• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why are some people obsessed with race, gender, and generation ?

Rival

Diex Aie
Staff member
Premium Member
Right, it's the pride celebrations which are horrible and not the homophobes who want us out of sight.
How reasonable :facepalm:
They are disgusting and have become a celebration of degeneracy. BDSM is not fit to be seen by children. Nor really any celebration of sexuality. It's private, it's always been private.

Why should anyone's sexual preferences be celebrated out in public? What exactly is the point of this?

It's public indecency on literally any other day.

Viker

Your beloved eccentric Auntie Cristal
Right, it's the pride celebrations which are horrible and not the homophobes who want us out of sight.
How reasonable :facepalm:
I wonder. Do they get this indignant when neo-nazis march or when the KKK holds rallies in public?

Viker

When gays parade, "That's horrible! Quit shoving it our face!"

When Nazis parade, "Just business as usual. Freedom of speech, remember?"

Ignatius A

No, it was designed to be an insult.

Do you really need to ask?
Yes I do. I have no clue how you make your living. If you make your living by scamming old people out of their life's savings then I wouldn't have you but i consider you to be an evil person and rightly so id say.

Rival

Diex Aie
Staff member
Premium Member
When gays parade, "That's horrible! Quit shoving it our face!"

When Nazis parade, "Just business as usual. Freedom of speech, remember?"
Who has said this? I literally just said I reject it.

Sounds as though you are just pouring out frustration at this point.

Try pulling that Nazi **** in the UK, see what happens.

libre

Skylark
Staff member
Premium Member
I simply want equal treatment. I want to be free from harassment for what I am. I want to be free from being assaulted for who I am and receive justice, like anyone else, when it has occurred. If this were already the case, I would never think to ask for help, justice, equality, etc.
:hugehug:

Rival

Diex Aie
Staff member
Premium Member
By equal treatment I gather some people mean 'I don't want conservative opinions on me to exist because they offend me.'

I guess?

Viker

By equal treatment I gather some people mean 'I don't want conservative opinions on me to exist because they offend me.'

I guess?
No. I'm just simply going to let you know I don't agree and let you know why.

Rival

Diex Aie
Staff member
Premium Member
second sentence of post #109...
Yes.

I am trying to understand what is meant by equal treatment, when under both UK and US law, all these groups are legally protected and equal to everyone else.

So I am genuinely confused at what is meant.

libre

Skylark
Staff member
Premium Member
They are disgusting and have become a celebration of degeneracy.
I'm not dignifying this thoughtless vitriol with a response.
Why should anyone's sexual preferences be celebrated out in public? What exactly is the point of this?
Perhaps you should do some basic research on the history of pride if you need to ask this question.
The struggle for our legal rights has been directly tied to our visibility. When we were all in the closet we suffered and died and nobody batted an eye.

It may very well be that if we mind our business then you personally will respect the rights that we have already gained, but it's simply not true on a societal level. We have a right to demonstrate and oppose the attacks on our community.

1717616475392.png

McBell

Admiral Obvious
Yes.

I am trying to understand what is meant by equal treatment, when under both UK and US law, all these groups are legally protected and equal to everyone else.

So I am genuinely confused at what is meant.
So you do not see how your post I replied to does not align with the second sentence of post #109?

If not, I wonder how it is you can understand where the other side is coming from

Rival

Diex Aie
Staff member
Premium Member
I'm not dignifying this thoughtless vitriol with a response.

Perhaps you should do some basic research on the history of pride if you need to ask this question.
The struggle for our legal rights has been directly tied to our visibility. When we were all in the closet we suffered and died and nobody batted an eye.

It may very well be that if we mind our business then you personally will respect the rights that we have already gained, but it's simply not true on a societal level. We have a right to demonstrate and oppose the attacks on our community.

View attachment 92372
I just don't see anyone attacking LGB or T people.

I am 28 and this has not been part of my experience. I grew up rurally too and did not come across this.

Sure there were some not very nice things said about homosexuals but that was just schoolkids and they grew up.

What you describe is not the world I know. I was born in 1995.

Rival

Diex Aie
Staff member
Premium Member
So you do not see how your post I replied to does not align with the second sentence of post #109?

If not, I wonder how it is you can understand where the other side is coming from
This isn't helpful.

Could you at least answer my question?

Ignatius A

Okay. The cause of it I am not so sure.
Multiculturalism was the beginning of hyphenating your status as an American. African, Asian Latino etc etc etc. Suddenly your culture superceded being an american. Different cultures different rules. For some cultures being on time was a suggestion not a requirement so expecting people to be on time was "culturally" insensitive". Not offensive yet but "insensitive". In other cultures looking someone in the eyes was considered disrespectful so expecting eye contact was considered culturally insensitive. Notice how things have descriptors now. "Social" justice. "Hate" crime. "Gay" rights, "trans" rights, "women's" rights, etc etc etc.

Last edited: