• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why did god create homosexuality?

Agnostic75

Latuwr said:
The type of love that culture advocates brings harm to ones neighbor. This type of love does not fulfill the Law. The love that comes from culture is the source of sexual diseases and all manner of heartache to the participants, all in the name of a pseudo love.

But most health experts know that many homosexuals do not have any sexual diseases, and are healthy, and happy. In addition, about half of homosexuals are monogamous.

Why do you suppose that all bonobo monkeys are bi-sexual, and that experts say that their bi-sexuality provides them with important benefits, and does not harm them?

Why do you suppose that long before humans existed, some animals killed each other? Obviously, the supposed fall of man would not be a good answer since many animals existed long before humans did.

Latuwr said:
My Messiah Yahushua said it best.......

An article at The Messiah's Hebrew Name: "Yeshua" Or "Yahshua"? shows that "Dr. Danny Ben-Gigi says of the Yahshua form that 'there is no such name in Hebrew' and that 'people invented it to fit their theology.'"

Are you a part of the "sacred name movement," as discussed in articles at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sacred_Name_Movement, and
http://www.letusreason.org/sacna%202.htm? The second article better describes the controversies that have been created by the movement. Apparently, the movement's claims are faulty, and are not backed by most scholarship.

From a logical, and historical perspective, no one can know which particular things Jesus said that the Bible says that he said. It is well-known that the Bible contains some interpolations, and some forgeries.

Do you believe that a global flood occurred?

Last edited:

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
Conversion to belief in My Messiah Yahushua made Jewish converts all the more zealous for the physical keeping of the Law (see Acts 21:20-21).
You obviously didn't read my argument. Most homosexuals aren't Jewish, and so aren't bound to the Mosaic Law. Neither are most Christians Jewish, and, as such, are not bound to the Mosaic Law.
This was not a "And 'round and 'round you go" issue for the Jerusalem Believers.
But it is for you.
(The Law does not teach that being a homosexual is sin, but it does say that males practicing arsenocoites is a sin. If you should look back at my posts to you, you will discover that nowhere do I say that homosexuality is a sin. I do without reservation say that the practice of homosexuality is a sin.)
That's because the writers of the Law didn't recognize the existence of homosexuality. Therefore, any homosexual practice would have been viewed as unnatural and unhealthy. The Law is flawed, because it does not take into account what science has told us is true of human beings. A flawed law need not be taken into account.
(This is true, but is not this thread seeking to understand why and how homosexuality became part of the nature of men and women and the reason why ELOHIM deemed such practice sinful?)
See above. the writers said God said homosexual acts are sinful, because they did not fully understand the nature of human sexuality. There's your reason.

You're welcome.

sojourner

In other words, Sojourner, what does the giving of commandments to Adam and Eve tell us about their created nature?
It tells us that they were endowed with free will, and so needed guidance in their infancy as a species with free will.

There used to be an unwritten law that we could not exceed 30 mph, because if we did, we'd vaporize. That was in the day when going 30 mph was neither technologically available, nor safe. Now that we understand the physics of speed, we choose to hold ourselves under 30 mph when it's wise for us to do so -- not because "it's a sin," but because it's unsafe. There may have been a time when homosexual acts were not well-understood, and homosexuality as a normal orientation was unknown. They lacked the technology of human sexuality, and so there was a law based on that lack of understanding. Now that we have that science available to us, and that understanding, the law is obsolete.

Latuwr

Hi Agnostic75,
Blessings to you through Messiah Yahushua, My YAHWEH and My ELOHIM!
I began using the Sacred Names in the late 1990s while posting at the EliYah Forum. I adopted the use of Yahushua simply because a poster there advised me that Yahushua was the most proper expression. His arguments did not convince me to use Yahushua. What convinced me was that over time I grew to like and respect him.
I actually starting using the Sacred Names because I grew weary of constantly arguing with Sacred Namers about whether it is sin to use their alternatives. They will wear you out. I have personally had marathon sessions in my home which have lasted 12 hours or more arguing about the Names. I don't mind a good argument, but, for the most part, it is almost impossible to reason with a Sacred Namer. If you cannot lick them, join them, and that is exactly what I did.
EliYah suspected that I was a cloaked sacred namer, that is, one who uses the Sacred Names without believing it is really necessary. I had to leave his forum because of the restrictions he placed on their usage.
So, you can see, Agnostic75, I am not willing to bite on your bait. I have no desire to argue about the Sacred Names, but since you have offered me links, please accept this link from me:
Why "Yahushua"?
If you are really interested in this subject, then you can compare what EliYah does say about Yahushua with the arguments of your experts.
Thanking you in advance should you be moved to reply, I am,
Sincerely, Latuwr

Latuwr

Hi Agnostic75,
Why would you imagine that I would be interested in comparing monkeys to men or men to monkeys? And why do you think that I am the least bit interested in the fact that prehistoric animals killed each other? Sorry, I will not bite on these baits either.
Now, the Flood, you might get a nibble there, but there a lot more important issues, which if you were so inclined, we could consider!
How about this issue: What does it take to retain the spirit within you?
The spirit gives life to your flesh, and you along with all of mankind, whether they be practicing homosexuals or practicing heterosexuals, have no power to keep your spirit in your flesh. You all, barring death by violence, you all will grow older and eventually get sick and die, that is, you will be forced to give up your spirit.
Now, if there existed a way to retain your spirit in your body, would that not be of paramount interest to you?
Let's see if you or other males have sex with males do nibble upon my tit?
Sincerely, Latuwr

Latuwr

Hi Sojourner,
You asserted:
"You obviously didn't read my argument. Most homosexuals aren't Jewish, and so aren't bound to the Mosaic Law. Neither are most Christians Jewish, and, as such, are not bound to the Mosaic Law."
How about that? I see that you are now raising a distinction between Jew and Gentile to justify your stance against the Law. By your statement, you are admitting to me that Jewish homosexuals who practice arsenocoites have indeed engaged in sin.
You, on the other hand, just like the JWs, do not consider that you have ever been under the Law; therefore, Gentile homosexuals who practice arsenocoites, according to your reasoning, do not engage in sin. How convenient!
Here is what the Apostle Paul has to say about such reasoning:
Galatians 3:22
22 But the scripture hath concluded all under sin, that the promise by faith of Yahushua Messiah might be given to them that believe.
Please notice that according to Apostle Paul that there exists a very specific scripture which incloses all, both Jew and Gentile, under sin. If Gentiles have never been under the Law as you say, how were Gentiles according to Paul also concluded to be sinners?
Sincerely, Latuwr

Question_love_act

Humanist... "Animalist"?
If by behavior you include emotions and identity, you can say a sexual orientation is a behavior. A common misconception though would be to say that sexual orientation = sexual behavior. Just like heterosexuals are not only heterosexual because they have sex with the other sex, bisexuals and homosexuals do more than having sex with the same sex.

However I believe it makes sense that God created the people, but not their behavior. Neither did She create the feelings, thoughts and so on.

Someone changed my view of God when she told me that God created the "basic" material for life on Earth. What we perceive as "basic" material though is not fixed and largely determined by our era. In around -500 (when the Genesis was written), these basic materials where the land, the plants, the animals,... But today we call them "molecules", but it's still the same point: God created basics and He let them develop on their own.

So in that "deloppement" period more complex behaviors such as the concept of couples, monogamous relationships, sexual identity, etc. we're created. And they intertwined to create what we now know as "sexual orientation".

InChrist

Free4ever
What??

People are their behaviors....

What I mean is that in the scriptures I see that God created people and designed people to function in certain ways which are beneficial to self and others. Behaviors which are outside of God’s design, rather than being beneficial, are destructive. Any such behaviors were not created by God.

For out of the heart proceed evil thoughts, murders, adulteries, fornications, thefts, false witness, blasphemies. Matthew 15:19

Agnostic75

InChrist said:
What I mean is that in the scriptures I see that God created people and designed people to function in certain ways which are beneficial to self and others. Behaviors which are outside of God’s design, rather than being beneficial, are destructive. Any such behaviors were not created by God.

But apparently, God created homosexuality as a normal variation, not only in humans, but also in over 1500 species of animals, and birds. All bonobo monkeys are bi-sexual, and experts say that their bi-sexuality benefits them in a number of ways, and does not harm them. Homosexuality is not generally destructive for humans, or for other animals, and about half of homosexuals are monogamous, many of whom are much healthier than many Christians are.

Since sexual identity is not a choice, homosexuals do not choose their sexual identity. There merely respond to the kind of world that God created for them. God did not have to create widespread homosexuality among humans, and many other animals, but he chose to. The best way to assess homosexuality is how does it benefit, and harm, humans, and many other animals. The Bible alone is not sufficient since it is not reasonably possible to verify everything that the originals said. It is well-known that the Bible contains some interpolations, and some forgeries, and those are only the ones that are obvious to many Bible scholars.

If God intended for the Bible to partly be a book of rules, he would have made sure that everyone in the world had access to it, and not needlessly allow millions of people to die without ever hearing about it.

Spreading any message, whether written, or verbal, entirely by human effort, is very inefficient, and ensures that millions of people will die without ever hearing the message. I no not think that a moral God would do that. I think that he would make himself available to everyone spiritually, and would not deliberately created confusion with written records, which creates problems such as authorship, dates of composition, sources, interpretations, interpolations, and forgeries.

Animals killing each other did not likely happen because of the supposed fall of man since many animals were killing each other long before humans existed, and you can bet that many of them practiced homosexuality. If God did not approve of homosexuality, why would he have caused many animals and birds to practice homosexuality before humans existed?

Please, do not condemn homosexuals because of certain writings that you assume were inspired by God thousands of years ago. No moral God would condemn any behavior that was not harmful. Homosexuality is not harmful if it is practiced safely, and neither is heterosexual sex.

Last edited:

dgirl1986

Big Queer Chesticles!

For out of the heart proceed evil thoughts, murders, adulteries, fornications, thefts, false witness, blasphemies. Matthew 15:19

How do you know that it was outside of gods design? Did you ask him directly? Did he answer directly? Were you there in the early stages of mans existence?

Question_love_act

Humanist... "Animalist"?
Homosexuality is not self-destructive. People believe that because they don't know what homosexuality is and think it's only sexual. Like Agnostic75 said, most gays are monogamous. And lesbians are even more monogamous than heterosexuals! See for instance "Monogamy Is All the Rage These Days" by Karen Schrock on Scientific American. (Sorry I cannot post a link as I'm new member, I will soon!).

Also, people believe that sexual orientation "causes" things to happen. Sexual orientation is not a cause of anything, many other factors as such as personality, values, social background, etc. When I hear on the news that homosexuality "causes" or "brings to" drug abuse, sexual promiscuity, depression or many other things, I always laugh! How did they consider any OTHER factors? And how do they explain that many of those things happen to heterosexuals too?

Latuwr

Hi dgirl1986,
Blessings to you through My Messiah Yahushua, My YAHWEH and My ELOHIM!
You asked:
"Were you there in the early stages of mans existence?"
Absolutely:

Job 38:7
7 When the morning stars sang together, and all the sons of ELOHIM shouted for joy?
The cornerstone is My Messiah Yahushua. I was there, and I shouted for joy. How about you dgirl1986, did you shout for joy?
Sincerely, Latuwr

sojourner

Hi dgirl1986,
You asked:
Absolutely:

7 When the morning stars sang together, and all the sons of ELOHIM shouted for joy?
The cornerstone is My Messiah Yahushua. I was there, and I shouted for joy. How about you dgirl1986, did you shout for joy?
Sincerely, Latuwr
Let's look at that verse in context, shall we?
36:17 “But you are obsessed with the case of the wicked;
judgment and justice seize you.
18 Beware that wrath does not entice you into scoffing,
and do not let the greatness of the ransom turn you aside.
19 Will your cry avail to keep you from distress,
or will all the force of your strength?
20 Do not long for the night,
when peoples are cut off in their place.
21 Beware! Do not turn to iniquity;
because of that you have been tried by affliction.
22 See, God is exalted in his power;
who is a teacher like him?
23 Who has prescribed for him his way,
or who can say, ‘You have done wrong’?
38 Then the Lord answered Job out of the whirlwind:

38:2 “Who is this that darkens counsel by words without knowledge?
3 Gird up your loins like a man,
I will question you, and you shall declare to me.
4 “Where were you when I laid the foundation of the earth?
Tell me, if you have understanding.
5 Who determined its measurements—surely you know!
Or who stretched the line upon it?
6 On what were its bases sunk,
or who laid its cornerstone
7 when the morning stars sang together
and all the heavenly beings[a] shouted for joy?
8 “Or who shut in the sea with doors
when it burst out from the womb?—
9 when I made the clouds its garment,
and thick darkness its swaddling band,
10 and prescribed bounds for it,
and set bars and doors,
11 and said, ‘Thus far shall you come, and no farther,
and here shall your proud waves be stopped’?
12 “Have you commanded the morning since your days began,
and caused the dawn to know its place,
13 so that it might take hold of the skirts of the earth,
and the wicked be shaken out of it?
14 It is changed like clay under the seal,
and it is dyed like a garment.
15 Light is withheld from the wicked,
and their uplifted arm is broken.

You've misquoted the text. It doesn't say what you want it to say at all -- unless, of course, you're claiming to be a "heavenly being." This is God's answer to Job's petty questioning. If you're going to use Job here, then it must speak to our petty questioning about "why did God create homosexuality?" Answer: We don't know. God's purposes are greater than our ability to discern. So, instead of assuming that we know, and that homosexuality is "naughty," we take nature at face value, take our worth in God's eyes at face value, and live in love and charity with our neighbor.

dgirl1986

Big Queer Chesticles!
Hi dgirl1986,
You asked:
Absolutely:
Sincerely, Latuwr

Actually no were not. Reading from scripture does not mean you were there unless you are an immortal which a doubt 100%

Remember the FRAILITY of Heaven... the PERFECT Place and Home of The CREATOR..

Even Heaven fell and a third of heaven rebelled against God.

I think Homosexuals are more evidence of Good Old Fashion rebellion..