• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why did God send Satan to us instead of hell.

lilithu

The Devil's Advocate
God doesn't send the devil (for the exception of Job from what we know) what he does do is allow the devil in once in a while to test your faith....God wants to see if you are really didicated...God could do those things himself but...
But why would "He" need to? If you believe that God is omniscient, God should know how strong your faith is, and thus any such "test" as God supposedly gave to Job is simply cruel.

Have you actually read the book of Job? What Job says to God about 2/3rds of the way through? If it were as simple as a test of faith, as you claim, Job failed the test. And yet God rewards Job in the end and chastises his friends who never question God and blame Job for his sorrows. Perhaps you should rethink what God was doing with Job, and thus what the role of Satan is.

(And do you have an answer for why Satan was roaming freely around the earth and visiting God's heavenly court?)

Ben Masada

Who has been to the end to see what is left?

We both believe in a God. My God never used a genocidal flood. Yours?
My God does not hurt any of His perfect living souls.

God does not do oops in creating anything. Right?

You seem so fearful of losing earthly things as if reality ended here for you. It does not.

Are these true
Man+woman=son
God+lady God=Goodgod
God+woman=abomination
Angel+woman=flood

Regards
DL

Remember your first question: "Who has been to the end to see what is left?"
Now, go to your last sentence: "You seem so fearful of losing earthly things as if reality ended here for you. It does not."

None is the answer for the question. For the last sentence, how do you know it doesn't? Have you reached the end and returned with the answer?
And for the fear to lose earthly things, the hypocrite likes only to pay lip-service. But he is as fearful as any Jew.

Ben:rolleyes:

Last edited:

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
"Why did God send Satan to us instead of hell".

Because He didn't want him to suffer, He just wanted him to be really annoyed.

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
Maybe God sent Satan to us instead of hell, because he did want him to suffer. :p

Nah, According to my beliefs, God and Satan are like bar-buddies; they're always playing practical jokes on each other, but there's no real malicious intent.

God sending Satan to earth is sort of like not telling your male drinking buddy that the redhead he's hitting on is really a guy. :D

Ben Masada

But why would "He" need to? If you believe that God is omniscient, God should know how strong your faith is, and thus any such "test" as God supposedly gave to Job is simply cruel.

Have you actually read the book of Job? What Job says to God about 2/3rds of the way through? If it were as simple as a test of faith, as you claim, Job failed the test. And yet God rewards Job in the end and chastises his friends who never question God and blame Job for his sorrows. Perhaps you should rethink what God was doing with Job, and thus what the role of Satan is.

(And do you have an answer for why Satan was roaming freely around the earth and visiting God's heavenly court?)

The book of Job is only a piece of Jewish novel with the purpose to illustrate the role of the Suffering Servant in the redemption of Mankind. Literally, the man Job never existed. In other words, the book is a work of fiction, when like in dreams and visions, everything is possible, even for a fictitious entity like Satan to manipulate God, Who is purely spiritual and incorporeal.

Ben :clap

gnomon

Are these true
Man+woman=son
God+lady God=Goodgod
God+woman=abomination
Angel+woman=flood

The new math is really gettin' round here these days.

Let me get out some crayons, a TV remote and find a cat so I can proof these equations.

Ben Masada

Nah, According to my beliefs, God and Satan are like bar-buddies; they're always playing practical jokes on each other, but there's no real malicious intent.

God sending Satan to earth is sort of like not telling your male drinking buddy that the redhead he's hitting on is really a guy. :D

And they say in the NT that God is not to be mocked.:confused:

lilithu

The Devil's Advocate
God cannot be mocked; we are incapable of it. All that is being mocked here is a concept of God.

I think the much more important injunction is to not blaspheme against the Spirit.

Greatest I am

Here's my perception

There is NO ''lady god''
Jesus was a man...not God, nor God's son.
There is only one God, no male..no female...Almighty
God has no son...he is perfect...i.e. does not reproduce.

Can you tell me whats wrong with that for you

Not a thing.
I too believe in only one God. He is nameless.
What God do you follow? Why does It's perfect not include reproduction?

Regards
DL

Greatest I am

OK DL maybe I can help you.....

God doesn't send the devil (for the exception of Job from what we know) what he does do is allow the devil in once in a while to test your faith....God wants to see if you are really didicated...God could do those things himself but he made a promise to the New Covenant Church (the New Testament Church) that he wouldn't do us like he did the people of Old....Jesus dying on the cross was the key that sealed God's wrath on us and the Devil has been after us even harder ever since... The devil is after power and power is in the holy spirit in which God inparts in us as well as in his annointing so the devil works to get that annointed and a lot of the time god has nothing to do with tyhe devils work in us or rather on us

No help like this required.

Put away your supernatural toys and come back if you want to deal with things that are true.
There is no Satan or talking snakes and fish that spit out people after three days.

Are these true

Man+woman=son
God+lady God=Goodgod
God+woman=abomination
Angel+woman=flood

Regards
DL

Ben Masada

God cannot be mocked; we are incapable of it. All that is being mocked here is a concept of God.

I think the much more important injunction is to not blaspheme against the Spirit.

Way to go Lilithus! Finally someone whom I agree with.

Ben)(

Minister_E

Could You explain where you came to the conclusion that Job failed in his faith...My bible say on many occasion that during Job's long suffering he kept faith in God... Job 19:25-27..Job's test was to see if he was ever going to speak down on the lords name....and He never did that...time and time again adversity would come up Job's wife told him to speak down on God, job's friends yet he kept focused and prospered in the end....it was a test to see how faithful Job was...it clearly says that God hand picked Job b/c he knew Job was a good man and would let the devil get to him.......Jobs test was to show his divotion, his character in God and his willingness to stay strong in HIS faith in Jesus...regardless of what happens...and he did that...thats what my bible says......

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member

That's super.
icon14.gif

lilithu

The Devil's Advocate
Could You explain where you came to the conclusion that Job failed in his faith...My bible say on many occasion that during Job's long suffering he kept faith in God... Job 19:25-27..Job's test was to see if he was ever going to speak down on the lords name....and He never did that...time and time again adversity would come up Job's wife told him to speak down on God, job's friends yet he kept focused and prospered in the end....it was a test to see how faithful Job was...it clearly says that God hand picked Job b/c he knew Job was a good man and would let the devil get to him.......Jobs test was to show his divotion, his character in God and his willingness to stay strong in HIS faith in Jesus...regardless of what happens...and he did that...thats what my bible says......
Dude, you seem not to have read the book yourself, only to have accepted what someone else has told you. Job's wife does tell him to "curse God and die", yes. But Job's friends never tell him such a thing. Job's three "friends," each in their own way, say that God is never wrong, never unjust, and therefore if Job is suffering it must be because of something that he did. THAT is when Job gets mad. Does he curse God? Perhaps not. But he definitely questions God's goodness and fairness, wonders why the evil are rewarded while the good are punished, and challenges God to justify God's actions.

And let's be clear, I didn't conclude that Job failed in his faith. My argument is that *IF* you think that Job's torments are due to God testing to see whether he's "really dedicated," and would stand by God no matter what happened, then Job failed the test.

Chapter 19:
Then Job answered: 2 "How long will you torment me, and break me in pieces with words? 3 These ten times you have cast reproach upon me; are you not ashamed to wrong me? 4 And even if it be true that I have erred, my error remains with myself. 5 If indeed you magnify yourselves against me, and make my humiliation an argument against me, 6 know then that God has put me in the wrong, and closed his net about me. 7 Behold, I cry out, 'Violence!' but I am not answered; I call aloud, but there is no justice. 8 He has walled up my way, so that I cannot pass, and he has set darkness upon my paths. 9 He has stripped from me my glory, and taken the crown from my head. 10 He breaks me down on every side, and I am gone, and my hope has he pulled up like a tree. 11 He has kindled his wrath against me, and counts me as his adversary. 12 His troops come on together; they have cast up siegeworks against me, and encamp round about my tent.

Chapter 21:
1 Then Job answered: 2 "Listen carefully to my words, and let this be your consolation. 3 Bear with me, and I will speak, and after I have spoken, mock on. 4 As for me, is my complaint against man? Why should I not be impatient? 5 Look at me, and be appalled, and lay your hand upon your mouth. 6 When I think of it I am dismayed, and shuddering seizes my flesh. 7 Why do the wicked live, reach old age, and grow mighty in power? 8 Their children are established in their presence, and their offspring before their eyes. 9 Their houses are safe from fear, and no rod of God is upon them. 10 Their bull breeds without fail; their cow calves, and does not cast her calf. 11 They send forth their little ones like a flock, and their children dance. 12 They sing to the tambourine and the lyre, and rejoice to the sound of the pipe. 13 They spend their days in prosperity, and in peace they go down to Sheol. 14 They say to God, 'Depart from us! We do not desire the knowledge of thy ways. 15 What is the Almighty, that we should serve him? And what profit do we get if we pray to him?' 16 Behold, is not their prosperity in their hand? The counsel of the wicked is far from me.

Chapter 23
1 Then Job answered: 2 "Today also my complaint is bitter, his hand is heavy in spite of my groaning. 3 Oh, that I knew where I might find him, that I might come even to his seat! 4 I would lay my case before him and fill my mouth with arguments. 5 I would learn what he would answer me, and understand what he would say to me. 6 Would he contend with me in the greatness of his power? No; he would give heed to me. 7 There an upright man could reason with him, and I should be acquitted for ever by my judge.

Chapter 27
1 And Job again took up his discourse, and said: 2 "As God lives, who has taken away my right, and the Almighty, who has made my soul bitter; 3 as long as my breath is in me, and the spirit of God is in my nostrils; 4 my lips will not speak falsehood, and my tongue will not utter deceit. 5 Far be it from me to say that you are right; till I die I will not put away my integrity from me. 6 I hold fast my righteousness, and will not let it go; my heart does not reproach me for any of my days.

Chapter 30
16 "And now my soul is poured out within me; days of affliction have taken hold of me. 17 The night racks my bones, and the pain that gnaws me takes no rest. 18 With violence it seizes my garment; it binds me about like the collar of my tunic. 19 God has cast me into the mire, and I have become like dust and ashes. 20 I cry to thee and thou dost not answer me; I stand, and thou dost not heed me. 21 Thou hast turned cruel to me; with the might of thy hand thou dost persecute me. 22 Thou liftest me up on the wind, thou makest me ride on it, and thou tossest me about in the roar of the storm. 23 Yea, I know that thou wilt bring me to death, and to the house appointed for all living.

Ben Masada

No help like this required.

Put away your supernatural toys and come back if you want to deal with things that are true.
There is no Satan or talking snakes and fish that spit out people after three days.

Are these true

Man+woman=son
God+lady God=Goodgod
God+woman=abomination
Angel+woman=flood

Regards
DL

Yes, "Greatest I am", what is the Truth? Why don't you tell us yourself in the meantime?

Ben:rolleyes: