• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why are some people obsessed with race, gender, and generation ?

Ignatius A

A lot of folks have been brainwashed by the Patriarchy.

For others, the cruelty is the point.

The first group may be reachable, since we all stand on the shoulders of giants, and can easily see a long long way if that is what we desire.
Have you?

I've noticed some people seem to think disagreement is "cruelty"

Is seeing a long long way necessarily good just because we can see a long long way? Do you think the giants on who's shoulders we stand would agree with what we are seeing?

icehorse

......unaffiliated...... anti-dogmatist
Premium Member
A lot of folks have been brainwashed by the Patriarchy.

For others, the cruelty is the point.

The first group may be reachable, since we all stand on the shoulders of giants, and can easily see a long long way if that is what we desire.
I'd substitute "oligarchy" for "patriarchy"

We've all been brainwashed by the Oligarchy.

To me, when you say "patriarchy", that's yet another identity politics game :(

Rival

Diex Aie
Staff member
Premium Member
I'm finding this thread interesting.

A lot of folks here are saying this obsession comes from the right, when, as a member of 'the right' I just see us as responding to those on the left who are using identity as a marker (be it gay, disabled, etc.) and those of us on the right only want to stop hearing about how you're gay or disabled.

It's the left which has these horrible parades which are all about sex and sexualities, not the right; we want those out of sight, shut down.

It's the left who want children to be able to transition from one sex to the other.

The right is just responding and saying no, these things shouldn't be happening.

So I'm not sure where some of this 'it's the haters' rhetoric is coming from.

We want to shut most of it down and not hear about it again.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
It's the left which has these horrible parades which are all about sex and sexualities, not the right; we want those out of sight, shut down.
Better than armed marches and military parades like how many on the Right want.
Amd how we keep that out of public and you keep religion out public?

Rival

Diex Aie
Staff member
Premium Member
And then allow the cycle of abuse/mistreatment to continue unimpeded.
That's not what I wrote.

I just don't need to know who you sleep with or what illnesses you have. Keep private things to yourself and go on with your life.