• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

WHO IS GOD'S TRUE ISRAEL IN THE NEW COVENANT?

3rdAngel

That's not true at all. That is a Protestant teaching, and the Bible actually contradicts it. Authority is given by God to the Levites and judges to interpret the Law.
Actually you are wrong again. It is scripture from the very words of Jesus your Messiah you have chosen not to believe and follow and the very Messiah you are still waiting for. Therefore it is 100% true and its a bible teaching from the scriptures found here...
  • MATTHEW 15:3-9 3, But he answered and said unto them, WHY DO YE ALSO TRANSGRESS THE COMMANDMENT OF GOD BY YOUR TRADITION? 4, FOR GOD COMMANDED, SAYING, HONOUR THY FATHER AND MOTHER: AND, HE THAT CURSES FATHER OR MOTHER, LET HIM DIE THE DEATH. 5, BUT YE SAY, WHOSOEVER SHALL SAY TO HIS FATHER OR HIS MOTHER, IT IS A GIFT, BY WHATSOEVER THOU MIGHT BE PROFITED BY ME; 6, And honour not his father or his mother, he shall be free. THUS HAVE YE MADE THE COMMANDMENT OF GOD OF NONE EFFECT BY YOUR TRADITION. 7, YE HYPOCRITES, WELL DID ESAIAS PROPHESY OF YOU, SAYING, 8, THIS PEOPLE DRAWES NIGH UNTO ME WITH THEIR MOUTH, AND HONOUR ME WITH THEIR LIPS; BUT THEIR HEART IS FAR FROM ME. 9, BUT IN VAIN THEY DO WORSHIP ME, TEACHING FOR DOCTRINES THE COMMANDMENTS OF MEN.
Civil judgement under the old covenant is not the same as interpretation of scripture given by God in the new (John 14:26; John 16:13) given to all those who believe and obeying what Gods Word says.

Take Care.

Monty

I think you are going to be disappointed. The bible does not each anywhere that unbelievers will be saved and neither does it teach that there is an after death baptism. According to the scriptures those in unbelief are the lost and those who receive Gods judgements for sin (see John 3:36; Romans 14:23; Hebrews 10:26-31). See also 1 John 2:3-4. I would runaway from whoever is teaching you those things. I believe those teachings are the doctrines of devils.
But have you ever read the bible instead of just cherry picking, given that 1Tim 4:9-11 clearly says that unbelievers are saved, and that 1Cor 15:29 describes baptisms for the dead and why the Mormons have around the clock shifts baptising the dead? Or do you believe that 1Tim 4:9-11 was written by devils?

Monty

Pilate capitulated to the political power that the Jews had over him due to his previous missteps. He was a coward and hoped the crowds would set him free and spare Pilate having to put an innocent man to death.
Nonsense. The Jews had no political power whatsoever over the Romans, otherwise they would have killed Jesus if he had actually done something against Jewish law. And besides, those stories were written decades after Jesus was executed and mocked by the Romans as a potential threat.

3rdAngel

Deuteronomy 17:8-13
Which does not support anything you have posted. Civil judgement for sin (context Deuteronomy 17:1-8) under the old covenant is not the same as interpretation of scripture given by God in the new (John 14:26; John 16:13) to all those who believe and obey what Gods Word says.

Monty

Actually you are wrong again. It is scripture from the very words of Jesus your Messiah you have chosen not to believe and follow and the very Messiah you are still waiting for. Therefore it is 100% true and its a bible teaching from the scriptures found here...
  • MATTHEW 15:3-9 3, But he answered and said unto them, WHY DO YE ALSO TRANSGRESS THE COMMANDMENT OF GOD BY YOUR TRADITION? 4, FOR GOD COMMANDED, SAYING, HONOUR THY FATHER AND MOTHER: AND, HE THAT CURSES FATHER OR MOTHER, LET HIM DIE THE DEATH. 5, BUT YE SAY, WHOSOEVER SHALL SAY TO HIS FATHER OR HIS MOTHER, IT IS A GIFT, BY WHATSOEVER THOU MIGHT BE PROFITED BY ME; 6, And honour not his father or his mother, he shall be free. THUS HAVE YE MADE THE COMMANDMENT OF GOD OF NONE EFFECT BY YOUR TRADITION. 7, YE HYPOCRITES, WELL DID ESAIAS PROPHESY OF YOU, SAYING, 8, THIS PEOPLE DRAWES NIGH UNTO ME WITH THEIR MOUTH, AND HONOUR ME WITH THEIR LIPS; BUT THEIR HEART IS FAR FROM ME. 9, BUT IN VAIN THEY DO WORSHIP ME, TEACHING FOR DOCTRINES THE COMMANDMENTS OF MEN.
Civil judgement under the old covenant is not the same as interpretation of scripture given by God in the new (John 14:26; John 16:13) given to all those who believe and obeying what Gods Word says.

Take Care.
So why didn't Jesus' parents and his family believe that he was a prophet as he claimed (Matt 12:46-50 13:57 John 7:5)?

Colt

Nonsense. The Jews had no political power whatsoever over the Romans, otherwise they would have killed Jesus if he had actually done something against Jewish law. And besides, those stories were written decades after Jesus was executed and mocked by the Romans as a potential threat.
The Sanhedrin penal system under occupation was forbidden from carrying out the death penalty. Pilat asked them what Jesus did wrong and found him innocent.

Monty

Take Care.
So why didn't Jesus' parents and his family believe that he was a prophet as he claimed (Matt 12:46-50 13:57 John 7:5)?

3rdAngel

Where does it say in the scriptures that Jesus parents did not believe He was a prophet? Not in any of the scriptures you posted above right? His brothers chose not to believe him. That is all the scriptures say. We should be careful not to read into the scriptures what is not written in them.

Last edited:

Colt

Jesus’ family more or less believed in Jesus as the deliverer, but when he publicly declared he was “the Son of God” then they were shocked, they thought he was beside himself.

Monty

The Sanhedrin penal system under occupation was forbidden from carrying out the death penalty. Pilat asked them what Jesus did wrong and found him innocent.
Jesus, however, was obviously therefore executed and mocked by the Romans for sedition and for something against Roman law and not Jewish law, and why his followers denied knowing him to avoid a similar fate from the Romans (Luke 22:54-62).

Colt

Jesus, however, was obviously therefore executed and mocked by the Romans for sedition and for something against Roman law and not Jewish law, and why his followers denied knowing him to avoid a similar fate from the Romans (Luke 22:54-62).
Up until the trial by Pilate there is no mention of any conflict between Jesus and Roman authority.

Monty

Jesus’ family more or less believed in Jesus as the deliverer, but when he publicly declared he was “the Son of God” then they were shocked, they thought he was beside himself.
But they didn't believe that he was a prophet, which is why he ignored them. And David was actually his god's begotten son (Psalm 2:7), even though he was a murderer who said that his love with Jonathon was more wonderful than with any of his wives and concubines (2Sam 1:26).

Monty

Up until the trial by Pilate there is no mention of any conflict between Jesus and Roman authority.
So why did the Romans execute him and mock him as "The King of the Jews", and why did his disciples deny knowing him if the Romans weren't trying to avoid a potential insurrection?

And if he'd actually done something against Jewish law then there were plenty of opportunities to kill him or put a contract out on him.

Last edited:

3rdAngel

It directly sets up the Levites and Judges as having God given authority to interpret the law. You cannot have that, and simultaneously say sola scriptura.
Read the context you disregarded in the scripture you posted from Deuteronomy 17:8-13. Civil judgement for sin (context Deuteronomy 17:1-8) under the old covenant is not the same as interpretation of scripture given by God in the new covenant (John 7:`7; John 14:26; John 16:13; 1 John 2:27) to all those who believe and obey what Gods Word says (Acts 5:32; Acts 2:38; 3:19). Deuteronomy 17:8-13 does not say anywhere only Levite Priests can interpret scripture.

Last edited:

Colt

So why did the Romans execute him and mock him as "The King of the Jews", and why did his disciples deny knowing him if the Romans weren't trying to avoid an insurrection?
Peter denied Jesus because he had a moment of cowardice. They may have tried to put the apostles to death as well.

Think about it, would the Jews like having a sign hanging on a man that they condemned that said “King of the Jews”??? Pilate was deliberately trying to needle them!

Monty

Just a story in a book which makes no sense, since he could have easily been killed by the Jews if he'd actually done something against Jewish law.

Monty

Peter denied Jesus because he had a moment of cowardice. They may have tried to put the apostles to death as well.
IOW he didn't want to be executed by the Romans for sedition too
Think about it, would the Jews like having a sign hanging on a man that they condemned that said “King of the Jews”??? Pilate was deliberately trying to needle them!
IOW He was executed by the Romans as an example to the Jews to not meddle with Rome.