• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why Are So Many Cops Dumb?

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
I recall the IQ issue from a while ago, but recently ran across this article....
Excerpted....

Jordan sued for discrimination but to no avail. Here's what a federal court ruled:

Too smart for police work, "Jordan has worked as a prison guard since he took the test."

@Wu Wei might find it fascinating that even a lowly engineer
would be rejected as too smart to be a cop. An interesting
aspect of the average 104 IQ claim is that this means that
nearly half of cops are below average (100 IQ).
So we're giving a couple hundred thousand below average
intelligence people a gun & a license to kill to civilians.
And this after training that's less than what's required
to be a mechanic, real estate agent, or cosmetologist.
Ref....
This video is an excellent example

You can see why it is necessary for Cops to be stupid. If either of these officers had an IQ at or above room temperature they would not have been able to do what they did.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member

You can see why it is necessary for Cops to be stupid. If either of these officers had an IQ at or above room temperature they would not have been able to do what they did.
The video is more watchworthy than many.
It's funny how they know nothing about laws
or constitutional rights, yet are trained to say
"officer safety" to justify arrest. They don't
know the most basic things, ie, Miranada Rights
& a Terry Stop. And these are experienced
ranking officers.
On top of that travesty, don't appear to have
the enuf intelligence to understand the questions
asked of them. With no training, they're given a
gun & a license to arrest / kill civilians. But this
is very common. Scary.

averageJOE

zombie

EVERYONE needs to watch this video. I watched the entire videos of both depositions.

That video is a perfect example of when I say "Cops are dumb on purpose". As the years go by, they become more and more ignorant of basic laws and become nothing more than Policy Enforcement. This video shows how if they don't know something, they pretend not to know; basically just straight up lie. This type of behavior is not limited to these two cops or their department. It is nation wide.

You can also see the utter distain and arrogance seeping out of the Lt., like the whole situation is beneath him. Believe it or not, cops actually train themselves on how to handle depositions and testifying. Constantly say "I don't recall", "I don't understand the question", and "Can you repeat the question", all just so they can give the answer they want and annoy the interviewer. You can see both of them, rather than just answer the questions with the truth the search their brains to give "correct" answer.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
A man is arrested, & spends 3 days in jail.
He explains that he's recovering from a heart transplant,
& he needs his medication (3 times daily) to stay alive.
The cop is just too dense to understand this situation,
& keeps asking about handicap accommodations,
medical emergencies, & if a heart transplant is a
recognized disability. The cop says the jail would get
him medication. It didn't. He died soon after release.

Hearing this stupid cop misunderstand the man's
situation is hard to bear. If you're medically fragile,
avoid the cops at all cost. They will kill you.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
A woman drops off her car for service at nite
at a dealership. Her son arrives to pick her up.
Security (remotely monitored) calls the cops
to say 2 cars were there.
The cops send 9 cars, a K9 unit, supervisors, &
a helicopter to deal with these hardened criminals.
Even after she shows them her paperwork morning
car service, they continue detaining her for her
"attitude".

Kfox

Judging an entire group by the actions of a few within that group is the epitome of bigotry

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
Judging an entire group by the actions of a few within that group is the epitome of bigotry
Whatever. I am not going to make any apology for the disparaging remarks I made about these two.

But you are missing the point. It is not about the mental deficiencies of these two cops. It is about a system that rewards stupid behaviour on the part of police officers.

If a police officer tells someone they are legally requited to give id, most of the time they will get id. If a police officer tells someone they have to leave, most of the time that person will leave. Even if it is a lie, even if the officer is an idiot who doesn't know what they are talking about.

This is the video of the incident those two moronic cops were testifying about.

Watch it, and ask yourself what would you have done if you were in her place? What would most people have done? Most of the time the stupid behaviour works. The system is designed to reward stupid. That is why the majority of cops would have acted stupid in a situation like that, whether they were pretending to be stupid or were really really dumb makes no difference.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
What percentage of cops fit the description you are judging them all by?
There is a spectrum from good to bad cops.
I'll set a range for a bad cop as from....
- The very worst.
- To those who merely don't stop other cops from
wrongful acts or those who commit illegal acts
because they're ignorant of the law & civil right.
By this standard, I estimate that it's 50+% of cops.

This is supported by....
- The fact that supervisors, who set the standard for
their department, often commit criminal acts, & are
ignorant of the law & civil rights.
- The fact that cops have been shown to be far more
likely to abuse spouses than the general public.
- The fact that cops have been traditionally immune
from prosecution for crimes, thereby creating a culture
of using violence when unnecessary.
- SCOTUS ruling that higher intelligence is a valid basis
for hiring discrimination against police recruits.
- In video after video in the news or on youtube, it's
rare for one cop to stop another from violating a
civilian's civil rights. So I'm being generous with
my 50+% figure.

Ref....

Last edited:

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
What percentage of cops fit the description you are judging them all by?
Corruption and misconduct is a real issue, and it's better to acknowledge and address it than sweep it under the rug just because "they're not all bad."

People blindly jump to their defense because we're taught in our culture to uncritically hero worship anyone with a badge, but we really need to stop with the bootlicking.

Kfox

There is a spectrum from good to bad cops.
I'll set a range for a bad cop as from....
- The very worst.
- To those who merely don't stop other cops from
wrongful acts or those who commit illegal acts
because they're ignorant of the law & civil right.
By this standard, I estimate that it's 50+% of cops.

This is supported by....
- The fact that supervisors, who set the standard for
their department, often commit criminal acts, & are
ignorant of the law & civil rights.
- The fact that cops have been shown to be far more
likely to abuse spouses than the general public.
- The fact that cops have been traditionally immune
from prosecution for crimes, thereby creating a culture
of using violence when unnecessary.
- SCOTUS ruling that higher intelligence is a valid basis
for hiring discrimination against police recruits.
- In video after video in the news or on youtube, it's
rare for one cop to stop another from violating a
civilian's civil rights. So I'm being generous with
my 50+% figure.

Ref....
Sounds like a system that allows crooked cops to get away with crimes; rather than stupidity.

Kfox

People blindly jump to their defense because we're taught in our culture to uncritically hero worship anyone with a badge, but we really need to stop with the bootlicking.
It's not about boot licking, it's about judging an entire group based on the actions of a few regardless of occupation. Doctors, lawyers, plumbers, doesn't matter, I would have challenged the same had you insulted any group.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Sounds like a system that allows crooked cops to get away with crimes; rather than stupidity.
Corruption is another problem.
Stupidity plays a role in that too, given
that often the rewards are far smaller
than the consequences of punishment..

Heyo

Veteran Member
Not only that, it's also a system that produces and rewards ignorance (vulgo: stupidity). Those two cops from the video were hired for their job and performed in it for together 50 years without knowing the laws they were hired to protect. 50 years of a system failing to teach them the basics of their job.

Kfox

Not only that, it's also a system that produces and rewards ignorance (vulgo: stupidity). Those two cops from the video were hired for their job and performed in it for together 50 years without knowing the laws they were hired to protect. 50 years of a system failing to teach them the basics of their job.
They didn't know any of the laws they were hired to protect? Or just not all of the laws. And is this a department problem? Or are you suggesting this is typical of all police departments.

Kfox

Corruption is another problem.
Stupidity plays a role in that too, given
that often the rewards are far smaller
than the consequences of punishment..
How does stupidity play a role in corruption? Are you suggesting smart people can't be corrupt?

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
They didn't know any of the laws they were hired to protect? Or just not all of the laws. And is this a department problem? Or are you suggesting this is typical of all police departments.
No one expects a police officer to know all the laws, not even the best lawyers know all the laws.

But they should know the basic law as it pertains to police/civilian interaction. They should know when they can or cannot detain someone, they should know when they can or cannot demand id from someone, they should know when they can or cannot arrest someone.

This is information that anyone can learn in 10-15 minutes. They should have learned this in their decades of experience.