• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why are some people obsessed with race, gender, and generation ?

Viker

Your beloved eccentric Auntie Cristal
That's not what I wrote.

I just don't need to know who you sleep with or what illnesses you have. Keep private things to yourself and go on with your life.
Maybe that's how you feel. I don't go around telling who I sleep with.

I simply want equal treatment. I want to be free from harassment for what I am. I want to be free from being assaulted for who I am and receive justice, like anyone else, when it has occurred. If this were already the case, I would never think to ask for help, justice, equality, etc.

Rival

Diex Aie
Staff member
Premium Member

I simply want equal treatment. I want to be free from harassment for what I am. I want to be free from being assaulted for who I am and receive justice, like anyone else, when it has occurred. If this were already the case, I would never think to ask for help, justice, equality, etc.
I'm not aware of anyone who would do that. I'm in the UK and we've been alright with this for a long time now. My nursery (kindergarten) teachers were a lesbian couple, as were my babysitters. Nobody cared.

It's only when it started being pushed in our faces with flags and obscene parades that we started loudly complaining in a backlash.

Viker

Seriously. I dare any conservative/right winger to walk a mile in my shoes. Starting from January 1970. And to see from my perspective. Most might not make it three steps. The few who survive would concur.

Rival

Diex Aie
Staff member
Premium Member
Seriously. I dare any conservative/right winger to walk a mile in my shoes. Starting from January 1970. And to see from my perspective. Most might not make it three steps. The few who survive would concur.
I think you need to move on. It's 2024. Most conservatives do not want to beat you up.

Ignatius A

Have you been assaulted for who you are?

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Not everything but whether or not you think someone else is hateful is however.

To a degree, though there are pointers that give guidance, hate speech is usually a bit of a give away.
As has happened on this forum, someone says while dripping with malice (easy to glean from the tone of conversation) that i "live on immoral earnings" is an indicator that they hate me.

Viker

In think you need to move on. It's 2024. Most conservatives do not want to beat you up.
There's no "moving on" without reconciliation. There's no "moving on" until the cause that leads to mistreatment is addressed and dealt with.

Rival

Diex Aie
Staff member
Premium Member
There's no "moving on" without reconciliation. There's no "moving on" until the cause that leads to mistreatment is addressed and dealt with.
It's been dealt with.

In fact, it's been tipped over the edge such that acceptance is going down because things have gone too far.

What more do you want than your flag stapled to every window every June? I mean, honestly?

Ignatius A

To a degree, though there are pointers that give guidance, hate speech is usually a bit of a give away.
As has happened on this forum, someone says while dripping with malice (easy to glean from the tone of conversation) that i "live on immoral earnings" is an indicator that they hate me.
Do you "live on immoral earnings"?

Viker

Keep pretending there's not a problem. Maybe it will go away. Maybe they'll go away.

Rival

Diex Aie
Staff member
Premium Member
Keep pretending there's not a problem. Maybe it will go away. Maybe they'll go away.
Well, all I see when I look around are gay flags eveyrwhere.

Parades.

Bracelets.

Gay TV show characters.

It's literally everywhere.

You need to move on.

libre

Skylark
Staff member
Premium Member
It's the left which has these horrible parades which are all about sex and sexualities, not the right; we want those out of sight, shut down.
Right, it's the pride celebrations which are horrible and not the homophobes who want us out of sight.
How reasonable :facepalm: