• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why did God send Satan to us instead of hell.

lilithu

The Devil's Advocate
Folks, there is no such a thing as Satan! Let's wake up and smell the coffee! We are in the 21st. Century for heaven's sake! The Middle Age is long gone! Satan is but a concept to illustrate the evil inclination in man. Satan as a being is promoted only by religious crooks in order to play with people's fears and make a living off the naive ones.

Ben:rolleyes:
Oh, jeez louise. :rolleyes:

Ben Masada

Strange that God had no trouble using genocide on us with His flood for disobedience but would hesitate to bring one unruly angel to heel.

Especially strange when scripture tells us to stone our own unruly children.

God, not following His own teachings?????

Regards
DL

God has nothing to do with genocide, or flood, or disobedience. Since He granted us freewill, we are responsible for our own suffering. And this to bring an unruly angel to heel, makes no sense, because there was never such a thing. This unruly angel is but a concept for the evil inclination in man.

mohammed_beiruti

Qura'an ch.29
[2] Do men think that they will be left alone on saying, "We believe," and that they will not be tested?

[3] We did test those before them, and Allah will certainly know those who are true from those who are false.

[4] Do those who practise evil think that they will get the better of Us? Evil is their judgment!

[5] For those whose hopes are in the meeting with Allah (in the Hereafter, let them strive); for the Term (appointed) by Allah is surely coming: and He hears and knows (all things).

[6] And if any strive (with might and main), they do so for their own souls: for Allah is free of all needs from all creation.

herushura

Why is God so Innocent even his Son Jesus is not, infact he is a blastamous monstar, who deserves to be died

Jesus himself has darksides, He went around preaching that wealth will land you in hell. Jesus was guilty of six out of the seven sins. He had an arrogant ego and he lived well, Jesus and the Christian Church are measured against the Ten Commandments. The Church fails at least the first two. Jesus fails the last eight

Jesus was angry many times
20Then he began to upbraid the cities where most of his mighty works had been done, because they did not repent. (Matt: 11:20)
21He got angry at several towns for not repenting. He tells them, "But I tell you that it shall be more tolerable on the day of judgment for the land of Sodom than for you." (Matt. 11:21-24)
33"You serpents, you brood of vipers, how are you to escape being sentenced to hell?" (Matt. 23:33)
17You blind fools! For which is greater, the gold or the temple that has made the gold sacred? (Matt. 23:17)
5"And he looked around at them with anger, grieved at their hardness of heart, and said to the man,"Stretch out your hand." (Mark 3:5)
40You fools! Did not he who made the outside make the inside also? (Luke 11:40)

On the Sabbath, he and his disciples helped themselves to a farmer's grains. When asked why he violates Jewish law by eating on the Sabbath, he justified stealing by calling himself lord of the Sabbath.

Jesus got cranky when he was hungry. Once he cursed a fig tree for not having any fruit. The tree died.
18In the morning, as he was returning to the city, he was hungry.
19And seeing a fig tree by the wayside he went to it, and found nothing on it but leaves only. And he said to it, "May no fruit ever come from you again!" And the fig tree withered at once. (Matt: 21:18-19; Mark 11:12-14, 20) Abviossly the tree have no fruit "its autumn"

Lust is an inordinate craving for the pleasures of the body.
Jesus set an awfully high standard for what defines adultery when he defined it as looking at a woman with lust. Male hormones are very powerful.
27"You have heard that it was said, 'You shall not commit adultery.'
28But I say to you that every one who looks at a woman lustfully has already committed adultery with her in his heart. (Matt. 5:27-28)

Bad fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire.
19"Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire." (Matt. 7:19)

Depart into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels.
41Then he will say to those at his left hand, 'Depart from me, you cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels; (Matt. 25:41)
He looked around them with anger.
5"And he looked around at them with anger, grieved at their hardness of heart, and said to the man "Stretch out your hand." (Mark 3:5)
Believers will be saved; nonbelievers will be condemned.
16He who believes and is baptized will be saved; but he who does not believe will be condemned. (Mark 16:16)
Jesus appointed seventy men to go preaching from town to town. They were instructed to curse the towns if they weren't well received.

Greatest I am

No, you're still assuming the Christian story line of an epic struggle between God and Satan, as if they were equals.

Cordoba was referring to the Muslim version of the story. Satan never tries to topple God or be God's equal. Satan recognizes God as supreme ruler. He however feels that he is better than humans, and dislikes the preference that God gives to humans, and so becomes humanity's adversary. You could say that he is jealous of us. :p

Satan is said to have more power than man.
What is he jealous of?

If God is in control though, it seems funny that God would see his jealous angel and decide that the jealous one is the best candidate to represent all evils and to go pester those he does not like. Why would God chose Satan instead of some better suited to teach man?

Man+woman=son
God+lady God=Goodgod
God+woman=abomination
Angel+woman=flood

Regards
DL

Greatest I am

Folks, there is no such a thing as Satan! Let's wake up and smell the coffee! We are in the 21st. Century for heaven's sake! The Middle Age is long gone! Satan is but a concept to illustrate the evil inclination in man. Satan as a being is promoted only by religious crooks in order to play with people's fears and make a living off the naive ones.

Yes, children should put away their toys eventually. Time to become adult.

Satan is dead long live Satan.

Evil though, the thing that Satan was to represent is still about.

Regards
DL

herushura

Satan is said to have more power than man.
What is he jealous of?

If God is in control though, it seems funny that God would see his jealous angel and decide that the jealous one is the best candidate to represent all evils and to go pester those he does not like. Why would God chose Satan instead of some better suited to teach man?

Man+woman=son
God+lady God=Goodgod
God+woman=abomination
Angel+woman=flood

Regards
DL

Satan seams to have powers that are exact of gods powers.

Remember in new tests that jesus was tempted by satan. Satan had the power of all nations on earth

Jesus was led up into the wilderness to be tempted by the devil. Up? This means he went to heaven to meet the devil; not down into hell. Clue Satan=God

In essence, he was offered economic power as symbolized by the bread; psychological power as symbolized by immortality; and political power as symbolized by the kingdoms

Could it be that Satan made a better offer? Instead of dying on the cross, he would have had wealth, immortality and power. While Job remained faithful, Jesus, before he died, renounced his god by saying, My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?

Did Jesus Accept Satan's offer below sugested he did.
And Jesus came and said to them, All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. (Matt. 28:18)

Greatest I am

God has nothing to do with genocide, or flood, or disobedience. Since He granted us freewill, we are responsible for our own suffering. And this to bring an unruly angel to heel, makes no sense, because there was never such a thing. This unruly angel is but a concept for the evil inclination in man.

True but the concept of evil and sin is still why God keeps messing up on creating His sinless man. A limmit to God. Say it isn't so.

Regards
DL

Greatest I am

Satan seams to have powers that are exact of gods powers.

Remember in new tests that jesus was tempted by satan. Satan had the power of all nations on earth

Jesus was led up into the wilderness to be tempted by the devil. Up? This means he went to heaven to meet the devil; not down into hell. Clue Satan=God

In essence, he was offered economic power as symbolized by the bread; psychological power as symbolized by immortality; and political power as symbolized by the kingdoms

Could it be that Satan made a better offer? Instead of dying on the cross, he would have had wealth, immortality and power. While Job remained faithful, Jesus, before he died, renounced his god by saying, My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?

Did Jesus Accept Satan's offer below sugested he did.
And Jesus came and said to them, All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. (Matt. 28:18)

Could it be that Satan does not exist and there are no talking snakes?

Children must put there toys away at some point in time. How about now.

Read the Bible literally and you will never understand it.

Regards
DL

Been there preacher.

He said. This is true.

Man+woman=son
God+lady God=Goodgod
God+woman=abomination
Angel+woman=flood

Then you must make a change of ''THERE''.

This so-called equation proves you have never been close to the God I know.

There is no meaning, no proof and no sense in what you are trying to say.

Greatest I am

Then you must make a change of ''THERE''.

This so-called equation proves you have never been close to the God I know.

There is no meaning, no proof and no sense in what you are trying to say.

You say that I am wrong but not which one. Run away.

Regards
DL

Ben Masada

True but the concept of evil and sin is still why God keeps messing up on creating His sinless man. A limmit to God. Say it isn't so.

Regards
DL

There is no messing up with God, if what you mean hasn't missed my understanding.
Since God granted us freewill, any messing up has passed to the realm of ourselves. In
Ecclesiates 7:29, God created man almost perfect and man created the imperfections.

Ben:confused:

Greatest I am

What do you mean which one...your whole concept is based on nothing...what is the meaning of ''lady god''?

You have a serious problem perceivng God.

I have a problem perceiving God, you have a problem perceiving a Mrs God or lady God.

Lady God is of Gods species.

It means:
God does His own species, not our species. No bestiality for God thanks.

Jesus is a man, not a chimera or hybrid Man/God.
Regards
DL

Greatest I am

There is no messing up with God, if what you mean hasn't missed my understanding.
Since God granted us freewill, any messing up has passed to the realm of ourselves. In
Ecclesiates 7:29, God created man almost perfect and man created the imperfections.

God creates almost perfect.

Deuteronomy 32:4
He is the Rock, his work is perfect: for all his ways are judgment: a God of truth and without iniquity, just and right is he.

Why would anyone follow an almost perfect when a perfect is available?

Regards
DL

Ben Masada

God creates almost perfect.

Deuteronomy 32:4
He is the Rock, his work is perfect: for all his ways are judgment: a God of truth and without iniquity, just and right is he.

Why would anyone follow an almost perfect when a perfect is available?

Regards
DL

The "almost perfect" is not a reference to God but to man. And the "almost" is mine to account for freewill which if it had not been granted to man, than man would have been as perfect. Then, comes death as another imperfection, because everything that is created must come to an end.

herushura

The "almost perfect" is not a reference to God but to man. And the "almost" is mine to account for freewill which if it had not been granted to man, than man would have been as perfect. Then, comes death as another imperfection, because everything that is created must come to an end.

The Notion of Free Will is an Illusion