• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why did god create homosexuality?

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
Remember the FRAILITY of Heaven... the PERFECT Place and Home of The CREATOR..

Even Heaven fell and a third of heaven rebelled against God.

I think Homosexuals are more evidence of Good Old Fashion rebellion..
<Tap, tap, tap on the shoulder>
Pardon me...

have you tended to that HUGE LOG in your eye? It appears to be infected.

Latuwr

Hi Sojourner,
Blessings to you through Messiah Yahushua, My YAHWEH and My ELOHIM!
Shabbat Shalom!
The living Messiah Yahushua has blessed me to be a part of HIMSELF. Did HIS calling and choosing of me come by accident? HIS Saints are known to HIM prior to this present age so why do you reject the idea that the unrevealed Sons of ELOHIM each existed as a "heavenly being" from the Beginning?
These Saints all know that YAHWEH ELOHIM did not create homosexuality, and they all know that the practice of homosexuality is much more than just naughty because of the nature of all those who made homosexuality a practice.
YAHWEH ELOHIM made man male and female, and HE commanded that they be fruitful and multiply! If YAHWEH made man such a command, why would YAHWEH create a practice that contradicts what HE has commanded? Now, which "heavenly being" is it that always seeks to subvert and contradict YAHWEH?
Thanking you in advance should you be moved to reply, I am,
Sincerely, Latuwr

Question_love_act

Humanist... "Animalist"?
YAHWEH ELOHIM made man male and female

Not quite.
How common is intersex? | Intersex Society of North America

Intersex condition is just an example on how people are never fully "male" or "female".

That's why the Genesis story was not intended to be used for hating. Rather, I take it as an invitation to celebrate diversity.

God created male and female (as well as many "in-betweens"). He could have created only one sex (asexual reproduction is possible in the animal kingdom such as some lizard species who are only female), but He chose diversity.

Wow! So male and female have to understand that they were created different... But alike at the same time since they both come from God. Why in the first place would it be different from any form of diversity on Earth?

Last edited:

sojourner

Hi Sojourner,
Shabbat Shalom!
The living Messiah Yahushua has blessed me to be a part of HIMSELF. Did HIS calling and choosing of me come by accident? HIS Saints are known to HIM prior to this present age so why do you reject the idea that the unrevealed Sons of ELOHIM each existed as a "heavenly being" from the Beginning?
These Saints all know that YAHWEH ELOHIM did not create homosexuality, and they all know that the practice of homosexuality is much more than just naughty because of the nature of all those who made homosexuality a practice.
YAHWEH ELOHIM made man male and female, and HE commanded that they be fruitful and multiply! If YAHWEH made man such a command, why would YAHWEH create a practice that contradicts what HE has commanded? Now, which "heavenly being" is it that always seeks to subvert and contradict YAHWEH?
Sincerely, Latuwr
God created all people as embodied souls. (Genesis 1). How do they know that Go didn't create homosexuality? Because "the Bible says so?" The Bible also says that the earth is disc-shaped and the sky is a rigid dome upon which are fixed the sun, moon and stars. Science knows differently in both cases. "The saints" don't reject knowledge on the basis of "the Bible says."

God made some people barren, which also precludes "be fruitful." But, somehow, homosexually is magically different.

God didn't "command people to multiply." Someone said that God said it -- a flawed human being who could only perceive the world from his own POV.

Who is it who spreads falsehood, as in the case of "God said?"What you "believe" notwithstanding, God didn't "say it."

Question_love_act

Humanist... "Animalist"?
"The saints" don't reject knowledge on the basis of "the Bible says." (...)

God made some people barren, which also precludes "be fruitful." But, somehow, homosexually is magically different.

The Word of God is indeed larger than the Bible. Or any other book. Why attribute divine power to writing instead of experience, knowledge, wisdom, action, love?

Barren people is also an example of God's diverse creation. Being fruitful is much more than having children. It's creating life and purpose around you.

Enai de a lukal

How do they know that Go didn't create homosexuality? Because "the Bible says so?"

The Bible never "says so"- it prohibits homosexual acts, as in Leviticus or the Gospel of Mathew, but never says that God didn't create homosexuality.

In fact, since it does say that God created the universe and everything in it, and since homosexuality is obviously something in the universe (not to mention the patent fact that it can be found in a wide range of species besides humans and is thus apparently natural), the obvious conclusion is that God did indeed create homosexuality.
:cool:

sojourner

The Bible never "says so"- it prohibits homosexual acts, as in Leviticus or the Gospel of Mathew, but never says that God didn't create homosexuality.

In fact, since it does say that God created the universe and everything in it, and since homosexuality is obviously something in the universe (not to mention the patent fact that it can be found in a wide range of species besides humans and is thus apparently natural), the obvious conclusion is that God did indeed create homosexuality.
:cool:
So... God created homosexuality as a normal, healthy sexual orientation, and the bible "forbids" the expression of that sexuality?

Agnostic75

Latuwr said:
YAHWEH ELOHIM made man male and female.......

And God quite obviously made homosexuals male and female. Otherwise, all homosexuals would be male, or female.

Latuwr said:
and HE commanded that they be fruitful and multiply!

All bonobo monkeys are bi-sexual, and they multiply.

Homosexuals can bear children, and a few of them do, but since God did not give homosexuals sexual urges towards the opposite sex, why should they bear children? They can adopt children if they wish, and there is a need to find good homes for many children.

World population needs less people, not more people.

Many animals probably practiced homosexuality long before humans existed. Natural disasters existed long before humans existed, and animals killed each other long before humans existed.

Sex between healthy, monogamous homosexuals can be very rewarding, and very enjoyable, and does not harm anyone. I doubt that any moral God would be opposed to that.

It is well-known that long term sexual abstinence has some health risks, and that having sex has some benefits.

Having sex is normal. Long term abstinence is abnormal.

God did not have to create homosexuality among animals, and humans, but he did. Most animals seem to do fine practicing homosexuality, and so do the majority of monogamous homosexuals.

Enai de a lukal

So... God created homosexuality as a normal, healthy sexual orientation
I didn't say that, nor did the Bible, i.e. that it is normal or healthy. But would you agree that-

1. The Bible (Gen specifically) describes God as creating the universe and everything in it?
2. That homosexuality is something in the universe?

And finally that-

3. If God created the universe and everything in it, and homosexuality is in the universe, then it follows that God created homosexuality?

Seems pretty straightforward to me...

(and obviously this begs the question of why God would forbid something He created- but did he not create the Tree of Knowledge, and create Adam and Eve with a desire for knowledge, but nevertheless forbid they satisfy this desire? In other words, aren't there othre things which God created but forbids?)

sojourner

I didn't say that, nor did the Bible, i.e. that it is normal or healthy. But would you agree that-

1. The Bible (Gen specifically) describes God as creating the universe and everything in it?
2. That homosexuality is something in the universe?

And finally that-

3. If God created the universe and everything in it, and homosexuality is in the universe, then it follows that God created homosexuality?

Seems pretty straightforward to me...

(and obviously this begs the question of why God would forbid something He created- but did he not create the Tree of Knowledge, and create Adam and Eve with a desire for knowledge, but nevertheless forbid they satisfy this desire? In other words, aren't there othre things which God created but forbids?)
Ancient understanding superimposed on modern sensibilities.

Sha'irullah

رسول الآلهة
God created all people as embodied souls. (Genesis 1). How do they know that Go didn't create homosexuality? Because "the Bible says so?" The Bible also says that the earth is disc-shaped and the sky is a rigid dome upon which are fixed the sun, moon and stars. Science knows differently in both cases. "The saints" don't reject knowledge on the basis of "the Bible says."

God didn't "command people to multiply." Someone said that God said it -- a flawed human being who could only perceive the world from his own POV.

Who is it who spreads falsehood, as in the case of "God said?"What you "believe" notwithstanding, God didn't "say it."

Just how do you acquire your doctrine exactly? If the Bible is not this perfect literacy piece with divine origins how is it relevant to you still?

Obviously the Bible condemns homosexuality

Question_love_act

Humanist... "Animalist"?

I don't know if that's what sojourner meant, because I also agree that we have to consider what homosexuality means today and what it meant then.

The biblical stories referring to same-sex people have sexual relations (I purposely did not mention the word "homosexuality") are anchored in a specific understanding of sexuality that most Christians do not truly share today.

The specific reason why same-sex sexual contact was not allowed in this period is that sperm was considered precious and could not be "wasted" for any other purpose than reproduction. That's why masturbation was also not tolerated. Also, people were not perceived as inherently "homosexual" or "heterosexual".

We are very far from our contemporary understanding is sexual orientation.

dgirl1986

Big Queer Chesticles!
Not quite.
How common is intersex? | Intersex Society of North America

Intersex condition is just an example on how people are never fully "male" or "female".

That's why the Genesis story was not intended to be used for hating. Rather, I take it as an invitation to celebrate diversity.

God created male and female (as well as many "in-betweens"). He could have created only one sex (asexual reproduction is possible in the animal kingdom such as some lizard species who are only female), but He chose diversity.

Wow! So male and female have to understand that they were created different... But alike at the same time since they both come from God. Why in the first place would it be different from any form of diversity on Earth?

Very interesting, thanks for this post!

Latuwr

Hi dgirl1986,
You wrote:
"Actually no were not. Reading from scripture does not mean you were there unless you are an immortal which a doubt."
My Messiah Yahushua alone has immortality (see 1 Timothy 6:16).
If My Messiah Yahushua has made me a part of HIMSELF, then how can you doubt that I am an immortal?
Sincerely, Latuwr

dgirl1986

Big Queer Chesticles!
Hi dgirl1986,
You wrote:
"Actually no were not. Reading from scripture does not mean you were there unless you are an immortal which a doubt."
My Messiah Yahushua alone has immortality (see 1 Timothy 6:16).
If My Messiah Yahushua has made me a part of HIMSELF, then how can you doubt that I am an immortal?
Sincerely, Latuwr

I think you misunderstand the verse. It refers to him being immortal, not ministers. I suggest you read verses in context before using them to prove your "points".

sojourner

Care to elaborate?
Sure! you said:
and obviously this begs the question of why God would forbid something He created- but did he not create the Tree of Knowledge, and create Adam and Eve with a desire for knowledge, but nevertheless forbid they satisfy this desire? In other words, aren't there othre things which God created but forbids?
The story of the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil is an ancient, mythic story, that is obviously metaphoric. No one has ever assumed that God really meant for humanity to remain ignorant of good and evil -- to remain immature and not able to take responsibility for ourselves. It's a theological take on an anthropological issue.

Homosexuality just doesn't fit that bill. There's nothing metaphoric about the injunctions against homosexual acts. The ancients didn't have a concept for sexual orientation as a normal, healthy expression of one's identity, as we understand it today. If the bible were written today, those injunctions would be far more narrowly-defined and legalistic. "Laying with a man as with a woman" is a pretty broad and poorly-defined statement, indicative of a lack of full understanding of just what is going on.

Comparing the injunctions against homosexual acts and the injunction against eating the fruit are two different concerns that cannot be compared.

sojourner

Just how do you acquire your doctrine exactly? If the Bible is not this perfect literacy piece with divine origins how is it relevant to you still?

Doctrine is established from the Tradition of the community, of which the bible is only part. The bible has "Divine origin" in that the community that produced it was a community rooted in God. But human beings still produced it. It's relevant -- not because of "Divine injunction," but because it is the "family story."

Obviously, the bible doesn't condemn what its writers had no cognizance of.

Sculelos

Doctrine is established from the Tradition of the community, of which the bible is only part. The bible has "Divine origin" in that the community that produced it was a community rooted in God. But human beings still produced it. It's relevant -- not because of "Divine injunction," but because it is the "family story."

Obviously, the bible doesn't condemn what its writers had no cognizance of.

To say the Biblical writers didn't understand what they were speaking of is to assume they are idiots.

18 And the Lord spake unto Moses, saying,Speak unto the children of Israel, and say unto them, I am the Lord your God.After the doings of the land of Egypt, wherein ye dwelt, shall ye not do: and after the doings of the land of Canaan, whither I bring you, shall ye not do: neither shall ye walk in their ordinances. Ye shall do my judgments, and keep mine ordinances, to walk therein: I am the Lord your God. Ye shall therefore keep my statutes, and my judgments: which if a man do, he shall live in them: I am the Lord. None of you shall approach to any that is near of kin to him, to uncover their nakedness: I am the Lord. The nakedness of thy father, or the nakedness of thy mother, shalt thou not uncover: she is thy mother; thou shalt not uncover her nakedness. The nakedness of thy father's wife shalt thou not uncover: it is thy father's nakedness. The nakedness of thy sister, the daughter of thy father, or daughter of thy mother, whether she be born at home, or born abroad, even their nakedness thou shalt not uncover. The nakedness of thy son's daughter, or of thy daughter's daughter, even their nakedness thou shalt not uncover: for theirs is thine own nakedness. The nakedness of thy father's wife's daughter, begotten of thy father, she is thy sister, thou shalt not uncover her nakedness. Thou shalt not uncover the nakedness of thy father's sister: she is thy father's near kinswoman. Thou shalt not uncover the nakedness of thy mother's sister: for she is thy mother's near kinswoman.4 Thou shalt not uncover the nakedness of thy father's brother, thou shalt not approach to his wife: she is thine aunt.
Thou shalt not uncover the nakedness of thy daughter in law: she is thy son's wife; thou shalt not uncover her nakedness. Thou shalt not uncover the nakedness of thy brother's wife: it is thy brother's nakedness.
Thou shalt not uncover the nakedness of a woman and her daughter, neither shalt thou take her son's daughter, or her daughter's daughter, to uncover her nakedness; for they are her near kinswomen: it is wickedness.
Neither shalt thou take a wife to her sister, to vex her, to uncover her nakedness, beside the other in her life time. Also thou shalt not approach unto a woman to uncover her nakedness, as long as she is put apart for her uncleanness. Moreover thou shalt not lie carnally with thy neighbour's wife, to defile thyself with her. And thou shalt not let any of thy seed pass through the fire to Molech, neither shalt thou profane the name of thy God: I am the Lord. Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination. Neither shalt thou lie with any beast to defile thyself therewith: neither shall any woman stand before a beast to lie down thereto: it is confusion.
Defile not ye yourselves in any of these things: for in all these the nations are defiled which I cast out before you: And the land is defiled: therefore I do visit the iniquity thereof upon it, and the land itself vomiteth out her inhabitants. Ye shall therefore keep my statutes and my judgments, and shall not commit any of these abominations; neither any of your own nation, nor any stranger that sojourneth among you:(For all these abominations have the men of the land done, which were before you, and the land is defiled;)
That the land spue not you out also, when ye defile it, as it spued out the nations that were before you. For whosoever shall commit any of these abominations, even the souls that commit them shall be cut off from among their people. Therefore shall ye keep mine ordinance, that ye commit not any one of these abominable customs, which were committed before you, and that ye defile not yourselves therein: I am the Lord your God.

This is a pretty simple list of rules. Uncover nakedness has a meaning and this means don't marry nor have sexual relations with these people. (And this is important since people were allowed to have multiple wives)

1. Don't Sleep with your brother, sister, mother, father. Nor your wife's children, brother, sister, mother or father. Nor your nieces or nephews, nor your own children, nor your aunts or uncles, nor your grandfather or grandmother. Basically no immediate relatives this is simple and pretty much mostly followed these day's without question.

2. Don't sleep with animals, this really doesn't even need explanation but Moses clearly said not to do this as some people really do want to sleep with animals as messed up as that sounds.

3. Don't sleep with your wife on her period, this is common sense.

4. Don't let your seed pass through the fire to Molech, this means you shall not offer your children as sacrifices to the Sun God Ra or the Bull Taurus. This is very important as this had happened very frequently at that time.

5. Don't have sexual relations with those of the same sex, this is the really controversial issue but remember that in the New Testament

Also in Romans it says not to have Anal intercourse with Woman for it is also an abomination.

For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness; Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them.For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse: Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools, And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things. Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves: Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen. For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature: And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.
And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient; Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers, Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents, Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful:
Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.