• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why did god create homosexuality?

I.S.L.A.M617

Illuminatus
It has always brought about great confusion as to why Yahweh/Allah created homosexuality. He permitted all of the world to exist and designed each aspect about it but why would he create a sin which cannot be avoided even on the biological level.
This is easily equated to god punishing people for being of a certain ethnicity. It seems illogical that a god would punish his own creation for his own design

Because the people that invented this lie didn't cover all their bases... This is one of many gaping holes in the "infallible" Abrahamic religions.

dust1n

Zindīq
Just curious, is there a Bible verse in which something is claimed not to be made by God?

Sadly there is none as according to the Bible it is reiterated that god created everything including the evil.

I wonder then, how Christians keep trying to say God didn't create something... they respond with all these metaphysics that aren't from the Bible... could they be trying to rationalize against something in the Bible? :shrug: :D

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
Allow me to rephrase if we're gonna get technical. The word of God is riddled with gaping holes...
Of course it is. That's because it was interpreted and written down by human beings. Who are fallible. Who work for the church. Which is also fallible because it's a human institution.

But wait! You just argued that the religion is infallible?

sojourner

Out of all the churches I have attended and ministers and pastors I have listened to. I have never known a single one of them to say the Bible is not fallible nor the word of god.
Try again. This doesn't make sense.

You're saying that they all say that the bible is infallible and the word of God?
Or that none of them say that?

Sha'irullah

رسول الآلهة
Try again. This doesn't make sense.

You're saying that they all say that the bible is infallible and the word of God?
Or that none of them say that?

Missed part of my sentence.
I was saying that all churches and ministers I have known teach the Bible is infallible and the direct word of god through the holy spirit. Past Fredrick Price was my pastor and he was associated with the TBN network. Him followed by many others teach this. I have not been in a church in years now but perhaps things have changed :D

sojourner

Missed part of my sentence.
I was saying that all churches and ministers I have known teach the Bible is infallible and the direct word of god through the holy spirit. Past Fredrick Price was my pastor and he was associated with the TBN network. Him followed by many others teach this. I have not been in a church in years now but perhaps things have changed :D
There's your answer right there: TBN. Conservative. Fundamentalist. of course they're gonna preach that stuff, but it's fairly untenable, and was never intended by the early, historic church. The bible is not, has never been, will never be infallible. Neither is the religion.

I.S.L.A.M617

Illuminatus
Of course it is. That's because it was interpreted and written down by human beings. Who are fallible. Who work for the church. Which is also fallible because it's a human institution.

But wait! You just argued that the religion is infallible?

So the human beings just misinterpreted the infallible word of the perfect god, and in all his infinite wisdom he hasn't seen the need to correct them?

As for my "argument", I guess sarcasm escapes even the best and brightest...

I.S.L.A.M617

Illuminatus
Debating with Christian "intellectuals"... They throw every argument out there they can think of to justify their beliefs, and twist anything you say to create another argument that has nothing to do with the original point. The "debate" becomes so wrapped up in semantics that it becomes more of a contest to see who can use the most words to effectively say absolutely nothing. By the end when you've decided it's going nowhere and is not worth the headache, they claim victory and give the credit to almighty God... Hallelujah

Sha'irullah

رسول الآلهة
Debating with Christian "intellectuals"... They throw every argument out there they can think of to justify their beliefs, and twist anything you say to create another argument that has nothing to do with the original point. The "debate" becomes so wrapped up in semantics that it becomes more of a contest to see who can use the most words to effectively say absolutely nothing. By the end when you've decided it's going nowhere and is not worth the headache, they claim victory and give the credit to almighty God... Hallelujah

Humorous fact. Watch a debate with a Christian verses a Muslims, a Christian verses a Hindu and a Christian vs an Atheist. Christianity is the only religion that looses to all other religion then the lack there of :D.

Funny is it not. If you remove Christian inerrancy from the table the other religion immediately looks better but if you add Biblical infallibility it ruins the argument still.

sojourner

So the human beings just misinterpreted the infallible word of the perfect god, and in all his infinite wisdom he hasn't seen the need to correct them?

As for my "argument", I guess sarcasm escapes even the best and brightest...
The word never was "infallible." I don't know who dreamed that up, but it never was meant to be "infallible."

Why would God need to correct anything? Our faith is not predicated upon the bible, but upon the relationship of the community of believers -- always has been.