• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

WHO IS GOD'S TRUE ISRAEL IN THE NEW COVENANT?

Monty

I think you have a profound misunderstanding of the passage.

It is a response to the fact that some men have irrational jealousy, imagining that their wives are having affairs when they are not. The water of bitterness of course has no affect, and the jealous husband is mollified.
Nonsense. You have a profound misunderstanding of those commandments in Numbers 5:20-28 and Lev 20:10.

The commandment in Numbers 5:20-28 clearly describes the termination of pregnancies of adulteresses using abortifacients which have been used for millenia and is not about stomach upsets after drinking a glass of bitter tasting cordial. Abortifacient - Wikipedia
If you actually believe that command is just about upset stomachs and sore thighs, then why weren't male adulterers also commanded to drink "bitter water" and say "so be it, so be it" too?

And Leviticus 20:10 also commands the abortions of the pregnancies of adulteresses. And those commandments are about the property rights of men, and to ensure legitimate lines of descent and inheritance, and in the same way that a new pride lion will kill all the lion cubs from the previous pride lion.

Last edited:

Colt

IOW he didn't want to be executed by the Romans for sedition too

IOW He was executed by the Romans as an example to the Jews to not meddle with Rome.
What did Jesus do to offend the Romens? Pilate knew nothing of his activities. Jesus was brought to Pilate by the Jews, not a Roman prosecutor. Pilate tried to defer to Herod, Herod sent him back to Pilate!

The kingdom that Jesus taught was a spiritual fellowship of believers in God the Father wherein ALL people are brothers and sisters, all sons of the Living God!

Last edited:

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
What did Jesus do to offend the Romens? Pilate knew nothing of his activities.
Why do you assume that? Consider that if the story of Jesus "cleansing" the temple is true, that this would have been something Pilate would have heard about. The city was having a holiday with a gazillion pilgrims visiting. It was very important for Pilate to keep his thumb on things, lest the city devolve into chaos. So someone going into the temple and committing vigilante violence, committing assault and vandalism, is certainly the exact sort of thing that is going to be on his radar. I can't know what actually happened, as I do not think the legends are reliable. But it certainly seems reasonable to me that this action by Jesus would have put him on Pilate's radar as a troublemaker who needs to be dealt with.

IndigoChild5559

The kingdom that Jesus taught was a spiritual fellowship of believers in God the Father wherein ALL people are brothers and sisters, all sons of the Living God!
When you are being occupied by a tyrannical empire, you don't go around claiming you are King without backlash.

Colt

Why do you assume that? Consider that if the story of Jesus "cleansing" the temple is true, that this would have been something Pilate would have heard about. The city was having a holiday with a gazillion pilgrims visiting. It was very important for Pilate to keep his thumb on things, lest the city devolve into chaos. So someone going into the temple and committing vigilante violence, committing assault and vandalism, is certainly the exact sort of thing that is going to be on his radar. I can't know what actually happened, as I do not think the legends are reliable. But it certainly seems reasonable to me that this action by Jesus would have put him on Pilate's radar as a troublemaker who needs to be dealt with.
Vigilante violence? Committing assault and vandalism?

Matthew 21:12-17

English Standard Version

Jesus Cleanses the Temple​

12 And Jesus entered the temple[a] and drove out all who sold and bought in the temple, and he overturned the tables of the money-changers and the seats of those who sold pigeons. 13 He said to them, “It is written, ‘My house shall be called a house of prayer,’ but you make it a den of robbers.”
14 And the blind and the lame came to him in the temple, and he healed them. 15 But when the chief priests and the scribes saw the wonderful things that he did, and the children crying out in the temple, “Hosanna to the Son of David!” they were indignant, 16 and they said to him, “Do you hear what these are saying?” And Jesus said to them, “Yes; have you never read,

New International Version

Jesus Clears the Temple Courts​

13 When it was almost time for the Jewish Passover, Jesus went up to Jerusalem. 14 In the temple courts he found people selling cattle, sheep and doves, and others sitting at tables exchanging money. 15 So he made a whip out of cords, and drove all from the temple courts, both sheep and cattle; he scattered the coins of the money changers and overturned their tables. 16 To those who sold doves he said, “Get these out of here! Stop turning my Father’s house into a market!” 17 His disciples remembered that it is written: “Zeal for your house will consume me.”[a]

Mark 11:15-19

New International Version

15 On reaching Jerusalem, Jesus entered the temple courts and began driving out those who were buying and selling there. He overturned the tables of the money changers and the benches of those selling doves, 16 and would not allow anyone to carry merchandise through the temple courts. 17 And as he taught them, he said, “Is it not written: ‘My house will be called a house of prayer for all nations’[a]? But you have made it ‘a den of robbers.’[b]”
18 The chief priests and the teachers of the law heard this and began looking for a way to kill him, for they feared him, because the whole crowd was amazed at his teaching.

3rdAngel

3rdAngel: you quoted the ENTIRE CHAPTER when in fact the only verses that are relevant to our discussion are verses 8-13, and of those, only verses 8 and 9 are essential. There is something seriously wrong that you cannot be succinct, and as I've said, when you do this, I just ignore your post.
Actually no, I simply just provided you with the full scripture context of Deuteronomy 17:8-13 from Deuteronomy 17:1-13 (8 extra versus). I did not post the whole chapter. I posted the context you left out in post # 190 linked, because the context proves from the scriptures why your claims that only Levite Priest can interpret scripture is unbiblical. Deuteronomy 17:8-13 does not say anywhere only Levite Priests can interpret scripture. Read the context you disregarded in the scripture you posted from Deuteronomy 17:8-13. Deuteronomy 17:1-13 is about civil judgement for sin (context Deuteronomy 17:1-8) under the old covenant which is not the same as interpretation of scripture given by God in the new covenant (John 7:`7; John 14:26; John 16:13; 1 John 2:27) to all those who believe and obey what Gods Word says (Acts 5:32; Acts 2:38; 3:19).

3rdAngel

That's your choice if you don't believe what the bible actually says and means. But it doesn't change the fact that the bible commands that the pregnancies of adulteresses be aborted because of the property rights of men who own the women (Lev 20:10 Numbers 5:20-27)

Numbers 5:22-23 CEB -
22 And may the water that brings these curses enter your stomach and make your womb discharge and make you miscarry.”
And the woman will say, “I agree, I agree.”
23 The priest will write these curses in the scroll and wipe them off into the water of bitterness.
Wrong! Which bible translation do you think God is commanding forced abortion? There is nothing you have posted here that is in disagreement with what I have already shared with you from the scriptures accept your interpretation of what those scriptures are saying and your claims that Leviticus 20:10 and Numbers 5:20-24 teaches God commanding forced abortion. Lets examine if any of these scriptures teach forced abortion so there is no more wiggle room left for you.
  • Leviticus 20:10 10, And the man that commits adultery with another man's wife, even he that commits adultery with his neighbor's wife, the adulterer and the adulteress shall surely be put to death.
Note: This is a death penalty of a man and a women caught in open public adultery under the civil laws of Israel. There is nothing at all in Leviticus 20 like you claimed earlier that is even talking about abortion now is there.
  • Numbers 5:11-31 11, And the LORD spoke to Moses, saying, 12, Speak to the children of Israel, and say to them, If any man's wife go aside, and commit a trespass against him. 13, And a man lie with her carnally, and it be hid from the eyes of her husband, and be kept close, and she be defiled, and there be no witness against her, neither she be taken with the manner; 14, And the spirit of jealousy come on him, and he be jealous of his wife, and she be defiled: or if the spirit of jealousy come on him, and he be jealous of his wife, and she be not defiled: 15, Then shall the man bring his wife to the priest, and he shall bring her offering for her, the tenth part of an ephah of barley meal; he shall pour no oil on it, nor put frankincense thereon; for it is an offering of jealousy, an offering of memorial, bringing iniquity to remembrance. 16, And the priest shall bring her near, and set her before the LORD: 17, And the priest shall take holy water in an earthen vessel; and of the dust that is in the floor of the tabernacle the priest shall take, and put it into the water: 18, And the priest shall set the woman before the LORD, and uncover the woman's head, and put the offering of memorial in her hands, which is the jealousy offering: and the priest shall have in his hand the bitter water that causes the curse: 19, And the priest shall charge her by an oath, and say to the woman, If no man have lain with you, and if you have not gone aside to uncleanness with another instead of your husband, be you free from this bitter water that causes the curse. 20, But if you have gone aside to another instead of your husband, and if you be defiled, and some man have lain with you beside your husband: 21, Then the priest shall charge the woman with an oath of cursing, and the priest shall say to the woman, The LORD make you a curse and an oath among your people, when the LORD does make your thigh to rot, and your belly to swell; 22, And this water that causes the curse shall go into your bowels, to make your belly to swell, and your thigh to rot: And the woman shall say, Amen, amen. 23, And the priest shall write these curses in a book, and he shall blot them out with the bitter water: 24, And he shall cause the woman to drink the bitter water that causes the curse: and the water that causes the curse shall enter into her, and become bitter. 25, Then the priest shall take the jealousy offering out of the woman's hand, and shall wave the offering before the LORD, and offer it on the altar: 26, And the priest shall take an handful of the offering, even the memorial thereof, and burn it on the altar, and afterward shall cause the woman to drink the water. 27, And when he has made her to drink the water, then it shall come to pass, that, if she be defiled, and have done trespass against her husband, that the water that causes the curse shall enter into her, and become bitter, and her belly shall swell, and her thigh shall rot: and the woman shall be a curse among her people. 28, And if the woman be not defiled, but be clean; then she shall be free, and shall conceive seed. 29, This is the law of jealousies, when a wife goes aside to another instead of her husband, and is defiled; 30, Or when the spirit of jealousy comes on him, and he be jealous over his wife, and shall set the woman before the LORD, and the priest shall execute on her all this law. 31, Then shall the man be guiltless from iniquity, and this woman shall bear her iniquity.
Note: These scriptures in Numbers 5 with the full context added in is the law of jealousy curse. It is not a judgement for abortion and no where in these scriptures is it talking about abortion. Numbers 5:11-31 is a testing curse to see if a women has been unfaithful or unfaithful. Note that when the husband has a Spirit of jealousy thinking that his wife has been unfaithful that this is a test to know if the women is being honest to God. Its is not a judgement on a women already pregnant and condemned for unfaithfulness and a command for abortion. Again you are reading that into the scripture. You are reading into the scriptures what is not written in them again.

Now to leave you no wiggle room post me a single scripture with context that is God commanding forced abortion. You cannot because there is none. You need to read that into the scriptures because it is not there. It does not matter what version of the bible you use not a single bible translation is talking about God commanding forced abortion in Leviticus 20 or in Numbers 5. Receive Gods correction and be blessed ignoring it does not make the scriptures disappear. You are peddling false teachings.

Take Care.

Last edited:

3rdAngel

Jesus' parents and family didn't believe that he was a prophet (Matt 13:57 Mark 6:4 John 7:5)
Lets examine your claims in detail. You make the statement here that Jesus parents and family did not believe Jesus was a prophet. Then you post as what you believe is scripture evidence the references from Matt 13:57 Mark 6:4 John 7:5. I have already posted you scripture showing that Mary and Joseph believed Jesus was from God and that there is no scripture that says Jesus parents did not believe Jesus was a prophet. Lets see if the scripture references you post say Jesus parents did not believe Jesus was a prophet. None of the scriptures you posted say Jesus parents did not believe Jesus was a Prophet. You are reading that into the scripture but lets prove this and give you no wiggle room again.
  • Matthew 13:54-57 says 54, And when he was come into his own country, he taught them in their synagogue, so that they were astonished, and said, From where has this man this wisdom, and these mighty works? 55, Is not this the carpenter's son? is not his mother called Mary? and his brothers, James, and Joses, and Simon, and Judas? 56, And his sisters, are they not all with us? From where then has this man all these things? 57, And they were offended in him. But Jesus said to them, A prophet is not without honor, save in his own country, and in his own house.
Note: The scripture is not saying anywhere that Jesus parents did not believe in Jesus. The context you disregard here prove that it is not Jesus family saying this but the local synagogue Jesus was teaching in where he grew up. So your use of this scripture does not support your claim that Jesus parents rejected Jesus as a prophet. You are reading that claim into the scriptures.
  • Mark 6:1-4 1, And he went out from there, and came into his own country; and his disciples follow him. 2, And when the sabbath day was come, he began to teach in the synagogue: and many hearing him were astonished, saying, From where has this man these things? and what wisdom is this which is given to him, that even such mighty works are worked by his hands? 3, Is not this the carpenter, the son of Mary, the brother of James, and Joses, and of Juda, and Simon? and are not his sisters here with us? And they were offended at him. 4, But Jesus, said to them, A prophet is not without honor, but in his own country, and among his own kin, and in his own house.
Note this is a parallel scripture to the first set of scriptures in Matthew 13. The scriptures are not saying anywhere that Jesus parents did not believe in Jesus. The context you disregard here prove that it is not Jesus family saying this but the local synagogue Jesus was teaching in where he grew up. So your use of this scripture does not support your claim that Jesus parents rejected Jesus as a prophet. You are reading that claim into the scriptures.
  • John 7:5, For neither did his brothers believe in him.
Note the context of John 7:1-7 was the Passover where the Jews were seeking to kill Jesus. At this time Jesus brothers did not believe he was from God. Note, no where in these scriptures does it day that Jesus parents did not believe Jesus was from God and nowhere in these scriptures does not say Jesus brothers would not eventually choose to believe He was from God. So your use of this scripture here once again does not support your claim that Jesus parents rejected Jesus as a prophet. It does support a claims that Jesus brothers at the time of Passover did not believe Jesus but that is all the scriptures says so once again you are reading your claim into the scriptures which do not support what you say. To further prove this point please consider the following scriptures Acts 1:14 after the death and resurrection of Jesus and the disciples seeing Jesus ascension to heaven it is written " 14, These all continued with one accord in prayer and supplication, with the women, and Mary the mother of Jesus, and with his brothers". This verse refers to the disciples, Mary (the mother of Jesus), and Jesus' brothers gathering together in prayer. The fact that Jesus' brothers are mentioned among those devoted to prayer suggests their belief in Jesus as the Messiah after the resurrection.

ACCORDING TO THE SCRIPTURES JESUS PARENTS AND FAMILY BELIEVED JESUS WAS FROM GOD!
  • Lets look at the scriptures you disregard that are in disagreement with you. In the Gospel of Luke, the angel Gabriel appears to Mary to announce the birth of Jesus. Mary's response in Luke 1:38 reflects her acceptance of God's plan: "And Mary said, 'Behold, I am the servant of the Lord; let it be to me according to your word.' And the angel departed from her." Mary's willingness to accept God's will suggests her belief in the divine nature of the child she would bear.

• In Matthew's Gospel, Joseph, upon learning that Mary was pregnant, initially planned to divorce her quietly. However, an angel appeared to Joseph in a dream, reassuring him of the divine nature of Mary's pregnancy. Joseph's response is seen in Matthew 1:24: "When Joseph woke from sleep, he did as the angel of the Lord commanded him: he took his wife." Joseph's obedience indicates his belief in the divine origin of Mary's child.

• After Jesus' birth, Mary and Joseph took him to the temple, where they encountered Simeon. In Luke 2:29-35, Simeon blesses the child Jesus and speaks to Mary about his significance, acknowledging the divine nature of Jesus: "for my eyes have seen your salvation that you have prepared in the presence of all peoples, a light for revelation to the Gentiles, and for glory to your people Israel" (Luke 2:30-32). These passages illustrate the belief of Mary and Joseph in the divine origin and significance of Jesus. Their responses to the angelic messages and the events surrounding Jesus' birth indicate their faith in God's plan and recognition of Jesus as the promised Messiah.

• Acts 1:14 after the death and resurrection of Jesus and the disciples seeing Jesus ascension to heaven it is written " 14, These all continued with one accord in prayer and supplication, with the women, and Mary the mother of Jesus, and with his brothers". This verse refers to the disciples, Mary (the mother of Jesus), and Jesus' brothers gathering together in prayer. The fact that Jesus' brothers are mentioned among those devoted to prayer suggests their belief in Jesus as the Messiah after the resurrection.
and why he rejected them (Matt 12:46-50 Mark 3:31-35 Luke 8:19-21).
And it's your choice if you don't believe what the bible actually says and means.
Once again lets see if any of the scriptures you post her support your view that Jesus rejected His birth family?
  • Matthew 12:46-50 46, While he yet talked to the people, behold, his mother and his brothers stood without, desiring to speak with him. 47, Then one said to him, Behold, your mother and your brothers stand without, desiring to speak with you. 48, But he answered and said to him that told him, Who is my mother? and who are my brothers? 49, And he stretched forth his hand toward his disciples, and said, Behold my mother and my brothers! 50, For whoever shall do the will of my Father which is in heaven, the same is my brother, and sister, and mother.
Note: these scriptures also do not say anywhere that Jesus rejected His birth family anywhere. They simply state that Gods true family is all those who choose to believe and obey what Gods Word says. Once again your reading into the scriptures what is not written in them.
  • Mark 3:31-35 31, There came then his brothers and his mother, and, standing without, sent to him, calling him. 32, And the multitude sat about him, and they said to him, Behold, your mother and your brothers without seek for you. 33, And he answered them, saying, Who is my mother, or my brothers? 34, And he looked round about on them which sat about him, and said, Behold my mother and my brothers! 35, For whoever shall do the will of God, the same is my brother, and my sister, and mother.
Note: these scriptures are parallel gospel scriptures to Matthew 12:46-50 (same story being told) see again these scriptures do not say anywhere that Jesus rejected His birth family anywhere. They simply state that Gods true family is all those who choose to believe and obey what Gods Word says. Once again your reading into the scriptures what is not written in them.
  • Luke 8:19-21,19, Then came to him his mother and his brothers, and could not come at him for the press. 20, And it was told him by certain which said, Your mother and your brothers stand without, desiring to see you. 21, And he answered and said to them, My mother and my brothers are these which hear the word of God, and do it.
Note: these scriptures are parallel gospel scriptures to Matthew 12:46-50 and Mark 3:31-35 (same story being told) see again these scriptures do not say anywhere that Jesus rejected His birth family anywhere. They simply state that Gods true family is all those who choose to believe and obey what Gods Word says. Once again your reading into the scriptures what is not written in them. I think enough has been posted to show you have provided nothing from the scriptures that have supported anything you have said.

Take Care

IndigoChild5559

Disturbing the lucrative business of the Temple would anger the religious authorities. Pilate had no love for the Temple!
Why is the profit margin an issue? There is nothing unethical about running a business. The truth is, it was extremely burdensome to have to herd your animal all the way from your remote farm to Jerusalem, and the temple therefore provided a very convenient service for those who wanted it.

I'm sure Pilate didn't give a hoot about the temple. But he did care about maintaining law and order in Jerusalem, especially at a time of annual pilgrimage.

Colt

Why is the profit margin an issue? There is nothing unethical about running a business. The truth is, it was extremely burdensome to have to herd your animal all the way from your remote farm to Jerusalem, and the temple therefore provided a very convenient service for those who wanted it.

I'm sure Pilate didn't give a hoot about the temple. But he did care about maintaining law and order in Jerusalem, especially at a time of annual pilgrimage.
I gather it could be compared to modern day Christian evangelists who extract heavy tithes to support grotesquely opulent lifestyles, money taken from sincere working people and even the poor! Jesus was disgusted by how the Fathers House had been made into a commercializing mall!

Many pilgrims of modest means travelled long distances with various currencies which would have to be exchanged in order to purchase "suitable sacrificial animals" if the one they chance to bring had a blemish! There was a motive behind why Jesus would have run the sordid affair out of the Temple. We don't have any other examples of Jesus "vandalizing" anything.

IndigoChild5559

I gather it could be compared to modern day Christian evangelists who extract heavy tithes to support grotesquely opulent lifestyles, money taken from sincere working people and even the poor! Jesus was disgusted by how the Fathers House had been made into a commercializing mall!
It's really not the same at all. In the case of prosperity preachers, they LIE to people They say, "If you will send me this seed money, God will bless you with far more in return." IOW it is a con job, a deception.

There is nothing deceptive in saying, "Hey, would you like to buy this animal that we conveniently have available right here in the temple? It costs X amount."
if the one they chance to bring had a blemish!
Yeah, I've heard this tale from Christians before, that the officials were deliberately blemishing animals in order to force a sale. First of all, nothing of this sort is mentioned even in your own gospel story. It is a fairy tale that has grown up in Christian oral tradition. Secondly, lets assume for the sake of argument that there is a temple official that is cheating people in this manner. That is called a CRIME, and you go to the authorities about it. You do NOT take matters into your own hands. You do NOT become a violent vigilante.

Monty

What did Jesus do to offend the Romens? Pilate knew nothing of his activities. Jesus was brought to Pilate by the Jews, not a Roman prosecutor. Pilate tried to defer to Herod, Herod sent him back to Pilate!

Were you there? If so, then why did the Romans execute him and mock him as "The King of the Jews"? And why didn't the Jews just stab him if he had actually done something against Jewish law? Or is the story just fictional like many of the OT stories?

Monty

Lets examine your claims in detail.
Which is that his parents and family didn't believe he was a prophet, and why he ignored them.
But it's your choice if you don't believe what the bible actually says and means.

Mark 6:4 - Bible Gateway

VOICE Jesus (seeing this): A prophet can find honor anywhere except in his hometown, among his own people, and in his own household.
YLT And Jesus said to them -- `A prophet is not without honor, except in his own country, and among his kindred, and in his own house;'
GNT Jesus said to them, “Prophets are respected everywhere except in their own hometown and by their relatives and their family.

And Jesus' biological father was thought to be Heli's son, who was coincidently also named Joseph (Luke 3:23) like his adoptive father's name (Matt 1:16). But unlike maternity which is a matter of fact, paternity is just a matter of opinion without reliable paternity tests, and Jesus' biological could have been a centurion named Pantera. Tiberius Julius Abdes Pantera - Wikipedia
But since the gospels were written decades after Jesus was executed and his parents had died, then the gospel writers have just fantasized about his birth and his biological father, since they weren't there when he was conceived and didn't discuss the matter with his mother either. But even though his paternity is just a matter of opinion, his biological father certainly wasn't a god. Nor did he ever claim to be a god or to be without sin (Mark 10:18).

And I'm not interested in what Paul wrote since he never met Jesus or his family.

Last edited:

Monty

Which bible translation do you think God is commanding forced abortion?
CEB And may the water that brings these curses enter your stomach and make your womb discharge and make you miscarry.” And the woman will say, “I agree, I agree.” Numbers 5:22

And the commandments in Lev 20:10 and Numbers 5:20-28, however, had nothing whatsoever to do with any imaginary god, but were about the property rights of men, to ensure legitimate lines of descent and inheritance. But if you actually believe that the commandment in Numbers 5:20:28 was only about upset stomachs and sore thighs then why weren't male adulterers also made to drink "bitter water" and say "so be it, so be it" too.

Or do you prefer the commandment in Leviticus 20:10 to terminate the pregnancies of adulteresses and ensure legitimate lines of descent and inheritance?

Last edited:

Colt

Were you there? If so, then why did the Romans execute him and mock him as "The King of the Jews"? And why didn't the Jews just stab him if he had actually done something against Jewish law? Or is the story just fictional like many of the OT stories?
Under occupation the Sanhedrin wasn’t allowed to carry out the death penalty. The 4 Gospels are what we have from the time period.

Monty

Under occupation the Sanhedrin wasn’t allowed to carry out the death penalty. The 4 Gospels are what we have from the time period.
That's totally irrelevant since they could have just stabbed him or garotted him if he'd actually done something naughty against Jewish law instead of against Roman law, and why they mocked him as "The King of the Jews" when they executed him as an example to others not to mess with Rome.
And were the Romans around anyway when they wanted to stone a woman (John 8)?

But either way, the bible doesn't say that he wanted to be executed so that his followers could sin since he'd already done the time for their crime.

Last edited:

3rdAngel

Which is that his parents and family didn't believe he was a prophet, and why he ignored them.
But it's your choice if you don't believe what the bible actually says and means.

Mark 6:4 - Bible Gateway

VOICE Jesus (seeing this): A prophet can find honor anywhere except in his hometown, among his own people, and in his own household.
YLT And Jesus said to them -- `A prophet is not without honor, except in his own country, and among his kindred, and in his own house;'
GNT Jesus said to them, “Prophets are respected everywhere except in their own hometown and by their relatives and their family.”

And Jesus' biological father was thought to be Heli's son, who was coincidently also named Joseph (Luke 3:23) like his adoptive father's name (Matt 1:16). But unlike maternity which is a matter of fact, paternity is just a matter of opinion without reliable paternity tests, and Jesus' biological could have been a centurion named Pantera. Tiberius Julius Abdes Pantera - Wikipedia
But since the gospels were written decades after Jesus was executed and his parents had died, then the gospel writers have just fantasized about his birth and his biological father, since they weren't there when he was conceived and didn't discuss the matter with his mother either. But even though his paternity is just a matter of opinion, his biological father certainly wasn't a god. Nor did he ever claim to be a god or to be without sin (Mark 10:18).

And I'm not interested in what Paul wrote since he never met Jesus or his family.
Already addressed with a detailed scripture response proving your claims that Jesus parents and family did not accept Jesus as coming from God post resurrection is false. All you have done here is to simply repeat yourself again while ignoring a detailed scripture response to you, looking at every scripture you posted showing that the context you disregarded proves that your use of these scriptures do not support your claims that Jesus family did not accept Jesus as coming from God. You were also then provided direct scripture disagreeing with you showing that Jesus parents and family believed He was from God (his parents pre and post resurrection and his brothers post resurrection). If you disagree please address post # 208 linked that proves what you are teaching here and your claims are unbiblical nonsense. Until then we will agree to disagree. Sorry but I do not believe you as shown why from the scriptures and posts you are refusing to respond to.

Take Care.

Last edited: