• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why do christianity get so much hate?

GoodAttention

Although I don't quite understand everything in your post, it is pretty interesting. Few who claim to believe in God and evolution will say why they believe in evolution but are silent about God.

Let us go back to your first comment,

"Now remember that Adam listened to his wife. And his wife listened to a serpent talking".

You qualified your statement further by saying,

"Obvioiusly many are influenced by these utterances".

I am asking for the Jewish interpretation of these (Genesis) utterances, given that I reject the Christian interpretation of "original sin".

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)

"Now remember that Adam listened to his wife. And his wife listened to a serpent talking".

I am asking for the Jewish interpretation of these (Genesis) utterances, given that I reject the Christian interpretation of "original sin".
Maybe you can start a thread about that.

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)

But you have to remember what at least one person here said more or less, "two Jews, three interpretations."

Glaurung

Denizen of Niflheim
It seems some on this thread basically would end up hating 90% of the world's religions because they don't follow post 1960s Western morality.
Secular progressivism is the predominate faith of this site's userbase. It's to be expected.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Old? Isn’t the word you meant to use “mature”?

No, so maybe it was "manure"?

BTW, my relatives us to call my maternal grandfather "Mr. Manure", and I didn't really understand the gist of that when I was younger. He was French, and his last name was "Manue" which was anglicized to "Miller" when my great-grandfather emigrated from Quebec to the U.P.