• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why do Christians accuse other religions of believing in false prophets?

Muffled

Jesus in me
I know the truth can be hard to accept as it was for me initially but over time after thinking about it it made a lot of sense that all religions unite as it might help get rid of wars and conflicts. As to homosexuality the Bible and Quran both say the same thing.
I believe that would be nice but the B man did not achieve that.

CG Didymus

Veteran Member
Because religion, including Baha'i, is a very divisive and competitive business. As the Baha'i claim their own version of truth it means Christians, Jews, Muslims, Hindus, and any other religious tradition MUST be wrong. Until there is an actual truth behind religion there will be no consistency or unity.

No. That is not correct. What Baha’is believe is that the original teachings of all religions are true but not the man made doctrines and interpretations added afterwards.

Right there, division. You believe what BAHA'I believe, not what people of other religions believe. You don't have an argument to present them, you think your view is superior. Religions are subjective and heavily fragmented, but the believers like what they are committed to, and you want to take that away. Is that a winning strategy?

I know the truth can be hard to accept as it was for me initially but over time after thinking about it it made a lot of sense that all religions unite as it might help get rid of wars and conflicts.
Liberal forms of most religions do accept the other liberal forms of other religions, because they accept that there are "many" paths to God and/or the truth... And don't take their religious beliefs so literally... Maybe even liberal Baha'is? It's conservative, true-believers, fundamentalist types in a religion that don't. And as long as Baha'is take themselves as being "The Truth", it does make all the other religions, as believed and practiced today, wrong.

Can and will the Baha'i Faith ever get over itself and truly unite with other people in the other religions and believe in them and accept them just the way they are? I don't think they can, because they do believe they have "The Truth" and that all the other religions have lost their "original" teachings. Which were what again? Oh yeah, what the Baha'i Faith says they were.

Muffled

Jesus in me
Liberal forms of most religions do accept the other liberal forms of other religions, because they accept that there are "many" paths to God and/or the truth... And don't take their religious beliefs so literally... Maybe even liberal Baha'is? It's conservative, true-believers, fundamentalist types in a religion that don't. And as long as Baha'is take themselves as being "The Truth", it does make all the other religions, as believed and practiced today, wrong.

Can and will the Baha'i Faith ever get over itself and truly unite with other people in the other religions and believe in them and accept them just the way they are? I don't think they can, because they do believe they have "The Truth" and that all the other religions have lost their "original" teachings. Which were what again? Oh yeah, what the Baha'i Faith says they were.
I believe they can't without abandoning the B man no matter how wrong he was.

CG Didymus

Veteran Member
I believe they can't without abandoning the B man no matter how wrong he was.
Yeah, they can't abandon their "infallible" prophet. And people in the other religions that believe their Scriptures are literally true and infallible can't abandon theirs. So where does that get us? Each of those religions will in varying degrees think that their truth is only truth or is the truest truth. And Baha'is are one of those. They believe they are the truest and newest truth from God, and the only one that can unite the people of the world.

So, why would Baha'is acknowledge the other religions as equals? And I don't see that they are. They find fault with the beliefs and practices of all the other religions. They have come to update and replace those faulty beliefs and practices. Once people see that and accept that, then they can all unite as one people. But it will be as Baha'is.

But why would all the people in the other religions do that? Have people ever done that?

Muffled

Jesus in me
Yeah, they can't abandon their "infallible" prophet. And people in the other religions that believe their Scriptures are literally true and infallible can't abandon theirs. So where does that get us? Each of those religions will in varying degrees think that their truth is only truth or is the truest truth. And Baha'is are one of those. They believe they are the truest and newest truth from God, and the only one that can unite the people of the world.

So, why would Baha'is acknowledge the other religions as equals? And I don't see that they are. They find fault with the beliefs and practices of all the other religions. They have come to update and replace those faulty beliefs and practices. Once people see that and accept that, then they can all unite as one people. But it will be as Baha'is.

But why would all the people in the other religions do that? Have people ever done that?
I believe supposedly there will only be one religion under the anti-Christ, the embodiment of the devil. You won't find me in it.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
I believe he has slightly more credibility than Ron Hubbard, fiction writer.
That is like saying that Jesus has slightly more credibility than Ron Hubbard, fiction writer.
Actually, there is more evidence for Baha'u'llah than there is for Jesus, since there is very little evidence for Jesus.

Sargonski

I believe supposedly there will only be one religion under the anti-Christ, the embodiment of the devil. You won't find me in it.

Of course you will be part of what ever religion the sheeple of the day are flocking to ... which includes secular religion.. Do you think you are not easily deceived by the great deceiver ?

Muffled

Jesus in me
That is like saying that Jesus has slightly more credibility than Ron Hubbard, fiction writer.
Actually, there is more evidence for Baha'u'llah than there is for Jesus, since there is very little evidence for Jesus.
I believe the evidence of Jesus is true and the evidence for the Baha'u'llah is false.

Muffled

Jesus in me
Of course you will be part of what ever religion the sheeple of the day are flocking to ... which includes secular religion.. Do you think you are not easily deceived by the great deceiver ?
I believe I am not easily deceived by the deceiver.

Sargonski

I believe I am not easily deceived by the deceiver.

On what basis do you figure you are able to outwit this greatest of deceivers- one with God-like powers. That you would make such a claim in the first place ushers in doubt.

Would you like to put this claim to the test ? --- Yes !? --- Do you believe in the Trinity ... that Jesus is God - "The Father"

CG Didymus

Veteran Member
Never mind what the religious followers say. Examine the evidence yourself who Jesus was, and your take on what Jesus said about Himself, and what the Qur'an said about Jesus. I have no problem myself reconciling what Jesus said about Himself, and what the Qur'an said about Jesus. What the Jews think is not based on anything I consider authoritative, just what what some religious leaders have said.

You have to do some investigating and pondering justly before you can make a judgment on this.

Did the young Jesus make clay birds and made the come to life?

The Infancy Gospel of Thomas is a biographical gospel about the childhood of Jesus, believed to date at the latest to the second century. The Infancy Gospel of Thomas is generally considered to be Gnostic in origin... One of the episodes involves Jesus making clay birds, which he then proceeds to bring to life, an act also attributed to Jesus in Quran 5:110
Did Mary give birth to Jesus under a palm tree?

When it comes to the Nativity, however, the Quran differs from the New Testament. Mary, the Muslim text says, “withdrew to a distant place.” This seems to be in line with the Protevangelium of James.But the Muslim text goes on to describe a Nativity scene that isn’t found in the Protevangelium. In the Quran’s telling of the story, in the “distant place,” the pains of labor drove Mary to “the trunk of a date-palm.” A miraculous voice told her: “Do not grieve! Your Lord has placed a small stream at your feet.” Mary is told to eat from the dates of the palm tree, drink from the water and trust in God.For centuries, Western scholars wondered where the Quranic story of Mary giving birth under a palm tree came from. Some pointed out that another apocryphal document, “The Infancy Gospel of Matthew,” also depicts Mary eating from a palm tree and drinking from a miraculous spring. There, however, the incident takes place not during the birth of Jesus but years later.

Since the clay bird story and Mary giving birth under a palm tree are found in the Quran, do Baha'is believe those stories to be true?
Still waiting for you to respond to this. Is the Quran version of the birth of Jesus the true story and the Gospel story fictional? And then the clay birds? Is the Quran putting out "symbolic" stories also or did that really happen?

muhammad_isa

Veteran Member
Still waiting for you to respond to this. Is the Quran version of the birth of Jesus the true story and the Gospel story fictional? And then the clay birds? Is the Quran putting out "symbolic" stories also or did that really happen?
Is the Bible the literal word of God?
I don't think so .. neither is it claimed to be .. it is believed inspired by God through men.
That means it can include errors .. i.e. we have "Gospel according to" etc.

The Qur'an is not totally literal either .. it includes allegorical text.

Riders

Many Christians believe that anyone outside of the bible or any spiritual books outside the bible like The Book Of Mormon I a false prophet. another example would be the 7th day Adventists who have Ellen G. White, they think shes a false prophet too.

CG Didymus

Veteran Member
Is the Bible the literal word of God?
I don't think so .. neither is it claimed to be .. it is believed inspired by God through men.
That means it can include errors .. i.e. we have "Gospel according to" etc.

The Qur'an is not totally literal either .. it includes allegorical text.
It changes things quite a bit if the gospel story of Jesus isn't literal. And I personally believe it very likely fictional. Baha'is say a NT story, like the resurrection, is symbolic, yet they say that Jesus was born of a virgin. As if that is literally true. Too much flip flopping around for me. If the stories are written as if they are real, actual events, but aren't, then they fiction... as in made up by the writers or taken from legends and traditions.

And, as you know, born-again Christians take the Bible and the NT as literal as possible and to be the errorless, infallible Word of God. If it's something less, then what is it? The "Almost" Word of God? If it the event sounds to unbelievable, then it must be allegorical?

Well yeah, then Baha'is should make the virgin birth and the whole story about Bethlehem allegorical too and go with the Quran story about the palm tree.

muhammad_isa

Veteran Member
@CG Didymus
I think you just look for inconsistencies, as if that somehow lets you "off the hook"

The Bible is based on truth.
A person who seeks truth will find truth.
God is not a person .. God created the universe and all it contains.
God is nether male or female.

I happen to believe that Jesus was born of the virgin Mary .. it was a miracle.
God Almighty does what He wills.

CG Didymus

Veteran Member
@CG Didymus
I think you just look for inconsistencies, as if that somehow lets you "off the hook"

The Bible is based on truth.
A person who seeks truth will find truth.
God is not a person .. God created the universe and all it contains.
God is nether male or female.

I happen to believe that Jesus was born of the virgin Mary .. it was a miracle.
God Almighty does what He wills.
If I find inconsistencies, why ignore them? It kind of show that maybe, the Bible and other Holy Books aren't all that truthful. If there's a good explanation, then that's okay. But believers should not ignore them. Oh, and making an account of an event that supposedly actually hadn't into a symbolic allegory, I don't consider a good explanation.