• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why did god create homosexuality?

Ken Brown

You haven't yet shown that it is a sin. It's absurd to conclude that it is.
Last time I checked, homosexuality and mutual, consensual love are not against the law.

Hi sojourner, you should re-check. Judaism makes it abundantly clear that it is a sin, even though some liberal minded sects within Judaism is pushing in your direction. I see that as those who call good as evil, and evil as good, in their delusional rationalization of sin tolerance.

You should consider the story of Lot. Lot was a righteous man who was tormented by the Sodomites (2 Pet 2:6-8), and was even willing to subject his daughters to forcible rape by these Sodomites, to keep the abominable act of homosexuality away from his male visitors (Gen 19:1-11). Notice verse 11, I see those who profess this lifestyle are as blind as bats in trying to find the DOOR. They are like the blind leading the blind. KB

Last edited:

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
Last I checked, some folks back then didn't think women were designed to be capable of intelligence or leadership.

Some folks still think that. Word of God? Or cultural adaptation?

Bruce Planck

Human Being
This thread is great!
From the question "Why did God create homosexuality?",
over "Did God create homosexuality?"
and "What is homosexuality?"
to "What is love?"
as well as "What is a sin?"

A lot of things to think about, thank you guys/girls!

The arguments of those who "can speak for God" remind me why I dropped the believe in a God that wants us to search truth in a book, rather than in ourself, his very creation. Why I dropped the believe in a life that should be huge test. It's another topic...

I'm sorry, but I'm afraid those who call loving a sin, won't change their mind. Because there are scriptures, that say so. Your "arguments" are dogma to me...

If you look inside yourself, doesn't to love mean to feel connection? Love to women, to men, to children, to elders, to disabled people, to the weak and the strong, to the ones we follow and the ones who follow us, to animals, to all living creatures, to this life with all its imperfections, to this world with all its riddles, to the God who is all this?

Why should I not share the bed with a men, when I love him and he loves me? It's fulfillment of our both love. When I'm a pedophile and I search for sexual contact with children then I don't love children truely, because child abuse harms. I put my own desire above their well-being. I would be ultimately egoistic. True love prevents harm, it takes care. This is the difference between "sin" and "command"

I still enjoy reading the argumentation lines here. It's inspiring :)

Peace

Sha'irullah

رسول الآلهة
God did not design people to be homosexuals, any more than he designed them to be drunkards, adulterers, liars, thieves, or murderers. These terrible practices are the result of mankind's fall into sin. I believe it is as Genesis 8:21 says, "the inclination of the heart of man is bad from his youth up." People may have an inborn inclination toward conduct God disapproves, but the Bible shows these practices can and must be conquered. (1 Corinthians 6:9-11)

Oh but he did! :facepalm:

Homosexuals are born everyday and even animals commit homosexual acts all the time. It is extremely common for them actually.

Sin has nothing to do with homosexuality and just human brainwashing.

Skwim

Veteran Member
God did not design people to be homosexuals, any more than he designed them to be drunkards, adulterers, liars, thieves, or murderers. These terrible practices are the result of mankind's fall into sin. I believe it is as Genesis 8:21 says, "the inclination of the heart of man is bad from his youth up." People may have an inborn inclination toward conduct God disapproves, but the Bible shows these practices can and must be conquered. (1 Corinthians 6:9-11)
"Drunkards, adulterers, liars, thieves, or murderers" relate to conscious choices. Like heterosexuality, homosexuality is not a choice. Huge difference.

Ken Brown

Homosexuals are born everyday and even animals commit homosexual acts all the time. It is extremely common for them actually.

Hi Sterling, I hate to inform you, but your "extremely common" statement is very incorrect. Statistically speaking, there are only about 1500 known species that show homosexual characteristics (and that's not even full blown homosexuality, just homosexual traits), out of the total number of animal species. Estimates range up to 30 million animal species, so 1500 out of 30 million is infinitesimal, not "extremely common." KB

Rainbow Mage

Lib Democrat/Agnostic/Epicurean-ish/Buddhist-ish
Hi Sterling, I hate to inform you, but your "extremely common" statement is very incorrect. Statistically speaking, there are only about 1500 known species that show homosexual characteristics (and that's not even full blown homosexuality, just homosexual traits), out of the total number of animal species. Estimates range up to 30 million animal species, so 1500 out of 30 million is infinitesimal, not "extremely common." KB

Gotta love that Christian pseudo science. As for your mentioning Sodom- why do you associate a story about gang rape with homosexuals? Are you saying you think homosexuals are violent rapists? Because that's what the story is talking about. Its not the orientation of the mob that should be in question here.

In Judges we see a similar story where a woman is raped by the mob all night long. Is the obvious condemnation of rape not homosexuality lost on you?

Titanic

Sex is great. Gay's should be able to have sex with each other if they want. I might have hypersexuality so just over-look me.

rusra02

Premium Member

It is common for animals to kill and eat their own kind, but surely we are not unreasoning animals. The Bible, which I believe is God's word, not mans, tells us God's view of homosexual practices. And the Bible calls such practices "disgraceful", "obscene", and "contrary to nature" or unnatural.(Romans 1:26,27) Despite the increasing acceptance of homosexual practices by many churches, God's word clearly teaches homosexual practices make one unrighteous in God's eyes. I believe God's view is far more important than man's shifting opinions. (1 Corinthians 6:9,10)

rusra02

Premium Member
"Drunkards, adulterers, liars, thieves, or murderers" relate to conscious choices. Like heterosexuality, homosexuality is not a choice. Huge difference.

A person may be genetically disposed toward alcoholism, but can choose to avoid drunkenness. Wrong desires can be controlled, and homosexual acts are a conscious choice. I believe that not the inclination but the action is condemned in the Bible. And the Bible shows many who once practiced homosexuality changed their conduct in order to please God. (1 Corinthians 6:9,11)

Sha'irullah

رسول الآلهة

No they perform homosexual acts. Look up dog rapes male dog on youtube and see the videos flood in.
In all reality the likeliness of us being bisexual at nature is more prevalent as Greek society in he past has shown us that the acts and acceptance of homosexuality are purely extracted fr social influence.

Skwim

Veteran Member
A person may be genetically disposed toward alcoholism, but can choose to avoid drunkenness. Wrong desires can be controlled, and homosexual acts are a conscious choice.
Yes, acts are conscious choices, but homosexuality is not an act but a sexual orientation. And, it's homosexuality that is at issue here: " Why did god create homosexuality?"
"Sexual orientation refers to an enduring pattern of emotional, romantic, and/or sexual attractions to men, women, or both sexes. Sexual orientation also refers to a person’s sense of identity based on those attractions, related behaviors, and membership in a community of others who share those attractions.

Research over several decades has demonstrated that sexual orientation ranges along a continuum, from exclusive attraction to the other sex to exclusive attraction to the same sex. However, sexual orientation is usually discussed in terms of three categories: heterosexual (having emotional, romantic, or sexual attractions to members of the other sex), gay/lesbian (having emotional, romantic, or sexual attractions to members of one’s own sex), and bisexual (having emotional, romantic, or sexual attractions to both men and women).

Sexual orientation is distinct from other components of sex and gender, including biological sex (the anatomical, physiological, and genetic characteristics associated with being male or female), gender identity (the psychological sense of being male or female),* and social gender role (the cultural norms that define feminine and masculine behavior)."

Source: American Psychological Association
I believe that not the inclination but the action is condemned in the Bible.
Yes, that does appear to be the case.

And the Bible shows many who once practiced homosexuality changed their conduct in order to please God. (1 Corinthians 6:9,11)
Again, it's not the acts but the orientation that is at issue here. " Why did god create homosexuality?" One doesn't choose their sexual orientation, be it heterosexuality, bisexuality, or homosexuality.

Of course, if Sterling Archer misspoke then it's a whole other matter.

Last edited:

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
A person may be genetically disposed toward alcoholism, but can choose to avoid drunkenness. Wrong desires can be controlled, and homosexual acts are a conscious choice. I believe that not the inclination but the action is condemned in the Bible. And the Bible shows many who once practiced homosexuality changed their conduct in order to please God. (1 Corinthians 6:9,11)

Tried for decades to do that. I prayed and prayed and prayed. All it did was shame me into non-action and ignoring my attractions. I've said it before, had I continued down that road, I probably would not be alive today. I was at the point of putting a gun in my mouth and pulling the trigger due to the incredible shame I felt toward my orientation.

This is why even though a book says they're comparable, they're not. Because for 20 years now I have accepted my orientation, and have not found myself angry at the world, or dismissive of other people, or hateful of myself. Acceptance and letting go of trying to change myself has had me less self-absorbed than when I was trying to change my actions regarding my orientation for the purpose of pleasing God.

Oh, and I've had family members who are recovering alcoholics. The two situations aren't even remotely comparable when it comes to the damage experienced. Living openly as a queer is not damaging to oneself and/or others like drug addiction or alcoholism. The doctrinal interpretation is archaic, outdated, and wrong. It also leads to cultural and political oppression by those who remain ignorant of the lives of GLBTQs in our society.

rusra02

Premium Member
Yes, acts are conscious choices, but homosexuality is not an act but a sexual orientation. And, it's homosexuality that is at issue here: " Why did god create homosexuality?"
"Sexual orientation refers to an enduring pattern of emotional, romantic, and/or sexual attractions to men, women, or both sexes. Sexual orientation also refers to a person’s sense of identity based on those attractions, related behaviors, and membership in a community of others who share those attractions.

Research over several decades has demonstrated that sexual orientation ranges along a continuum, from exclusive attraction to the other sex to exclusive attraction to the same sex. However, sexual orientation is usually discussed in terms of three categories: heterosexual (having emotional, romantic, or sexual attractions to members of the other sex), gay/lesbian (having emotional, romantic, or sexual attractions to members of one’s own sex), and bisexual (having emotional, romantic, or sexual attractions to both men and women).

Sexual orientation is distinct from other components of sex and gender, including biological sex (the anatomical, physiological, and genetic characteristics associated with being male or female), gender identity (the psychological sense of being male or female),* and social gender role (the cultural norms that define feminine and masculine behavior)."

Source: American Psychological Association
Yes, that does appear to be the case.

Again, it's not the acts but the orientation that is at issue here. " Why did god create homosexuality?" One doesn't choose their sexual orientation, be it heterosexuality, bisexuality, or homosexuality.
And, as previously stated, God is not responsible for such inclinations that lead to acts he condemns. They are the result of man's imperfection and sinful nature. (Romans 5:12, Colossians 1:21)

Skwim

Veteran Member
And, as previously stated, God is not responsible for such inclinations that lead to acts he condemns. They are the result of man's imperfection and sinful nature. (Romans 5:12, Colossians 1:21)
Are you saying then that homosexuality and bisexuality are a result of the sinfulness of those with these orientations? That homosexual and bisexual orientations are sins?

rusra02

Premium Member
Are you saying then that homosexuality and bisexuality are a result of the sinfulness of those with these orientations? That homosexual and bisexual orientations are sins?

The Bible says that sinful tendencies are the result of our sinful and imperfect nature, received from our first parents. (Romans5:12) Sin colors all our actions, such that we cannot please God if we rely on our own sinful nature. All thinking and inclinations out of harmony with God's standards are sinful, I believe. As the Bible states at Romans 8:5-8: "For those who are in accord with the flesh set their minds on the things of the flesh, but those in accord with the spirit on the things of the spirit. For the minding of the flesh means death, but the minding of the spirit means life and peace; because the minding of the flesh means enmity with God, for it is not under subjection to the law of God, nor, in fact, can it be. So those who are in harmony with the flesh cannot please God."
According to the Bible, we are ALL sinful and imperfect, and need God's help if we are to be reconciled to him.

Ken Brown

No they perform homosexual acts. Look up dog rapes male dog on youtube and see the videos flood in.
In all reality the likeliness of us being bisexual at nature is more prevalent as Greek society in he past has shown us that the acts and acceptance of homosexuality are purely extracted fr social influence.

Hi Sterling, I would be willing to wager a bet with you that if you would be able to number the total male dog on male dog sex occurances, to the number of male dog to female dog sex occurances, the percentage would be less than 1%. It is not normal for a male dog to have sex with another male dog, it is totally abnormal, just as male to male sex in humans is abnormal. It is extremely "uncommon" for male to male sex in ALL species, and it is just the brainwashing of the homophilia agenda driven advocates, that give these pseudo lies. KB