• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why did god create homosexuality?

Rainbow Mage

Lib Democrat/Agnostic/Epicurean-ish/Buddhist-ish
......... I was born a liar, but I overcame it through Jesus Christ. Did He create a liar I spose in a way He did ,Thats why He sent Him so that we could overcome .

How is homosexuality comparable to lying? Its a sexual orientation like heterosexual

Philomath

Sadhaka
......... I was born a liar, but I overcame it through Jesus Christ. Did He create a liar I spose in a way He did ,Thats why He sent Him so that we could overcome .

No body is born anything though. Your essentially a blank sheet when your born. As for Homosexuality if you think your "cured" well then ok.

Rainbow Mage

Except no one is ever cured of homosexuality. Its not a disease or disorder. Most psychologists and psychiaricists agree on that

Ex-gay therapy has been proven not to work and is very damaging. It causes extreme depression and even suicide.

Go read some ex-gay literature. There is no cure being presented, just self-loathing indoctrination

Ashoka

श्री कृष्णा शरणं मम

...so he made you a sinner so he could fix you?

That's like pushing a kitten into oncoming traffic, only to "save" it later.

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member

I didn't have the same experience as you. I dedicated decades of my life toward praying my orientation to becoming straight, but my attraction to women was only pushed down. Every time I thought I had it solved, that electricity would hit me again every time a woman would appear that I'd find attractive.

I could only find a ray of Christian hope (the way Christianity was taught to me as a child) through my attraction to men, too. I never knew for years that bisexuality even existed. But boy was I confused back then before I was aware of the nature of orientation.

My Christian experience nearly had me putting a gun in my mouth and pulling the trigger. I prefer another path that includes accepting my orientation and living my life in peace. So, thanks but no thanks.

Sha'irullah

رسول الآلهة

Your ignorance astounds me Shivoham as you have yet to realize the the Lord works in mysterious ways
preach.gif

Amechania

Daimona of the Helpless
I didn't have the same experience as you. I dedicated decades of my life toward praying my orientation to becoming straight, but my attraction to women was only pushed down. Every time I thought I had it solved, that electricity would hit me again every time a woman would appear that I'd find attractive.

I could only find a ray of Christian hope (the way Christianity was taught to me as a child) through my attraction to men, too. I never knew for years that bisexuality even existed. But boy was I confused back then before I was aware of the nature of orientation.

My Christian experience nearly had me putting a gun in my mouth and pulling the trigger. I prefer another path that includes accepting my orientation and living my life in peace. So, thanks but no thanks.

Thank you for this, your honesty is an inspiration. Like you I spent far too many years denying my sexuality and many more years trying to hide it. I only recently came out to my conservative parents and to my surprise they were very supportive. I am still not completely comfortable with myself but I do feel more free to seek love where my heart leads me. I truly doubt the Christian god has a problem with that.

gzusfrk

Christian

Its like making the cat and telling it not to go into the street, but it does so anyway,gets ran over, brought back to the lab shot with a dna beam (which is Jesus) and made whole again, and hopefully smarter.

MattersOfTheHeart

If two older guys that can't really have sex because of physical limitations decide to spend their life together, is that gay? Or does penetration and physical intimacy have to take place?

Rainbow Mage

If two older guys that can't really have sex because of physical limitations decide to spend their life together, is that gay? Or does penetration and physical intimacy have to take place?

Well homosexuality is an orientation, not an act. If the two guys love one another romanticly yes

MattersOfTheHeart

Well homosexuality is an orientation, not an act. If the two guys love one another romanticly yes
Interesting, because I am just splitting hairs here for Christians. Which I am one of.

I can't think of anywhere in the bible it mentioned that two people who feel compelled to live with each other because of some natural attraction is wrong.

Of course, when it becomes physical, obviously from the bible it becomes a different matter and debatable.

For the record, I am not trying to argue or start an argument, I was just curious about that question, and you have answered it for me, so thank you.

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
Thank you for this, your honesty is an inspiration. Like you I spent far too many years denying my sexuality and many more years trying to hide it. I only recently came out to my conservative parents and to my surprise they were very supportive. I am still not completely comfortable with myself but I do feel more free to seek love where my heart leads me. I truly doubt the Christian god has a problem with that.

Wow, good for you that you came out to your parents! :foryou:

As long as you are true to yourself, you will be fine. I don't regret any of my decisions regarding my orientation. Be well! :hugehug:

Enai de a lukal

The OP's question has a flawed premise- God didn't create homosexuality (unless you understand this entirely metaphorically). Literal creationism is absolutely false.

But if you want to know why homosexuality exists- particularly since, prima facie, it appears to go against the evolutionary mechanisms that have produced the forms of life we see on earth... Evolution relies on reproduction, and homosexuals, by definition, can't reproduce... So what gives?

The answer is likely that homosexuality bestows an advantage upon one's closest kin, with whom one shares ones genes- for instance, scientists have observed that, in populations of rodents, the incidence of homosexuality greatly increases if resources become scare; homosexuality regulates overpopulation. Obviously the individual homosexuals don't pass on their genes to convey any evolutionary advantage, but their closest kin do. Homosexuality then isn't much different from other evolved behavior, such as altruism, which does not contribute to the fitness of the individual, but to ones community or closest kin.

Sha'irullah

رسول الآلهة
The OP's question has a flawed premise- God didn't create homosexuality (unless you understand this entirely metaphorically). Literal creationism is absolutely false.

I am referring to Yahweh in regards to the Deistic outlook. Christians do not believe in an omnipotent or omnipresent deity but they claim they do yet they immediately begin to remove aspects of the created they dislike.

But if you want to know why homosexuality exists- particularly since, prima facie, it appears to go against the evolutionary mechanisms that have produced the forms of life we see on earth... Evolution relies on reproduction, and homosexuals, by definition, can't reproduce... So what gives?[/QUOTE]

Your reasoning is flawed. Evolution relies on reproduction? Seriously?
Have you not heard of asexual reproduction.

The answer is likely that homosexuality bestows an advantage upon one's closest kin, with whom one shares ones genes- for instance, scientists have observed that, in populations of rodents, the incidence of homosexuality greatly increases if resources become scare; homosexuality regulates overpopulation. Obviously the individual homosexuals don't pass on their genes to convey any evolutionary advantage, but their closest kin do. Homosexuality then isn't much different from other evolved behavior, such as altruism, which does not contribute to the fitness of the individual, but to ones community or closest kin.

Well then why is it us human do not become asexuals instead of homosexuals as a result of over population?
Humans have been more homosexual in the past then even now. SO apparently the world was over populated for thousands of years. ;)

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
Hi sojourner, yes, but to love Elohim and love your neighbor, it requires keeping all of Elohim's commands:

Deu 7:9
(9) Know therefore that Yahweh thy Elohim, he is El, the faithful El, which keepeth covenant and mercy with them that love him and keep his commandments to a thousand generations;

Deu 10:12
(12) And now, Israel, what doth Yahweh thy Elohim require of thee, but to fear Yahweh thy Elohim, to walk in all His ways, and to love him, and to serve Yahweh thy ELohim with all thy heart and with all thy soul,

Deu 11:22
(22) For if ye shall diligently keep all these commandments which I command you, to do them, to love Yahweh your Elohim, to walk in all his ways, and to cleave unto him;

Jos 22:5

(5) But take diligent heed to do the commandment and the law, which Moses the servant of Yahweh charged you, to love Yahweh your Elohim, and to walk in all his ways, and to keep his commandments, and to cleave unto him, and to serve him with all your heart and with all your soul.

Neh 1:5
(5) And said, I beseech thee, O Yahweh Elohim of heaven, the great and terrible El, that keepeth covenant and mercy for them that love him and observe his commandments:

Dan 9:4
(4) And I prayed unto Yahweh my Elohim, and made my confession, and said, O Yahweh, the great and dreadful El, keeping the covenant and mercy to them that love Him, and to them that keep His commandments;

1Jn 5:2-3

(2) By this we know that we love the children of Elohim, when we love Elohim, and keep his commandments.
(3) For this is the love of Elohim, that we keep His commandments: and His commandments are not grievous.

Rom 13:8-10

(8) Owe no man any thing, but to love one another: for he that loveth another hath fulfilled the law.
(9) For this, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not kill, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, Thou shalt not covet; and if there be any other commandment, it is briefly comprehended in this saying, namely, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
(10) Love worketh no ill to his neighbour: therefore love is the fulfilling of the law.

So we are in perfect agreement Sojourner, and Yeshua also agrees in that IF one will not listen to what Moses wrote, they will not hear Him. So when Yeshua commands us to Love Elohim and our neighbor, He surely requires of us to love by keeping the commands. And one of those commands is that a man should not lay with a man as with a woman. KB
No it doesn't. Read Paul.