• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why do Christians accuse other religions of believing in false prophets?

idea

Question Everything
Here are some biblical scriptures that discuss false prophets:
  1. Matthew 7:15-20: "Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep's clothing but inwardly are ravenous wolves. You will recognize them by their fruits. Are grapes gathered from thornbushes, or figs from thistles? So, every healthy tree bears good fruit, but the diseased tree bears bad fruit. A healthy tree cannot bear bad fruit, nor can a diseased tree bear good fruit. Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. Thus you will recognize them by their fruits."
  2. Matthew 24:24: "For false christs and false prophets will arise and perform great signs and wonders, so as to lead astray, if possible, even the elect."
  3. 2 Peter 2:1-3: "But false prophets also arose among the people, just as there will be false teachers among you, who will secretly bring in destructive heresies, even denying the Master who bought them, bringing upon themselves swift destruction. And many will follow their sensuality, and because of them, the way of truth will be blasphemed. And in their greed, they will exploit you with false words. Their condemnation from long ago is not idle, and their destruction is not asleep."
  4. 1 John 4:1: "Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, for many false prophets have gone out into the world."
  5. Deuteronomy 18:20-22: "But the prophet who presumes to speak a word in my name that I have not commanded him to speak, or who speaks in the name of other gods, that same prophet shall die.' And if you say in your heart, 'How may we know the word that the LORD has not spoken?'— when a prophet speaks in the name of the LORD, if the word does not come to pass or come true, that is a word that the LORD has not spoken; the prophet has spoken it presumptuously. You need not be afraid of him."

So... I guess just worry about being a good person, and ignore all the messiah-complex weirdis.

Muffled

Jesus in me
On what basis do you figure you are able to outwit this greatest of deceivers- one with God-like powers. That you would make such a claim in the first place ushers in doubt.

Would you like to put this claim to the test ? --- Yes !? --- Do you believe in the Trinity ... that Jesus is God - "The Father"
I believe I have the Holy Spirit in me to guide me to the truth.

I believe in the Trinity. I believe Jesus is God in the flesh. I believe the Father is God outside the flesh and God is one just as Jesus said He is one with the Father.

Muffled

Jesus in me
Nothing wrong with that .. but why sit on the fence?
It is as if you are claiming that it is all wrong, because there are inconsistencies.

The claim of Bahai's, as I understand it, is that most former religions were once
"true" religions revealed by G-d. It doesn't mean that they are all correct and accurate today.
I believe one would have to find evidence of changes and there is none.

muhammad_isa

Veteran Member
I believe one would have to find evidence of changes and there is none.
It is difficult enough going back 2000 years, and finding reliable, accurate historical record.
..and you think that going back 5000 years can be reliable?
I for one, do not.

Sargonski

I believe I have the Holy Spirit in me to guide me to the truth.

I believe in the Trinity. I believe Jesus is God in the flesh. I believe the Father is God outside the flesh and God is one just as Jesus said He is one with the Father.
Good - So think you can outwit the the greatest of decievers that you are smarter , that you can tell the difference between the "Holy Sprit" and a the Holiest of Spirit guides - with God-like Powers - because he is a God - one who has dominion on earth.

"I Believe" - you say - in some man made dogman called the Trinity that purports to have backing in the words of Jesus -- but we just can't seem to find any of his words that give any reasonable support for this idea that Jesus is "The Father" .. according to all modern theological circles except the fundamentalists .. a fact so blatant that even some Bible dictionaries mention.

Further the Trinity is a concept that you yourself do not understand - such that you would not ever know if you were being decieved ,,just on this basis.

How do you know that the deceiver did not have a hand in the creation of this man made dogma that you gulped down so willingly and without question ?

How do you know that the spirit guide you claim to be able to access .. is not a decepticon ?

The simple reality is that you don't .. the idea that you do know the difference and/or can know the difference3 is the first deception of the self which you were conned into engaging

Brian2

Veteran Member
"I Believe" - you say - in some man made dogman called the Trinity that purports to have backing in the words of Jesus -- but we just can't seem to find any of his words that give any reasonable support for this idea that Jesus is "The Father" .. according to all modern theological circles except the fundamentalists .. a fact so blatant that even some Bible dictionaries mention.

The trinity does not say that Jesus is the Father.
It says that Jesus is the Son of the Father.

Brian2

Veteran Member
The Trinity states that Jesus is "The Father" --- not understanding this a common error. "Homoousios" if you want the technical explanation.

Modalism says that the Son is the Father. Trinitarianism does not say that.
Homoousios means "of one substance".
It is as Jesus said. "I and the Father are one".

John 10:30 I and the Father are one.”
31 Again his Jewish opponents picked up stones to stone him, 32 but Jesus said to them, “I have shown you many good works from the Father. For which of these do you stone me?”
33 “We are not stoning you for any good work,” they replied, “but for blasphemy, because you, a mere man, claim to be God.”

That word "one" in verse 10 is in the neuter case and so Jesus is saying that He and the Father are one thing.
But that does not mean that Jesus is the Father.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member

31 Again his Jewish opponents picked up stones to stone him, 32 but Jesus said to them, “I have shown you many good works from the Father. For which of these do you stone me?”
33 “We are not stoning you for any good work,” they replied, “but for blasphemy, because you, a mere man, claim to be God.”

That word "one" in verse 10 is in the neuter case and so Jesus is saying that He and the Father are one thing.
I believe that “I and my Father are one” (John 10:30) means that whatever pertains to Jesus, all His acts and doings, are identical with the Will of the Father. Jesus and God also share the same Holy Spirit, so in that sense they are one. Jesus also shares some (but not all) the Attributes of God so in that sense they are one. But that does not mean that Jesus is God the Father.

Brian2

Veteran Member
I believe that “I and my Father are one” (John 10:30) means that whatever pertains to Jesus, all His acts and doings, are identical with the Will of the Father. Jesus and God also share the same Holy Spirit, so in that sense they are one. Jesus also shares some (but not all) the Attributes of God so in that sense they are one. But that does not mean that Jesus is God the Father.

I'm the one who is saying that Jesus is not the Father. Trinitarianism does not say that the Son is the Father.
I would say that the Son and the Father share all the same attributes however because the Son is exactly like His Father according to the Bible.
When we look at Jesus as a man on earth we aren't looking at all that Jesus is however. Jesus became a man and lived as a human who needed to rely on God for everything.

Sargonski

Modalism says that the Son is the Father. Trinitarianism does not say that.
Homoousios means "of one substance".

Saying Jesus was "Homoousios" - one substance .. is saying that Jesus was "The Father" .. but this has nothing to do with John 10..

You do not know what the word "Homoousios" means .. do not know what "One Substance" means .. / "meant" to the folks at Nicea. ---

To "the Greeks" - neo-platonic philosophy - there were two kinds of substances -- one that God is made of .. and one that everything else was made of -- dirt - trees - man .. everything else.

So if you are made of the God Substance .. you are "GOD" aka "The Father" Same Subtance with the Father -from whome all things are made.

Now the trinity contradicts itself and also claims 3 personages .. or 3 wills if you like .. but now we are in the land of Polytheism

The debate over the nature of Christs divinity raged for 300 years --- claiming Jesus was Homoousios settled the issue .. by decree. Jesus is the Father .. and thats that .. ask me no questions.. I will tell you no lies.

John 10 is not referring to "one in substance" . It is referring to one in will . "Of the same mind" .. as Jesus was "The Logos" emissary between man and God .. who spoke God's word through the Holy Spirit. John 1:1 is an intentional mistranslation ... Jesus was "The Logos" and this is the Greek word .. not "The Word" .. and no .. that is not what Logos means in a religious context .. Logos can mean word .. but when used in a religious context means "emmisary between Man and God"

John is using a play on words here .. because Jesus is the physical representation of God's word .. and emination from the Godhead ..

but Jesus is not "The Father" not one substance with the Father .. according to the author of John. The one telling you otherwise is the deceiver .. on them fundamentalist sites.

Last edited:

Brian2

Veteran Member
Saying Jesus was "Homoousios" - one substance .. is saying that Jesus was "The Father" .. but this has nothing to do with John 10..

You do not know what the word "Homoousios" means .. do not know what "One Substance" means ..

Homoousios means that Jesus is in the form of God.
Phil 2:5 Have this mind among yourselves, which is yours in Christ Jesus, 6 who, being in the form of God, did not count equality with God a thing to be grasped, 7 but emptied himself, by taking the form of a servant, being born in the likeness of men. 8 And being found in human form, he humbled himself by becoming obedient to the point of death, even death on a cross.

Jesus was not created (see John 1:3)
John 1:2He was with God in the beginning. 3Through Him all things were made, and without Him nothing was made that has been made.

He has always been and has always been with God and in the form of God. Even as a man He was in the form of God. So He is as much God as the God He was and is with.
He is in the Father and the Father is in Him. (John 14:11) They occupy the same form.

Sargonski

Homoousios means that Jesus is in the form of God.
Phil 2:5 Have this mind among yourselves, which is yours in Christ Jesus, 6 who, being in the form of God, did not count equality with God a thing to be grasped, 7 but emptied himself, by taking the form of a servant, being born in the likeness of men. 8 And being found in human form, he humbled himself by becoming obedient to the point of death, even death on a cross.

Jesus was not created (see John 1:3)
John 1:2He was with God in the beginning. 3Through Him all things were made, and without Him nothing was made that has been made.

He has always been and has always been with God and in the form of God. Even as a man He was in the form of God. So He is as much God as the God He was and is with.
He is in the Father and the Father is in Him. (John 14:11) They occupy the same form.

You do not know what the word "Homoousios" means .. do not know what "One Substance" means .. / "meant" to the folks at Nicea. ---

To "the Greeks" - neo-platonic philosophy - there were two kinds of substances -- one that God is made of .. and one that everything else was made of -- dirt - trees - man .. everything else.

So if you are made of the God Substance .. you are "GOD" aka "The Father" Same Subtance with the Father -from whome all things are made.

Now the trinity contradicts itself and also claims 3 personages .. or 3 wills if you like .. but now we are in the land of Polytheism

The debate over the nature of Christs divinity raged for 300 years --- claiming Jesus was Homoousios settled the issue .. by decree. Jesus is the Father .. and thats that .. ask me no questions.. I will tell you no lies.

John 10 is not referring to "one in substance" . It is referring to one in will . "Of the same mind" .. as Jesus was "The Logos" emissary between man and God .. who spoke God's word through the Holy Spirit. John 1:1 is an intentional mistranslation ... Jesus was "The Logos" and this is the Greek word .. not "The Word" .. and no .. that is not what Logos means in a religious context .. Logos can mean word .. but when used in a religious context means "emmisary between Man and God"

John is using a play on words here .. because Jesus is the physical representation of God's word .. and emination from the Godhead ..

but Jesus is not "The Father" not one substance with the Father according to the author of John. The one telling you otherwise is the deceiver .. on them fundamentalist sites.

Muffled

Jesus in me
It is difficult enough going back 2000 years, and finding reliable, accurate historical record.
..and you think that going back 5000 years can be reliable?
I for one, do not.
I believe all one can rely on is what we have.
Yeah, that's what all Protestants say. Which of the tens of thousands of denominations that have resulted from being spirit led is actually the truth? Not really working out that well for you guys.
I believe anyone can say it but for many it is expedient for them to substitute their own thinking.

Muffled

Jesus in me
Good - So think you can outwit the the greatest of decievers that you are smarter , that you can tell the difference between the "Holy Sprit" and a the Holiest of Spirit guides - with God-like Powers - because he is a God - one who has dominion on earth.

Further the Trinity is a concept that you yourself do not understand - such that you would not ever know if you were being decieved ,,just on this basis.

How do you know that the deceiver did not have a hand in the creation of this man made dogma that you gulped down so willingly and without question ?

How do you know that the spirit guide you claim to be able to access .. is not a decepticon ?

The simple reality is that you don't .. the idea that you do know the difference and/or can know the difference3 is the first deception of the self which you were conned into engaging
Any of that can be insufficient for finding the Truth. The Paraclete is the Truth.

I believe that is false. I do not believe in a man made Trinity ; I believe in the Trinity that is in the Bible.

I believe that is because those words do not exist. The word is: one with the Father.

I believe you are reflecting your own thinking. I understand the Trinity as well or better than anyone.

I believe I would know a deception because I have the Spirit of Truth in me.

I believe there are at least two reasons. 1. Fulfilled prophecy 2. God is not going to allow the deceiver to take His place.

I believe you are not able to make that judgment because you do not have the Holy Spirit.