey you slept in to remove powdered sugar (since you can't lick your elbow). Lick remaining sugar off your hands. Go out into front yard and stand in the grass. Lean forward. Lift corner of plastic bag. Tilt head back. Pour donut crumbs and globs of powdered sugar down your gullet. Wipe off face with hem of said football jersey. Brush crumbs off jersey and into the grass.

Go inside and open fridge. Top off your fine breakfast with a big gulp of milk straight from the carton. Whole milk of course - none of that lowfat crap or stupid soy milk.

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
Fairy Bread - LOL, that's hilarious!

OK, this isn't really a recipe but it's what I had for breakfast a few minutes ago:

White trash breakfast - dig in pantry and find the plastic bag with the pieces and crumbs of powdered donuts in the bottom. Go on treasure hunt for the few semi-intact pieces. Rub your elbow on your faded football jersey you slept in to remove powdered sugar (since you can't lick your elbow). Lick remaining sugar off your hands. Go out into front yard and stand in the grass. Lean forward. Lift corner of plastic bag. Tilt head back. Pour donut crumbs and globs of powdered sugar down your gullet. Wipe off face with hem of said football jersey. Brush crumbs off jersey and into the grass.

Go inside and open fridge. Top off your fine breakfast with a big gulp of milk straight from the carton. Whole milk of course - none of that lowfat crap or stupid soy milk.

What have you been smokin? :eek:

Love

Dallas

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
This one was a major hit with my in-laws!

I only had to go get the peanut butter.
We were low due to the fudge that was made for Easter......

LOL!! Its great when you can please the in laws !! Have you made it before or do I get credit for passing on info that earned a star in your crown by mom and dad?

And its funny you say that..I got a thumbs up several years ago from my MIL because I made it for desert for dinner here..And she was like "Thats GREAT Lana how did you make that"?

Which surprises me because she was born in Texas..Maybe that recipe is "newer" or its more of a deep south thing because its in my recipe books from Alabama.

TBH I had never had it or heard of it or made it untill about 5 or 6 years ago..

Love

Dallas